500 Thais to be allowed to return home each day from Friday

webfact

500 Thais to be allowed to return home each day from Friday

By The Nation

800_f3e148f72ed43bd.jpg?v=1591078303

Kongcheep Tantawanich

The Defence Ministry aims to bring back more Thais stranded in other countries – from 400 a day to 500 from June 5.

Spokesman Lt-General Kongcheep Tantawanich said that at the moment 400 Thais return home a day via three to five flights to limit the spread of Covid-19.

However, the ministry aims to bring back home more Thai nationals as “responsible organisations have evaluated their capacity for disease control management”, he said.

They are now preparing locations to receive and quarantine more returnees – up to 500 a day from June 5.

This comes after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said he would like to see more stranded Thais brought back home, Kongcheep said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388935

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-02

13 hours ago, J Town said:

Has there been a single group returning that didn't have at least one Covid-19 positive person?

A very good question, but what I cannot understand is Thailand is reporting very few new cases but many suspects in the returnees, so are we to believe none of these "High Temperature" reading people do not have the virus..??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

A very good question, but what I cannot understand is Thailand is reporting very few new cases but many suspects in the returnees, so are we to believe none of these "High Temperature" reading people do not have the virus..??

I'M assuming they DO, and it's weighing heavily on my decision on whether or not to resume teaching in July. The little germ factories are bad enough without this additional danger.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J Town said:

I'M assuming they DO, and it's weighing heavily on my decision on whether or not to resume teaching in July. The little germ factories are bad enough without this additional danger.

Super slow Thailand..There are on the spot tests now. No need close any airport yawn yawn

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Defence Ministry aims to bring back more Thais stranded in other countries – from 400 a day to 500 from June 5.

Stranded? they had ample time to return in March-April 4.  Sounds like they were all just waiting for the tax payer (government) to foot the bill for a free ticket home.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Stranded? they had ample time to return in March-April 4.  Sounds like they were all just waiting for the tax payer (government) to foot the bill for a free ticket home.

• Like 2

Actually not the case... me and my Thai GF were “stuck” in Philippines. First flight home canceled because Malaysia closed boarders (March), booked her the next available flight flying directly into Thailand (April); and that flight  canceled when Thailand closed boarders. As soon as countries started closing, flight schedules were a mess almost impossible to get flights booked... She was able to take the second repatriation flight, Cebu to Bangkok. and now sitting in quarantine, that flight cost over 4-times normal cost $800+ USD. That didn’t count the hotel stay next to airport to make the flight time.There’s no free rides at least at that we could see. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

I believe the cost from Australia is 20000 BHT . payable by the user

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Seems like our Thai friends where done then ...they had to pay over 50.000thb for a Thai Repatriation flight back from New Zealand...but the Thai Embassy there did purchase their ticket, however they have to repay at 2000thb/month, no interest.

Are you sure that these returnees are getting free flights? Or are you just posting a guess.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

why do they come back ?  no more job illegal or not overthere ?

There are no fly's on you ... millions have lost their jobs all over the world so go back home if they can  

Edited by PFMills

12 hours ago, PFMills said:

There are no fly's on you ... millions have lost their jobs all over the world so go back home if they can  

And there visa are usually job-related, so expired. 

Edited by uhuh