Jump to content
BANGKOK
kd2000

Travel fro cm to Pataya and back

Recommended Posts

I need to flight from chiang mai to Pataya on Wednesday and back in few days.

 

Would like to know best transportation. I guess I need to flight to suvarnabum and take bus or taxi.

 

My ED visa (canceled) finished on April 15 and I'm informed from that time that no stamps are needed nor issued until 1st July.

 

Is there any restrictions for such trip.(quarantine m, some specific documents, blah blah)

What to expect?

Is there busses from suvarnabum to pataya?

Any other useful info appreciated.

 

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Air Asia flight direct to Pataya! Sorry was wrong currency lol price 1200 bth.

Edited by 2 is 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure they fly during covid?

 

Google clearly shows availability from 1 st July ONLY

Screenshot_2020_0602_123810.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kd2000 said:

Google clearly shows availability from 1 st July ONLY

Google is wrong, believe it or not.

Domestic flights have started since quite a while.

 

AirAsia flies CNX to UTP (U-Tapao) twice a day.

Thaismile flies CNX to BKK (Suv.) twice a day at hefty prices (from 1700 oneway).

(prices in general have almost doubled)

 

From U-Tapao it should be possible to catch a minivan.

Otherwise prepare to use a taxi.

 

Unsure about the coaches from Suv.

Bell Bus does not run.

To Jomtien? Website still says:

Quote

temporary hibernating our service from April 4, 2020

 

Quarantine at Pattaya would have made big news.

Can't tell about returning to Chiang Mai.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kd2000 said:

My ED visa (canceled) finished on April 15 and I'm informed from that time that no stamps are needed nor issued until 1st July.

The general immigration amnesty extends to July 31.

If you want to be sure about your ED visa open a separate thread in the Thai visas subforum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is AirAsia.com also wrong?😉

Try to select any date before 1st July CNX- Pataya and see there is no flights.

 

So, how do I buy the ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sorry, you are right!

 

They only fly to Don Mueang (DMK).

But for travel to Pattaya I suggest to use Thaismile to Suvarnabhumi (BKK).

Will come cheaper overall and quicker.

I think Viet jet air to suvarnabum would be more convenient.

Prices are 950-1400 depends how many days before you book it.

+ I guess more chance to get cheaper taxi or grab from there in case minivan is not available.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kd2000 said:

I think Viet jet air to suvarnabum would be more convenient.

Prices are 950-1400 depends how many days before you book it.

+ I guess more chance to get cheaper taxi or grab from there in case minivan is not available.

The bus to pattaya from swampy is only 120thb and drops you at the 24 supermarket in Jomtien. Can be found near the taxis at the airport. Goes every hour or it used to.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Google is wrong, believe it or not.

Domestic flights have started since quite a while.

 

AirAsia flies CNX to UTP (U-Tapao) twice a day.

Thaismile flies CNX to BKK (Suv.) twice a day at hefty prices (from 1700 oneway).

(prices in general have almost doubled)

 

From U-Tapao it should be possible to catch a minivan.

Otherwise prepare to use a taxi.

 

Unsure about the coaches from Suv.

Bell Bus does not run.

To Jomtien? Website still says:

 

Quarantine at Pattaya would have made big news.

Can't tell about returning to Chiang Mai.

There are currently no flights to UTP. Can see them on Airasia site, but try booking !!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Farangdanny said:

There are currently no flights to UTP. Can see them on Airasia site, but try booking !!!

As has been clarified four posts above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless the rules change in the next few days you're not returning to Chiang Mai without quarantine or 14-days self isolation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

The bus to pattaya from swampy is only 120thb and drops you at the 24 supermarket in Jomtien. Can be found near the taxis at the airport. Goes every hour or it used to.

And not running currently.

At least that is what a friend in Jomtien told me and the website still shows a "suspended" message.

Bell Bus to northern bus terminal not running for sure.

 

I am currently considering a trip to Pattaya and will end up with driving by car.

Two return drives to airport by car (total 400 km, ~600 Baht fuel), return flight to Suv. ~ 3200 Baht (have become expensive), taxi to Pattaya both ways about 2600 Baht. So round about 6400 Baht.

So I will jump in the car. No fun but worth the savings.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Air Asia is not flying CM route from UTP until July.

 

I recommend Viet Jet has 3 or 4 flights a day between Suvarnabumi and CM.

Not sure about the bus, I think it is still shut down from Suvarn. to Pattaya.

You can take a private car I pay 1000 b from Suvarn. to Pattaya.

Or, get to Ekkami bus station in Bangkok (if coming from CM) they have several buses a day to and from Pattaya.

 

To add, there are no checkpoints in Chonburi so no quarantine.

CM is a little tricky.  They are mostly observing a 30 day no cases rule.

So, if you were in Bangkok and went to CM, you may be subject to 14 day quarantine as BKK has had a case within the past 30 days.

If you take a direct route from Pattaya to Suvarnabumi, you should not be subject to the quarantine ( no local cases in CHonburi now for 30 days).

In any event, you will be stopped, questioned, requested to fill out forms at CM airport.

This is the info I got when I called CM airport: 053922000

But, who knows what they may decide when you get there so be ready for a possible quarantine as of today.

 

 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Unless the rules change in the next few days you're not returning to Chiang Mai without quarantine or 14-days self isolation. 

Can you sheed more light on it?

Will I be allowed to even board the plane? 

The only prove that I live here is a rental contract for a condo.

What does quarantine and self isolation technically means?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...