Covid-19: "Hi-So" face shields on their own are pointless, says leading Thai public health official

webfact

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Then why are health workers in US and UK wearing them.

they can stop infections that can enter via the eyes,but what

do I know,compared to Thai health spokesman.

regards Worgeordie

In the UK and US, are they wearing the face shields instead of face masks though, or as well as?

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Then why are health workers in US and UK wearing them.

they can stop infections that can enter via the eyes,but what

do I know,compared to Thai health spokesman.

regards Worgeordie

Hospitals and joe public are completely different scenarios

There are protocols in hospitals and PPE is used properly, then disposed of properly afterwards

If you're worried, go full hazmat

14 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

In the UK and US, are they wearing the face shields instead of face masks though, or as well as?

AS well, the more protection the better,US,UK its a serious problem

regards Worgeordie

2 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

The noun ' pointless ' could be used to describe alot of the current measures in Thailand

They're only "pointless" if viewed in the context of attempts to prevent the virus spreading.

If you look at them in a couple of other socio-economic contexts, and consider the penchant for authoritarianism in certain circles, they are actually quite a coherent package.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I went into Big C a couple of days ago.

The cashiers have been issued with face masks and also face shields. I noticed three out of the four cashiers had their face shields pushed up above their faces, on top of their heads. Pretty pointless having them.

Also went to Udon hospital yesterday. My wife took her niece who had a fever which developed during the night.

No face shields being worn, but two members of the hospital staff had no face masks at all. Another one had their face mask pushed down under their chin.

Real health professionals.

McDonald’s also ridiculous 

• Haha 1

Something we all knew. They handle money and pick their noses. Surely not a safe situation. Now they are requiring all but white people to "sign in" at some stores after a temperature check. This does not jive with the Deputy Prime Minister's claim that "caucasians" are spreading Covid 19. Are these people for real??????? What on EARTH can they be thinking???

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

Dr Fauci has said on tv they are acceptable as a replacement for a face mask as long as they go below the chin and back to just in front of the ears and this a man who knows what he is talking about .

Any virus particles that are aerosolised won'y move in a straight line and thus able to get under the shield.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Any virus particles that are aerosolised won'y move in a straight line and thus able to get under the shield.

You obviously haven't watched anything on how the droplets travel from the mouth when talking /sneezing or coughing , they travel straight out for some distance and if your wearing a face shield they will hit and drop straight down as has been shown in tests .

• Like 2