Photos for Marriage extension

I understand every office, and IO will have their own interpretation of whats needed, but what is the general rule for photographs needed when applying for extension based on marriage?.

I know they need to be printed in colour onto A4, but how many photos per page etc, and do i need to get them developed 'old style' too?

TIA

PST

I am working the Marriage visa now, a change from retirement, because of 

stupid rules changes.

I can't answer right now, but Friday I will visit immigration again, for them to

to see what I have and if I need anything else.

Will post again after they make up their mind about all they want.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It can very office to office.

Generally two photos inside the house with one of them done of you both in the bedroom ( I do one of us sitting on the bed). One showing the house number with both of you in it and one from the street showing the house.

I print mine with two 5 X 7 inch photos on one page (I print them on photo paper).

we do the same pics, never a problem, print 2 to an a4 piece of paper

I did this today, originally over the phone was told only two photos neccesary, turned up at immigration last week to be advised six photos were required including a mix of inside and outside the house. We took three outside and three inside including the living room sofa, the kitchen area, and at the dining table. We also had a back up photo sitting on the bed based on readings on this forum in case they specifically asked for it but I wasn't going to offer it unless required as I also feel that's a bit intrusive and unneccesary, turns out it was not required, but good to have it ready in case it is.

Edited by tdm
  • Like 1

My personal experience just 4 wks ago was 4 pics required,:

I outside the entrance showing the house number

1 in the grounds near the entrance to the house

2 pics taken internally specific rooms not stated.

2 pics in color per A4 sheet.

2 sets of copies in blk & wht acceptable.

6 sht of paper in total, each one signed by both of us.

That is "my experience" .????

• Like 2

Please be aware that the self photos  (2 required) to be attached to application are to be taken in "proper attire"

Read that as suit and tie

Most photo shops can "photoshop" pictures to requirements

My experience last week

They also told me in Mae Sai that they only needed 2 pictures

One outside with house number and one inside the house    (didn't specify where)

Obviously different requirements depending on where you apply

• Like 2

Take the information you get here and just take a lot of photos. There is no penalty to bringing more than you need, it is easy to do and costs very little. I don’t understand why people try to do the absolute minimum and then complain when Immigration says you need something more. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Generally two photos inside the house with one of them done of you both in the bedroom ( I do one of us sitting on the bed). One showing the house number with both of you in it and one from the street showing the house.

I print mine with two 5 X 7 inch photos on one page (I print them on photo paper).

Inch?

Age is showing....

I have just done my annual marriage extension at Jomtien Immigration Office. For 9 years, the lovely, friendly, helpful, smiling officer wanted 3 photos.  Last year she decided (or was instructed) that she wanted 6 photos. We had to return home and take 3 more. This year I submitted 6 photos ( 3 to an A4 page - one outside the condo room door, the rest inside the condo including the bedroom).  This seemed to satisfy her, but having seen us each year, for 11 years now, she decided we still needed a home visit from her colleagues. They phoned us to make an appointment to visit our condo, duly arrived the following day, took some photos, demanded a witness, interviewed the witness, didn't speak to me, and left.  Now I do understand the need to check to confirm that marriages are genuine, etc, but informing people that you are coming to check on them, and making an appointment to do so, is obviously, IMHO, nonsensical. 

19 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Aah yes. American windows

I think all English language versions of Windows show them in inches. Inches is still a standard photo size worldwide as far as I know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I think all English language versions of Windows show them in inches. Inches is still a standard photo size world wide as far as I know.

Thanks Joe. I didn't know that. 

44 minutes ago, Muhendis said:
22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Inch?

Age is showing....

Ahhh, the metrics of youth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbudd said:

Please be aware that the self photos  (2 required) to be attached to application are to be taken in "proper attire"

Read that as suit and tie

Most photo shops can "photoshop" pictures to requirements

My experience last week

They also told me in Mae Sai that they only needed 2 pictures

One outside with house number and one inside the house    (didn't specify where)

Obviously different requirements depending on where you apply

No need for those photoshopped shots where they cut off your head and stick it on someone else’s body. Lol.

But same here. One outside with the number of the house, one on the sofa. I took a bedroom shot, not needed. Each photo in landscape, Both on the same sheet, under and over. 2 copies of each pic (on different sheets, obviously)

If the OP doesn’t fancy dropping by the local office before or his office is likely to change requirements, Print off two sets of 4 photos, but get a pics in every room, standing and sitting. Get the LINE of a local photo shop and if there is an issue, send the shop the photos and send the wife to pick up them up.

Edited by recom273

Colour or black & white, A6, A5, A4 of A-Thai - shows you the true colours and sizes of the dinosaurs sitting in these offices, inventing rules on the go and giving the rest of those "dirty farang" a hard time. Pathetic ......... 

For the past two years in Phuket, one photo together inside the house (the one I supplied both sitting at our dining table), one together outside the house with the house number showing.

Both photos printed in colour, portrait format, on normal photo copy paper.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I took your advice when i changed to marriage in jan , spot on ,

both the officers at Jomtien immigration and the officers that visited were smiling and polite, just sat at our dinning table and chatted ,our neighbour popped over and sat with them .

Edited by bert bloggs

In January this year we had a visit from a guy from Maesai immigration, to take a lot of pictures and interview our witness, it took ages as he was sending all his paperwork via his phone back to his boss, just to prove he was on the job I suppose, but he spent more time chatting up an attractive girl we had visiting us at the time.

My wife did ask why all the bother and he said we would be surprised at how many false claims of marriage do happen.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:01 AM, Malawi said:

Never supplied a bedroom shot in 15 years.

intrusive and not needed.

What the local immigration office requires, thats what's needed. A bedroom is just a room with a bed,nothing more. 

• Like 1