BANGKOK
webfact

"Stranded foreign tourists" first to brave the sea in Pattaya - no deckchairs in sight, few on the beach

19 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Tough. Properly restrained and picking up any poo they leave, they have as much right to enjoy the beach as you have, maybe more.   

Don't the Chinese ever go on the beach? :cheesy:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

How did they know that they were "stranded tourists" and not expats?

With some of the comments I see on here from the regulars my next statement may fall on deaf ears (plug with ear wax).

Hopefully only "stranded tourist" would not know about the "filthy black water gushing into the sea near a Walking Street area pumping station a few days ago." So it would be a logical deduction, but TIT.

Considering that one of the first people to apparently take advantage of the opened beach was a TV member (and a couple others reportedly were there as well) I'd say the story about the black water pouring into the sea was either ignored or not considered important enough to worry about.
Even for the ones who were they with their dogs.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Pilotman said:
21 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Tough?  Your dogs have a right to be on the beach?  Since when?  Do you clean the sand where your privileged dogs urinate or do you leave those areas for people (who actually do have a right to be on the beach) to lie in?

Ah, so beaches all over the world are just for people.  I didn't know that. It flies in the face of all logic and fact, but hey, don't let that stop you saying it.   

Obviously, people have the privilege over dogs who are taken there to defecate and urinate on areas intended for people to use.  You say that it is "a fact" that beaches are there for dogs.  Love to see how you back up that "logic".

How come you ignored this question I asked?..."Do you clean the sand where your privileged dogs urinate or do you leave those areas for people (who actually do have a right to be on the beach) to lie in?"

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Obviously, people have the privilege over dogs who are taken there to defecate and urinate on areas intended for people to use.  You say that it is "a fact" that beaches are there for dogs.  Love to see how you back up that "logic".

How come you ignored this question I asked?..."Do you clean the sand where your privileged dogs urinate or do you leave those areas for people (who actually do have a right to be on the beach) to lie in?"

I was on a filthy beach in Ban Chang that is a disgrace to the local community. Yes, I did remove poo, no I didn't remove pee, but I didn't see then do any and if I had it would hardly have added to the sum of the <deleted> hole we were walking on. I would not take them to a fully tourist beach, I am not that inconsiderate or stupid.  

• Like 1

Normally when a thread devolves down to a bickering contest that has little to do with the original topic, it gets closed.............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I was on a filthy beach in Ban Chang that is a disgrace to the local community. Yes, I did remove poo, no I didn't remove pee, but I didn't see then do any and if I had it would hardly have added to the sum of the <deleted> hole we were walking on. I would not take them to a fully tourist beach, I am not that inconsiderate or stupid.  

What has your assertion that it was a "filthy beach" got to do with it?  People, that includes children can still use it, can't they?  It would have been filthier after your dogs had been there.

"no I didn't remove pee"

Didn't think that you would do.  Sand that dogs have urinated is not ok for children to play in.

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Didn't think that you would do.  Sand that dogs have urinated is not ok for children to play in.

How about sand that Chinese tourists have urinated in?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

What has your assertion that it was a "filthy beach" got to do with it?  People, that includes children can still use it, can't they?  It would have been filthier after your dogs had been there.

"no I didn't remove pee"

There is no reasoning with some people. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Or pooped in....

On 6/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, Jane Dough said:

Hang on, you took your dogs for a run on the beach and you think that does not bother people.

It would bother me.

Rooster

and most likely doesn't pick up the s*** they deposit either..

31 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The dogs won't mind that.

• Haha 2

Survived Corona only to die of something in the sea. Pattaya beach should have warning signs to tell foreigners that the sea is polluted.