Wearing mask with glasses

Tingtong2mut

On 6/2/2020 at 9:47 PM, Tingtong2mut said:

After a little more research it appears I did have this wrong. Masks are designed to protect the wearer.

I wish I could simply opt out and take my chances. Then there would be the argument if everybody thought like that and didn't wear masks the infection rate would increase.

No you were correct the first time.  N95 masks are designed to protect the wearer but all the other ones protect against dust and pollution.  The idea is that if you are infected and cough or sneeze, the large droplets will be contained by the mask. 

On 6/2/2020 at 9:53 PM, Malawi said:

A mask with glasses is impossible.

Glasses just fog up.

I now stay home and don't go anywhere until these stupid rules stop.

Not holding my breath with this junta.

But if you do hold your breath, you will not need a mask????

On 6/2/2020 at 10:35 AM, ianezy0 said:

I tend to ensure a snug fit around the nose. That is if you have the masks with the metal strip.

There is some demist wipes you could get in Australia thats stops the misting of your windscreen. I guess  that would work if you can buy that here.

Other than that, yep it’s a pain in the butt.

But the mask with the metal strip does help a lot.

That's the problem if the mask fits too tight. My daughter sent mask that sits comfortably on the bridge but allows enough room below the nostrils and a Co2 exhaust on the front of the mask free of the face. It was used during the bush fires in Sydney

Nurses say put a lil

Kleenex on top of ur nose under mask . Stop moisture I use a 95 , a fashion mask tin make tight and plastic shield ,  3 mask never fogs , underlying condition is reason 

Edited by Ireland32

On 6/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, Malawi said:

Glasses just fog up.

A mask and glasses are no problem. The mask needs to fit tight around your nose (just shape the metal wire accordingly. I see ppl with fogged up glasses and notice the mask is open around the nose. It also helps to direct your breath downwards when exhaling. I have no problem.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:52 AM, billd766 said:

I use an LCD screen cleaning kit. I don't actually have any LCD but it works great on my glasses twice a day and on the phone and the pc monitor screen as well

Small computer shops sometimes have it at around 125 thb.

Alternatively, try motorcycle shops for visor cleaner. Prevents misting inside the visor and is usually quite cheap.

• Like 1

With a mask compulsory I am restricting my going out to the absolute necessary minimum for shopping groceries. You can't hear your friends talking, have fogged glasses, don't see the facial expression that makes up your communication, and simply is uncomfortable. If any business wants my money they should welcome me without a mask and I want to see their smile.

As a surgeon sometimes performing difficult operations I  can confirm that face masks and glasses are not a good combination. You can treat your glasses with a substance that prevents condense, also I just tried to adapt my breathing and blowing out down. Good face masks have a metal strap to bend over the nose, sometimes we even used a piece of tape to close off the upper part. But it has been a life long struggle. 

On 6/2/2020 at 8:53 PM, Malawi said:

Glasses just fog up.

I wear the mask under my nose when im not in a crowded situation.sometimes i have to remove my glasses.fortunately,i can see reasonably ok.