8 policemen dismissed after allegedly demanding Bt40,000 from woman

webfact

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Heavens above.... What ever next policemen demanding money.... Shocking absolutely shocking.:cheesy:

If they sacked every policeman here who demanded money, there would be nobody left to police the country.

You write as if that would be a bad thing. Harsh treatment on the eight, who probably had no idea they were doing anything wrong ????????

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, ericthai said:

Sacked!! amazing, I thought that never happens in Thailand, I guess all the "inactive positions" must all be full!!!

There is always traffic lights that need to be operated.

• Like 2

All police shouldn’t be painted with the same brush. Yes it happens

some times. Twice in last 6 months I was stopped and given a ticket for expired road tax 500 baht in the small town nearest our village. 

Given the ticket and told to pay at police station before certain date. At police station it’s logged in a book and you’re given receipt.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

They all should be jailed and banned from any government employment forever. But this is Thailand. At least follow the lives of these corrupt police after they are retired as its almost certain many are likely to go on and continue acts of crime to get the lifestyle they want.

This is also a problem in the USA.

A cop gets sacked from the Dept , just moves to a smaller

city that is happy to find a guy they don't have to run through all the training before

turning him loose.

So he is right back to demanding favors instead of tickets or arrest.

When I was supervisor on a fire dept, I was advised to never answer request 

about recommending a fired fireman. If you can't prove violations by court 

documents, he could sue you and the dept over stating the reason of his firing.

Just say there was employment dispute and he left the department.

Leave it to him to complete the story any way he wants to.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Heavens above.... What ever next policemen demanding money.... Shocking absolutely shocking.:cheesy:

If they sacked every policeman here who demanded money, there would be nobody left to police the country.

One lives in hope.....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

So they weren't dismissed then?

Transferred so they can continue their extortion in another precinct? With some good training they can hopefully escape detection next time.

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Now THAT sounds like a viable plan :clap2:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Provincial chief police Tianchai Kama-Paso today (June 2) ordered all eight policemen who appeared in the video – a lieutenant-colonel, a captain, three lieutenants, a sub-lieutenant and two senior sergeants major – to be dismissed.

i  bet  it's  normal  practice.

On 6/2/2020 at 2:35 PM, colinneil said:

But crime would go down.

• Like 1

We would probably be better off without this lot policing the country

9 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Its all a misunderstanding with the woman now praising the police for their co-operation during said unfortunate misunderstanding.  Smiling photos to follow.

I knew it, poor cops blamed for everything .

On 6/2/2020 at 9:06 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Apparently, "dismissed" from their prior assignments... but not "dismissed" in the sense you or I or others might expect, meaning dismissed from their employment.

The latter only happens here in the rarest of instances, no matter how grievious the offense.

Probably only dismissed from the hearing!

• Haha 1

My wifes uncle had his house burglared but the moron who carried out the deed was seen flogging the stolen items.

He coughed up baht at the police station to ensure an arrest was made.

Not sure how much but I saw him counting out money on 2 occasion's

as I took him in because his car was being repaired.

Right Col and if they did sack every coper probably make no difference by the amount of work they actually do like keping the roads so safe

• Like 1

and we'd still have exactly the same amount of policing being carried out, viz. zero.

• Like 1

Nothing new to see here folks, just a normal day in Thialand.

Corruption runs to the highest level of government down to the average Joe in Thailand.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (Thailand) where are you?

Maybe the Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand (ACT), a private foundation could follw the case.

Thailand Land of $$$$$$