I need serious info on living in Cambodia or vietnam

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Money's clearly not an issue, so why not take a nice, slow trip around the neighbouring countries and see how you feel afterwards?

Are you not over reacting a little. Is Thailand making it harder to live---or your wife's relations?   You don't seem to be in a great frame of mind--talking about jumping off of a high place etc....I

Cambodia is a 3rd world dump for those with low funds that are OK with a downgraded living standard. Vietnam is getting better, but still not even close to Thailand. Your income is decent an

Posted Images

Just leave the family that seems to be your biggest problem. I spent a year once upon a time in Vietnam no need to go back

• Like 1

Consider moving to one of those fly over states in USA.  You can buy a nice place with big land in KY, TN.  And very low taxes.  Friend on mine left LoS last year—loves it.

• Like 1

I am sending you info on Cambodia as you asked for it but I would not recomend living there if in bad health. Why not simply move to another area of Thailand say Pattaya or Hua Hin ?  With your income it's easy to get retirement visa with income method of 65,000 baht a month.  If you are a US Vet can get a lifetime visa in Phillippines  for $14 or $1500.

• Like 1
On 6/2/2020 at 7:15 PM, bkk6060 said:

Cambodia is a 3rd world dump for those with low funds that are OK with a downgraded living standard.

Vietnam is getting better, but still not even close to Thailand.

Your income is decent and Thailand is affordable it the best place of the three for overall lifestyle.

Maybe the OP like most of us sees too much unnecessary hoop jumping going on in Thailand.

• Like 2

After living in Thailand for a couple of Decades, I would not consider Cambodia or Vietnam to live, both these countries have been discussed by others before me. If as you say you are a simple guy with simple needs, escape to the country, there are some really nice places, that still have the facilities you need, medical  etc. I don't find the visa situation too hard, I do it all myself, no need to pay thousands under the table if you have the financial requirements, which you apparently have. If your main aim is to escape the wife and her family, it can be done quite easily. Some posters are suggesting tourist spots like Pattaya and Phuket but that may not be for you, Not everyone wants a beach, tourists and lots of Expats, in fact I couldn't think of anything worse. If you decide to explore your options in escaping to the country, I am happy to provide information on Western Thailand

just pm me.

I stayed in a few places before deciding where to live. Im not retired.

I decided on malaysia and been here 7 years. I would also be happy with vietnam but not a mjor city. Danang was nice. I didnt really consider philippines but do like it there.

Try penang or langkawi in malaysia. Very nice places.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Consider moving to one of those fly over states in USA.  You can buy a nice place with big land in KY, TN.  And very low taxes.  Friend on mine left LoS last year—loves it.

I lived in Arkansas for many years and what you say is very true. However the winters are not that pleasant and you can pretty much forget the easy female companionship you found in Thailand.

• Like 2

1st of all, dump the wife and her family. Get away from them ASAP and don't let them know where you are. Change your phone number, Facebook, etc,  And than, as the others suggested, take your time to travel around, when it will be possible again. I got divorced myself and after that, I was happy again.

• Like 2