"Stranded foreign tourists" first to brave the sea in Pattaya - no deckchairs in sight, few on the beach

webfact

6 hours ago, Kerryd said:

But all the soi dogs that were apparently also there don't ?

I wouldn't be concerned about dogs on leashes so long as the owner(s) clean up after them. But packs of filthy, wild soi dogs ? I encounter some now and then when I'm out walking in the neighbourhood and more than a few have tried to take a nip at my Achilles only to beat a hasty retreat the moment I turn to face them. 

Of course I'm sure the ones on the beach are all clean, well behaved and "pottie trained". 

Nothing worse than walking on the beach and stepping in your dogs pee-pee.

Dogs like to mark their spots where ever they go.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

"dog <deleted> and s h it" is the least of your worries.  Governments world-wide and especially in Thailand know that SARS-Cov-2 breeds like rabbits in beach sand and stealthily awaits for foreign tourist to lies down to be infected.  And the Covid-beasties will inhabit the sand for the rest of eternity - always a threat to unwary tourist.  Not like dog doo which eventually turns into fertilizer and nourishes palm trees. 
Dog doo good; Sand-loving SARS-Cov-2 bad.

So!  We need "Rules!".  Lots and lots of rules.  And the government knows that Rule Loving Tourists will flock to Thailand by the millions by October and a New Normal Wealthy Thailand will live happily ever after! 
The End. 

Please volunteer and step on all the dog doo with your sandels.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Ah, so beaches all over the world are just for people.  I didn't know that. It flies in the face of all logic and fact, but hey, don't let that stop you saying it.   

10 beaches in a row where I live.

The smallest one can have dogs, provided you clean up the poop.

The rest have a $500 fine for letting your dog on the beach.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I forgot to add, I have never seen my dogs leave cigarette butts on a beach, or disguarded beer cans and bottles, or left over food.  I have yet to see them have drunken parties, or fight or fornicate on the beach.  I have never actually seen them peeing in the sea, or pumping raw sewage into it,  I have never seen them drop litter of any kind on a beach. I have seen plenty of 'people' do all those things.   

2 wrongs don't make a right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I thought Pattaya beach at sunset last night was looking as good as I've ever seen it, reasonable amount of people spread along it, loads on the promenade exercising or relaxing. The reduced traffic along beach road and the clear views without the associated air pollution just adds to the pleasant feel beach wise.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts before the inevitable Chinese invasion starts again. 

10 hours ago, champers said:

Agreed; pet owners need to train their animals to use only their own property as a toilet, not public spaces, be it beaches, parks or pavements.

Most pet owners don't want poop in their property and train their pets accordingly.

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I forgot to add, I have never seen my dogs leave cigarette butts on a beach, or disguarded beer cans and bottles, or left over food.  I have yet to see them have drunken parties, or fight or fornicate on the beach.  I have never actually seen them peeing in the sea, or pumping raw sewage into it,  I have never seen them drop litter of any kind on a beach. I have seen plenty of 'people' do all those things.   

If you haven't seen dogs fighting and fornicating on the beach you need to get out more. But I totally agree with the rest. People are the ones f@$king up the planet. Leave the animals alone.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

Hang on, you took your dogs for a run on the beach and you think that does not bother people.

It would bother me.

Rooster

I wish my neighbour would take his dogs for a run on the beach!

5 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

If you haven't seen dogs fighting and fornicating on the beach you need to get out more. But I totally agree with the rest. People are the ones f@$king up the planet. Leave the animals alone.

I was talking about domestic pets, not soi dogs, but I get your point. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Tough. Properly restrained and picking up any poo they leave, they have as much right to enjoy the beach as you have, maybe more.   

Don't the Chinese ever go on the beach? :cheesy:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

How did they know that they were "stranded tourists" and not expats?

With some of the comments I see on here from the regulars my next statement may fall on deaf ears (plug with ear wax).

Hopefully only "stranded tourist" would not know about the "filthy black water gushing into the sea near a Walking Street area pumping station a few days ago." So it would be a logical deduction, but TIT.

Considering that one of the first people to apparently take advantage of the opened beach was a TV member (and a couple others reportedly were there as well) I'd say the story about the black water pouring into the sea was either ignored or not considered important enough to worry about.
Even for the ones who were they with their dogs.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Pilotman said:
21 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Tough?  Your dogs have a right to be on the beach?  Since when?  Do you clean the sand where your privileged dogs urinate or do you leave those areas for people (who actually do have a right to be on the beach) to lie in?

Ah, so beaches all over the world are just for people.  I didn't know that. It flies in the face of all logic and fact, but hey, don't let that stop you saying it.   

Obviously, people have the privilege over dogs who are taken there to defecate and urinate on areas intended for people to use.  You say that it is "a fact" that beaches are there for dogs.  Love to see how you back up that "logic".

How come you ignored this question I asked?..."Do you clean the sand where your privileged dogs urinate or do you leave those areas for people (who actually do have a right to be on the beach) to lie in?"

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Obviously, people have the privilege over dogs who are taken there to defecate and urinate on areas intended for people to use.  You say that it is "a fact" that beaches are there for dogs.  Love to see how you back up that "logic".

How come you ignored this question I asked?..."Do you clean the sand where your privileged dogs urinate or do you leave those areas for people (who actually do have a right to be on the beach) to lie in?"

I was on a filthy beach in Ban Chang that is a disgrace to the local community. Yes, I did remove poo, no I didn't remove pee, but I didn't see then do any and if I had it would hardly have added to the sum of the <deleted> hole we were walking on. I would not take them to a fully tourist beach, I am not that inconsiderate or stupid.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I was on a filthy beach in Ban Chang that is a disgrace to the local community. Yes, I did remove poo, no I didn't remove pee, but I didn't see then do any and if I had it would hardly have added to the sum of the <deleted> hole we were walking on. I would not take them to a fully tourist beach, I am not that inconsiderate or stupid.  

What has your assertion that it was a "filthy beach" got to do with it?  People, that includes children can still use it, can't they?  It would have been filthier after your dogs had been there.

"no I didn't remove pee"

Didn't think that you would do.  Sand that dogs have urinated is not ok for children to play in.

3 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

What has your assertion that it was a "filthy beach" got to do with it?  People, that includes children can still use it, can't they?  It would have been filthier after your dogs had been there.

"no I didn't remove pee"

Didn't think that you would do.  Sand that dogs have urinated is not ok for children to play in.

There is no reasoning with some people. 

• Thanks 1