Drinking water dilemma.

racinkc1

Hello. I'v run into a drinking water dilemma. Iv had a bad rash for a while and its gotten better when I stopped drinking R/O water from the machines. R/O water is supposed to be bad for drinking. The bottled water Iv been buying is getting expensive and creating a lot of waste. Just want some ideas. image.png.d6188e3b272a86700ec6919b3d1126dc.png

Edited by racinkc1

A while back I read an article that criticised the machine water. The problem is the quality and timing of cleaning the machines. Are they being cleaned properly and regularly? Possibly not in difficult times.

Sorry but that is all I know.

• Like 1

You could boil it, let it cool, then refrigerate it? 

The only other suggestion I could make, is buy from a water delivery man, where you return the bottles for a refund. 

My Thai friend has one of these companies, and I was pleasantly impressed with how hygienic his setup was. 

3 filters and spotlessly clean. 

I buy my water from a different company, because of the distance involved, but if my local company is half as clean as this guy, then I'm happy. 

I have to say, that both deliver in an old clapped out pickup, that doesn't do the image of cleanliness any justice. 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 10:14 AM, Tropicalevo said:

A while back I read an article that criticised the machine water. The problem is the quality and timing of cleaning the machines. Are they being cleaned properly and regularly? Possibly not in difficult times.

Sorry but that is all I know.

I dont think thats the issue because the water taste fine from the machines. I think the R/O process robs it of minerals. 

On 6/2/2020 at 11:56 AM, Sheryl said:

Whete do you live and what is the source if your tap water?

Nothing wrong with RO water but those machines are best avoided as often unclean

Im in Chiang Mai but the apartment complex has its own tank, I think. Occasionally they clean it and black sludge comes out for a hour or so. 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:05 PM, NCC1701A said:

next time make sure you take a photo. your doctor will want to see it. 

do you have any digestive disorders? 

Iv had some major health problems lately with my skin, eczema, spots. My hair is falling out also. I have some food intolerances but I don't think they are causing it. For a while I thought it was a candida or a gut bacteria imbalance. Cut out a lot of fruit because the sugars feed the candida yeast. I cant figure it out. Maybe hot humid climate? Maybe Coronavirus? R/O Water? It's been a nightmare.... 

5 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Iv had some major health problems lately with my skin, eczema, spots. My hair is falling out also. I have some food intolerances but I don't think they are causing it. For a while I thought it was a candida or a gut bacteria imbalance. Cut out a lot of fruit because the sugars feed the candida yeast. I cant figure it out. Maybe hot humid climate? Maybe Coronavirus? R/O Water? It's been a nightmare.... 

Maybe worth starting a thread then you'll get better answers. This time of year with the humidity skin issues can get worse

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 10:02 AM, racinkc1 said:

Iv had a bad rash for a while and its gotten better when I stopped drinking R/O water from the machines.

This is probably coincidence, not causation.  Of course, you could start drinking the water again and see if the rash returns.  (But even if it does that might be psychosomatic.)

15 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Nothing to do with COVID. Also unlikely to be due to water you drink but could be a reaction to the water you bath in. Or soap or laundry detergent. Or just heat rash from the heat and humidity. Or stress. All of these can cause eczema.

Suggest you see a dermatologist for the rash.

But I would avoid water from those machines. You could fit a filter into your tap or else buy bottled  water or those large plastic jugs and fill smaller containers from it (can get dispensing cap at places like Home Pro).

RO water is indeed lacking in minerals but if you have a healthy diet should not matter as you'd get enough in your food 

On 6/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, Sheryl said:

Nothing to do with COVID. 

Suggest you see a dermatologist for the rash.

You could fit a filter into your tap or else buy bottled  water or those large plastic jugs and fill smaller containers from it (can get dispensing cap at places like Home Pro).

RO water is indeed lacking in minerals but if you have a healthy diet should not matter as you'd get enough in your food 

I realize it's not COVID. I was being facetious.

I highly doubt they will know the problem. I need blood work done. 

Even the bottled water is R/O. 

They don't even have a good multivitamin I can take around here. Only centrum which is garbage. 

Very frustrating. 

IMG_20200607_170828.jpg

18 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

I realize it's not COVID. I was being facetious.

I highly doubt they will know the problem. I need blood work done. 

Even the bottled water is R/O. 

They don't even have a good multivitamin I can take around here. Only centrum which is garbage. 

Very frustrating. 

IMG_20200607_170828.jpg

You can order vitamins from many places such as lazada or shoppee with lots of brands available. I buy mine via ebay form the UK - just the the total order to about USD90 and you are normally fine

48 minutes ago, eezergood said:

You can order vitamins from many places such as lazada or shoppee with lots of brands available. I buy mine via ebay form the UK - just the the total order to about USD90 and you are normally fine

you reckon thats an option when drinking water is too expensive?

• Thanks 1