BANGKOK
webfact

"Stranded foreign tourists" first to brave the sea in Pattaya - no deckchairs in sight, few on the beach

42 minutes ago, smedly said:

me too, people are generally in close contact with the sand, I'd rather not be laying in dog <deleted> and s h it - even if the latter is removed 

"dog <deleted> and s h it" is the least of your worries.  Governments world-wide and especially in Thailand know that SARS-Cov-2 breeds like rabbits in beach sand and stealthily awaits for foreign tourist to lies down to be infected.  And the Covid-beasties will inhabit the sand for the rest of eternity - always a threat to unwary tourist.  Not like dog doo which eventually turns into fertilizer and nourishes palm trees. 
Dog doo good; Sand-loving SARS-Cov-2 bad.

So!  We need "Rules!".  Lots and lots of rules.  And the government knows that Rule Loving Tourists will flock to Thailand by the millions by October and a New Normal Wealthy Thailand will live happily ever after! 
The End. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, dodgybros said:

Deck chairs and umbrella's on Jomtien Beach, next to cop shop

There's a bunch on pattaya beach now too, and not very spaced apart.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Everyone is required to wear masks on the sands though they can take them off for swimming. 

What, take the masks off? Irresponsible, that will cause the second wave !

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Sontaya mentioned the beach will be closed for three consecutive days each month as part of the new rules.

And the logic of doing this is ?

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Lol.

That should go on the wall along with "Military Intelligence" and "Honest Politician".

Or "Trusted".

There's a fair number of people on the north end of Pattaya Beach this evening enjoying what has become a very nice, clean beach.  

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Tough?  Your dogs have a right to be on the beach?  Since when?  Do you clean the sand where your privileged dogs urinate or do you leave those areas for people (who actually do have a right to be on the beach) to lie in?

Ah, so beaches all over the world are just for people.  I didn't know that. It flies in the face of all logic and fact, but hey, don't let that stop you saying it.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Ah, so beaches all over the world are just for people.  I didn't know that. It flies in the face of all logic and fact, but hey, don't let that stop you saying it.   

You sir may be a responsible dog owner...please educate the 90% of others that do not care where their dogs defecate....:thumbsup:

Just now, petermik said:

You sir may be a responsible dog owner...please educate the 90% of others that do not care where their dogs defecate....:thumbsup:

We'll leave that to you. You appear to be very good at pontificating to others.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I forgot to add, I have never seen my dogs leave cigarette butts on a beach, or disguarded beer cans and bottles, or left over food.  I have yet to see them have drunken parties, or fight or fornicate on the beach.  I have never actually seen them peeing in the sea, or pumping raw sewage into it,  I have never seen them drop litter of any kind on a beach. I have seen plenty of 'people' do all those things.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

not my job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

not my job. 

No we've delegated that job to petermik. 555

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, dodgybros said:

Deck chairs and umbrella's on Jomtien Beach, next to cop shop

Yep i see deck chairs & parasols as i drove from Soi 19 Beach Rd all the way along to Pratamnack, no boats etc & noticed the beach is far & away better than in Pattaya... If smoking is prohibited on the beach i also think it would be a good idea if canines were too, its not every owner who cleans up after their mutt has took a dump