"Stranded foreign tourists" first to brave the sea in Pattaya - no deckchairs in sight, few on the beach

webfact

"Stranded foreign tourists" first to brave the sea in Pattaya - no deckchairs in sight, few on the beach

4pmm.jpg

PPTV 36 reported that stranded foreign tourists were the first people to go for a swim in Pattaya after the beaches were opened in Chonburi for the first time in more than a month. 

There were few people on the beach, they said and no deckchair operators were in evidence. It was a lukewarm first day since lockdown. 

They interviewed the mayor of the resort Sontaya Khunpluem who said that no vendors had applied to set up business just yet. 

They would have to employ social distancing measures and other new regulations; he expressed satisfaction that the beach was clear and looking good. 

4pmm1.jpg

No mention was made in the PPTV report about the online pictures of filthy black water gushing into the sea near a Walking Street area pumping station a few days ago. 

Sontaya mentioned the beach will be closed for three consecutive days each month as part of the new rules.

Everyone is required to wear masks on the sands though they can take them off for swimming. 

Meanwhile a tractor plowed through the sands in the background.

Source: PPTV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-02

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, smedly said:

me too, people are generally in close contact with the sand, I'd rather not be laying in dog <deleted> and s h it - even if the latter is removed 

"dog <deleted> and s h it" is the least of your worries.  Governments world-wide and especially in Thailand know that SARS-Cov-2 breeds like rabbits in beach sand and stealthily awaits for foreign tourist to lies down to be infected.  And the Covid-beasties will inhabit the sand for the rest of eternity - always a threat to unwary tourist.  Not like dog doo which eventually turns into fertilizer and nourishes palm trees. 
Dog doo good; Sand-loving SARS-Cov-2 bad.

So!  We need "Rules!".  Lots and lots of rules.  And the government knows that Rule Loving Tourists will flock to Thailand by the millions by October and a New Normal Wealthy Thailand will live happily ever after! 
The End. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Tough?  Your dogs have a right to be on the beach?  Since when?  Do you clean the sand where your privileged dogs urinate or do you leave those areas for people (who actually do have a right to be on the beach) to lie in?

Ah, so beaches all over the world are just for people.  I didn't know that. It flies in the face of all logic and fact, but hey, don't let that stop you saying it.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Ah, so beaches all over the world are just for people.  I didn't know that. It flies in the face of all logic and fact, but hey, don't let that stop you saying it.   

You sir may be a responsible dog owner...please educate the 90% of others that do not care where their dogs defecate....:thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I forgot to add, I have never seen my dogs leave cigarette butts on a beach, or disguarded beer cans and bottles, or left over food.  I have yet to see them have drunken parties, or fight or fornicate on the beach.  I have never actually seen them peeing in the sea, or pumping raw sewage into it,  I have never seen them drop litter of any kind on a beach. I have seen plenty of 'people' do all those things.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dodgybros said:

Deck chairs and umbrella's on Jomtien Beach, next to cop shop

Yep i see deck chairs & parasols as i drove from Soi 19 Beach Rd all the way along to Pratamnack, no boats etc & noticed the beach is far & away better than in Pattaya... If smoking is prohibited on the beach i also think it would be a good idea if canines were too, its not every owner who cleans up after their mutt has took a dump