Lockdown easing latest: Calls to open bars and clubs ahead of schools rejected

webfact

who cares about the clubs? just open normal bars. even if it is only open air bars, ( or bars that dont have a/c banging out to recirculate the airflow )  restaurants are open so if social distancing is enforced what is the problem? 

sorry for my typos.  Google talk.  

I'm not sure of the evidence of higher ups not liking alcohol use.  But if so they tried  one alcohol ban as a test.  I like to have a nice IPA session beer every day.  half the time 2.  I can skip a day if I'm busy.  I'm fine to drink at home. to me it provides  an end to the work day so I wait until after 5 except on Sundays.  On sundays, I think I get bonus points if I drink a beer before noon.  I have to settle for singha when I'm in Thailand and it's a big sacrifice to me.  The other choice is  buying  a 250-300 baht  import can at as few select BKK take out places.  I cant enjoy a beer at that price.  I traveled to Thailand I believe 11 times in the last 4 years.  My very first trip I just kept thinking why do thai men put up with all these Western men using , dating, marrying thai women.   I know it brings  money to poor households In some cases but many men here brag their women make more than them.   As far as the sex capital tittle and the image of old balding fat men holding hands  with granddaughter aged women,  Thai's must hate this. How can the elite get any respect in the Rest of the World.  If I was a western businessman I would suspect most of the Rich Thai businessmen  made their money from inheritance,  drug or sex money, or on the backs of the super poor.   There have been lots of talk and even action (Pattaya) trying to clean  up Thailand's  image.  They say to attract better, more tourists.   If this is what  the top China Thai leaders  think, now is the perfect time. 

ps.  I enjoy a beer during evening happy hour at nana or cowboy watching the girls arrive to work and buying food and settling in for their shift.  

Edited by Elkski
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

With no local transmissions for days, where would the outbreak come from? Unless Dr Plipat has other data than us mere mortals.

Dr has his head up his bottom! It's OVER, get over it and if a cov19 case comes along "from outer space", deal with it!

I really have no idea why this discussion is around beer bars, hookers whatever.  The place has been closed since mid March, 57 people died, no one in Pattaya has recorded a case in a month or more.  Meanwhile 500 meters from where I live a 1 km long line was formed at 1am with people trying to get a food handout 8 hours later at 9am. 

Let people go back to work whatever they do, when the government decides who can work, who cant work, what businesses will likely fail and which get enriched you no longer live in a free and fair society. How many millions have died to protect freedoms over the last 100 years, yet so many on this forum and other places are happy to give up that freedom for some perceived "safety" where 57 people died.   Most likely with Corona 19 and not from corona 19. 

Life has risk, deal with it.  I think so many people have been manipulated by a massive fear campaign that will likely result in years of hardship given the massive over reaction globally to this virus and governments enforcing unemployment and business closures on good people wanting to work. Over 40% of US deaths have been in nursing homes. The average age of deaths in Italy was 78 or 79.  

Be careful, make your own choices, the government doesn't give a <deleted> about you, do your research work out whats media bull whats the governments agenda (any government), what you should do given your own personal circumstances. Let people work so they don't starve not have to que like beggars for 8 hours just to get a meal in a once prosperous city.  Crazy. 

• Like 2

I am glad to see the lock down restrictions are being relaxed. I am also glad that the Thai people

are not out in rallies or protests like the foolish people in other parts of the world.

I am suffering from the Canadian TV news channels replaying over and over an event

that happened in the USA, as well as taking the entire news hour on that one event, when there

has been new events happening in other parts of the world that get no mention.

I hope you all have a good Summer Season in Thailand and that some international

air travel starts, so that who ever was trapped in Thailand can leave and who ever was

stranded can also fly to Thailand.  Great to see the beaches opening as well, enjoy the

Summer

Geezer

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Do you have proofs that what you said is entirely true for the entire population?

What is the total population in Thailand right now and how many of them were tested? Regards.

As at 7/4/20 population 66 Million , 70.000 tested. Bangkok post report.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:05 PM, Phil McCaverty said:

Yep chinos, all from Big C. Fussy about shoes, always have been. Deck shoes for me, bought in the UK, never wear anything else in Thailand. Occasionally wear a T shirt but usualy polo shirts bought at talat nat on Soi Buakhao.

Whats talat nat, and where is it on Soi Buakao