With no more flights to the US, THAI may not need to seek protection under Chapter 11

webfact

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course i get this, however as you now admit Thai was already not flying to the US as they failed tests. So it had absolutely nothing to do with this bankruptcy. They are not afraid of the US court they just can't fly there anyway.

You ever wonder why Thailand buys <deleted> from China and Ukraine?

Do a little research into the Armored Personnel Carriers they ordered from Ukraine?

Thailand is scared <deleted>less of getting busted for corruption and only deals with countries they can get away with it.

So the answer is yes they are damn scared of the US courts. If they didn't owe everyone and their brother, and ran an international airlines like a first world country, they wouldn't be in this mess.

You don't see Air Asia in the mess TG is in

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

You ever wonder why Thailand buys <deleted> from China and Ukraine?

Do a little research into the Armored Personnel Carriers they ordered from Ukraine?

Thailand is scared <deleted>less of getting busted for corruption and only deals with countries they can get away with it.

So the answer is yes they are damn scared of the US courts. If they didn't owe everyone and their brother, and ran an international airlines like a first world country, they wouldn't be in this mess.

You don't see Air Asia in the mess TG is in

You keep nagging about the US courts, but its not the reason. They don't fly USA for safety reasons. That is what you admit to yourself. So there is no reason to fear the US courts as they don't fly there anyway. The reason for not flying US is not the courts. Accept that and move on.

Yes of course they buy Chinese and other <deleted> from countries that are corrupt so they can get backhanders. The US would love to give them those backhanders but can't anymore. So they buy stuff where they can get away with it. Its normal. (and no I dont condone it)

Are not a lot of airlines in the world in different versions of the problems discussed above? And won't these factors mean that when it all shakes out flying will be more expensive than we were used to pre-Covid? And won't that mean less tourists, less budget tourists for sure, in the great destinations (like Venice or even Paris as examples)? And since I can afford somewhat more, I like.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, JCP108 said:

This also seems to indicate they aren't going to fly to the U.S. in the future, too. 

With flights only to California (or even New York), they're not really flying to the U.S. are they?

If they think companies in western countries are not going to try to get all of the money owed to them, I’m sure they are sadly mistaken-especially now!

Any court will give the ok to go after THAI with full force.

it seems they have the attitude that foreigners have more money, so they should let us keep ours.