Covid-19: "Hi-So" face shields on their own are pointless, says leading Thai public health official

We've made some nice carbon hi-so face shields to trump any others out there. None of that common plastic <deleted>. Sends out a statement that I'm sporty, modern, rich and hi-so  😉

faceshield1.JPG

faceshield2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dr Fauci has said on tv they are acceptable as a replacement for a face mask as long as they go below the chin and back to just in front of the ears and this a man who knows what he is talking about .

i am saving up for a face lift, not a face mask. 

Human nature. Even in crisis, people feel the need to differentiate themselves to show they are ‘better’. 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Fun fact
People here like to wear these to try and protect them from a virus, but when they are trimming/cutting grass they don't bother. 
Seems like going blind is less of and issue than catching a virus... 

Don't wear one when they are welding just a pair of Chinese Ray-Ban copies

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i am saving up for a face lift, not a face mask. 

Pull that third chin right up

and sow it at the hairline!
there, that’s the ticket?

Posted (edited)

No locally transmitted cases in Thailand now, so why the need to carry on wearing face masks and visors. How long is this going for, until no cases worldwide.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, webfact said:

He reiterated that people should continue to wear surgical masks or cloth masks whenever they go out to stop the spread of the coronavirus. 

The holes in those masks look like the Grand Canyon to the typical virus.
Just about as much protection as those face shield.  All this PPE is simply applied placebo.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Bkkthebest said:

i disagree. There is a point. The idea of wearing the HI-SO face shield is to show others that you are Hi-So.

It's the Red License Plate of face masks!  😆

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

The noun ' pointless ' could be used to describe alot of the current measures in Thailand

Yes but it's the appearance that counts.

Actually I think the full-guard ensemble is actually a Marxist plot, to get rid of as many self-appointed hi-sos as possible. Good thing too.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said this offered no protection at all and he strongly advised against it.

No one in the world knows enough about this virus. We are told that cloth masks and surgical masks don't do enough to stop the particles, only the N95 masks properly filter everything, but this doctor says wearing cloth or surgical masks is fine; we are told that transmission can also be through the eyes, but the doctor says a face shield doesn't help at all, only a mask - which he overlooks cause it does not protect the eyes. It seems like to make things smoother, just do what the government says on that day, cause like everywhere in the world, people still don't know enough.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

said it a few times these last couple of weeks 

told I was talking rubbish by a few very smart people on TVF

Me too ... I was also called out

A lot of experts saying a lot of things with no proof or facts .How about backing up all these comical regulation and rules with some research.? Just reading the daily list of expert opinions is a total head spin .

• Like 1
6 hours ago, smedly said:

said it a few times these last couple of weeks 

told I was talking rubbish by a few very smart people on TVF

You were not talking rubbish at all. Aerosols escape from under this shield. The statement of this Thai doctor is exactly what doctors worldwide say. You need a mask as well. Singapore school kids wear shield and mask.

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

Fun fact
People here like to wear these to try and protect them from a virus, but when they are trimming/cutting grass they don't bother. 
Seems like going blind is less of and issue than catching a virus... 

I bet you have an impressive wardrobe of yellow vests The richer, "hiso" folk probably

don't do a lot of strumming or other manual labour, so not really an issue.