Travel fro cm to Pataya and back

kd2000

I need to flight from chiang mai to Pataya on Wednesday and back in few days.

Would like to know best transportation. I guess I need to flight to suvarnabum and take bus or taxi.

My ED visa (canceled) finished on April 15 and I'm informed from that time that no stamps are needed nor issued until 1st July.

Is there any restrictions for such trip.(quarantine m, some specific documents, blah blah)

What to expect?

Is there busses from suvarnabum to pataya?

Any other useful info appreciated.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, kd2000 said:

Google clearly shows availability from 1 st July ONLY

Google is wrong, believe it or not.

Domestic flights have started since quite a while.

AirAsia flies CNX to UTP (U-Tapao) twice a day.

Thaismile flies CNX to BKK (Suv.) twice a day at hefty prices (from 1700 oneway).

(prices in general have almost doubled)

From U-Tapao it should be possible to catch a minivan.

Otherwise prepare to use a taxi.

Unsure about the coaches from Suv.

Bell Bus does not run.

To Jomtien? Website still says:

temporary hibernating our service from April 4, 2020

Quarantine at Pattaya would have made big news.

Can't tell about returning to Chiang Mai.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, kd2000 said:

My ED visa (canceled) finished on April 15 and I'm informed from that time that no stamps are needed nor issued until 1st July.

The general immigration amnesty extends to July 31.

If you want to be sure about your ED visa open a separate thread in the Thai visas subforum.

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sorry, you are right!

They only fly to Don Mueang (DMK).

But for travel to Pattaya I suggest to use Thaismile to Suvarnabhumi (BKK).

Will come cheaper overall and quicker.

I think Viet jet air to suvarnabum would be more convenient.

Prices are 950-1400 depends how many days before you book it.

+ I guess more chance to get cheaper taxi or grab from there in case minivan is not available.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kd2000 said:

I think Viet jet air to suvarnabum would be more convenient.

Prices are 950-1400 depends how many days before you book it.

+ I guess more chance to get cheaper taxi or grab from there in case minivan is not available.

The bus to pattaya from swampy is only 120thb and drops you at the 24 supermarket in Jomtien. Can be found near the taxis at the airport. Goes every hour or it used to.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Google is wrong, believe it or not.

Domestic flights have started since quite a while.

AirAsia flies CNX to UTP (U-Tapao) twice a day.

Thaismile flies CNX to BKK (Suv.) twice a day at hefty prices (from 1700 oneway).

(prices in general have almost doubled)

From U-Tapao it should be possible to catch a minivan.

Otherwise prepare to use a taxi.

Unsure about the coaches from Suv.

Bell Bus does not run.

To Jomtien? Website still says:

Quarantine at Pattaya would have made big news.

Can't tell about returning to Chiang Mai.

There are currently no flights to UTP. Can see them on Airasia site, but try booking !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

The bus to pattaya from swampy is only 120thb and drops you at the 24 supermarket in Jomtien. Can be found near the taxis at the airport. Goes every hour or it used to.

And not running currently.

At least that is what a friend in Jomtien told me and the website still shows a "suspended" message.

Bell Bus to northern bus terminal not running for sure.

I am currently considering a trip to Pattaya and will end up with driving by car.

Two return drives to airport by car (total 400 km, ~600 Baht fuel), return flight to Suv. ~ 3200 Baht (have become expensive), taxi to Pattaya both ways about 2600 Baht. So round about 6400 Baht.

So I will jump in the car. No fun but worth the savings.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Air Asia is not flying CM route from UTP until July.

I recommend Viet Jet has 3 or 4 flights a day between Suvarnabumi and CM.

Not sure about the bus, I think it is still shut down from Suvarn. to Pattaya.

You can take a private car I pay 1000 b from Suvarn. to Pattaya.

Or, get to Ekkami bus station in Bangkok (if coming from CM) they have several buses a day to and from Pattaya.

To add, there are no checkpoints in Chonburi so no quarantine.

CM is a little tricky.  They are mostly observing a 30 day no cases rule.

So, if you were in Bangkok and went to CM, you may be subject to 14 day quarantine as BKK has had a case within the past 30 days.

