BANGKOK
pattayapip

Thailand City Navigator 2020 (Update Toyota Map)

Thailand city Navigator Maps have been getting Harder and harder to Find and Download

Found this on Lazada https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i327412195-s625866414.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Got it working Plug and Play straight into my 2015 (last of old Shape) Fortuner

Just unlocked all map images by dragging onto gimgun unlock (Google it) and added the PANA10SIG.PSI File outside the Garmin Folder
Working perfectly

You could also unlock the main gmappsupp image and replace your on your existing SD Card

Full Update for 750 Baht Well worthwhile

• Like 1

Why someone would still need those maps when you have ever updating google maps free of cost and available on all your devices?

On older cars without Apple car play and so without the need to connect your phone and mount it in an accessible safe and easily viewed place maybe ?

Or maybe just because they want to ?

For an older car, get a generic android audio system from any audio shops in thaiand, usually costing 10-15K all in, and you get a big touch screen android with google maps and all of your favorite apps.

That is not what this is about ......

but hey, just put your own spin on it and take over the thread ......

15 hours ago, pattayapip said:

That is not what this is about ......

but hey, just put your own spin on it and take over the thread ......

No offense, but I myself was a big user of Garmin nuvi devices during those early days of 2006-07 when google maps was just being born on the first iPhone and androids and was a joke. I kept using and buying these Garmin Devices for Thailand City Navigator maps until 2014. The Nuvi devices were all on rage during those years and practically every 3 months a new nuvi device would come out with pathetic features and prices. But from 2015, google maps data was first time actually on par with that year's thailand city navigator maps but more useful than nuvis due to having all those live traffic data etc. From then on, google maps have only gone strength to strength and left the Thailand City Navigators maps way behind in the dust IMHO.

I agree fully with the google maps being better, current and live

still plug my phone in via Bluetooth on some journeys for the audio

but really all I was doing was showing a cheap (sometimes you can download the maps free) way of updating your onboard (Toyota Fortuner and others) sat nav Thai map which is still useful on local journeys

without spending anything on a new full audio/Nav head unit

The new maps work fine still and have visual 3D junction/Lane maps

For sure eventually google maps on car via CarPlay or similar

but there have been a few topics on how to update these without the ridiculous price Toyota charge

• Like 1