Current situation in Russia is dire

JensenZ

5 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I don't know what's actually going on in Russia, but I read your article and that is not a news piece.  That is self-written propaganda piece by her PR people. 

The ABC is one of the few media organizations that fact-checks the news it publishes. A Russian doctor has a PR team? What are you, a Putin stooge? Or should that be Putain?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I don't know what's actually going on in Russia, but I read your article and that is not a news piece.  That is self-written propaganda piece by her PR people. 

I have good friends in Moscow whom I've known for decades. This is what life is like there. They became concerned about Russian state information on the pandemic in early March. Soon after, there were runs on pharmacies. So much for trust in comrade Vlad.

Now they are quite fearful because they know that the hospital system may not be able to help.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, rabas said:

I have good friends in Moscow whom I've known for decades. This is what life is like there. They became concerned about Russian state information on the pandemic in early March. Soon after, there were runs on pharmacies. So much for trust in comrade Vlad.

Now they are quite fearful because they know that the hospital system may not be able to help.

I've read other reports on the situation in Russia, all along a similar line. I would trust these reports over anything from the Kremlin. I have contact with Russians too, and most of them don't have a clue what is really going on, but they all don't trust the government's information. I certainly don't believe their very low reported mortality rate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dart12 said:

It doesn't matter what is presented, there's always someone ready to quickly rubbish it. It was obvious that Russia was hiding their true numbers as I've watched them closely since March. They didn't make sense. It's no surprise that Putin is shutting information down.

I have contact with a Russian that is a scientist in the aircraft industry. I asked him on March 24 about the situation over there.

This is what he said:

"Mxm, [24.03.20 11:44]
We dont know all situation too. I work in a significant place where infection is unacceptable.  but the only safety measure is to measure the temperature with a broken thermometer at the entrance.  no quarantine is out of the question"

Me: Where do you work?

Mxm, [24.03.20 11:48]
In moscow region. Im a scientist. Spacecraft industry

Me: "what is your average temperature at the moment?"

Mxm, [24.03.20 11:49]
32 LOL

Mxm, [24.03.20 11:50] My body

Mxm, [24.03.20 11:50]
Today only -6

Mxm, [24.03.20 11:50]
Tomorrow will be +12

Mxm, [24.03.20 11:51]
thermometers are in the cold and show the wrong temperature

Mxm, [24.03.20 11:53]
we are as irresponsible as Italians.  masks are 1 in 100

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Traubert said:
4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

First it was the CCP in China silencing and persecuting frontline medical staff, now it is Russia's turn.

How many?

One is way too many. Yet the CCP never hesitates when it doesn't like the truth.  So the answer to your question is countless times. How can they do this? No freedom of speech thus nothing to stop them.