My visa ran out do I need yo go immigration

30 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Even if my original stamp has already expired? And this is assuming there's no further extension of the amnesty, of course.

You would be extending the "automatic extension" you have. 

Not needed if they extend the ministerial notice again.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would be extending the "automatic extension" you have. 

Not needed if they extend the ministerial notice again.

I see. So you're saying that if my current stamp expires on June 4, and due to the amnesty I can stay until July 31, assuming there is no further extension of the amnesty, i could get a 60-day extension that presumably begins on July 31 or August 1?

8 minutes ago, drbeach said:

I see. So you're saying that if my current stamp expires on June 4, and due to the amnesty I can stay until July 31, assuming there is no further extension of the amnesty, i could get a 60-day extension that presumably begins on July 31 or August 1?

Yes but the extension would probably start on the day you apply since the "automatic extension" is not a real extension.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes but the extension would probably start on the day you apply since the "automatic extension" is not a real extension.

Ah, I see. In which case it wouldn't make sense to apply more than a couple of days before the end of the amnesty.

Anyway, this is purely theoretical at this stage. Still many weeks to get through, before we know whether at least some borders will have re-opened before the end of July, or the amnesty is extended.