If you take a direct route from Pattaya to Suvarnabumi, you should not be subject to the quarantine ( no local cases in CHonburi now for 30 days).

In any event, you will be stopped, questioned, requested to fill out forms at CM airport.

This is the info I got when I called CM airport: 053922000

But, who knows what they may decide when you get there so be ready for a possible quarantine as of today.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Unless the rules change in the next few days you're not returning to Chiang Mai without quarantine or 14-days self isolation. 

Can you sheed more light on it?

Will I be allowed to even board the plane? 

The only prove that I live here is a rental contract for a condo.

What does quarantine and self isolation technically means?

24 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

But, who knows what they may decide when you get there so be ready for a possible quarantine as of today

Thank you so much for checking.

What does quarantine means?

Staying at home and they will check it or some other facilities like shangrilla or something?????

24 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

. I think the self imposed quarantine coming back to CM is still in effect. 

Guys please explain what exactly self quarantine is going to be and all formal procedures ????

Edited by kd2000

26 minutes ago, kd2000 said:

Guys please explain what exactly self quarantine is going to be and all formal procedures ????

From what my daughter had to do when she came to stay home for 6 weeks. Down load application into her phone. She needed to check her temperature everyday and then submit the data to the application. As I understand the application will also monitor your movement if you have your phone with you. So she basically stayed home for 14 days and all the rest of us came and went as normal. Now they were supposed to send someone by the house to check up on her, but hey did not.

I think you also might need a Thai person to "sign" for you upon arrival at the airport back in CM. At least that was the case last month. Essentially they take responsibility for you and guarantee you'll do the home-quarantine, as far as I understand. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

From what my daughter had to do when she came to stay home for 6 weeks. Down load application into her phone. She needed to check her temperature everyday and then submit the data to the application. As I understand the application will also monitor your movement if you have your phone with you. So she basically stayed home for 14 days and all the rest of us came and went as normal. Now they were supposed to send someone by the house to check up on her, but hey did not.

Thanks for input.

Btw. I'm just back from the airport. Here is what they told me:

The app is called AOT Airports and is only for the purpose of tracking you on flights for security. For example if someone flying same plain would be found with covid they would know how to find you.

You can delete the app after coming back to chiang mai if you don't intend to fly again during covid.

The procedure attached below.

Another thing is that you have to fill form called CM1 when you arrive back to Chiang mai. I haven't found what purpose that serves and whether it coordinates somehow with the app.

IMG_20200603_134237.jpg

1 minute ago, dluek said:

I think you also might need a Thai person to "sign" for you upon arrival at the airport back in CM. At least that was the case last month. Essentially they take responsibility for you and guarantee you'll do the home-quarantine, as far as I understand. 

Do you have any copy of the form that you could share?

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And not running currently.

At least that is what a friend in Jomtien told me and the website still shows a "suspended" message.

Bell Bus to northern bus terminal not running for sure.

I am currently considering a trip to Pattaya and will end up with driving by car.

Two return drives to airport by car (total 400 km, ~600 Baht fuel), return flight to Suv. ~ 3200 Baht (have become expensive), taxi to Pattaya both ways about 2600 Baht. So round about 6400 Baht.

So I will jump in the car. No fun but worth the savings.

I drive down quite alot, I usually stop at Nakon Sawan for the night and travel to Pattaya on day 2. 2 x 5 hour drives. Decent enough roads and you can avoid Bangkok and come out on the motorway near Swampy. No hassle really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

I usually stop at Nakon Sawan for the night

A good idea when coming from Chiang Mai.

More than 800 km. That's quite straining.

For me it's 560 km. Well doable during daylight.

On 6/3/2020 at 2:54 PM, kd2000 said:

Thanks for input.

Btw. I'm just back from the airport. Here is what they told me:

The app is called AOT Airports and is only for the purpose of tracking you on flights for security. For example if someone flying same plain would be found with covid they would know how to find you.

You can delete the app after coming back to chiang mai if you don't intend to fly again during covid.

The procedure attached below.

Another thing is that you have to fill form called CM1 when you arrive back to Chiang mai. I haven't found what purpose that serves and whether it coordinates somehow with the app.

IMG_20200603_134237.jpg

Then they discontinued the self quarantine. She definitely had to check in every day and post her temp.