HONDA CT125 Launched Today 84,950 Baht

I like the looks. Funky. It is lower than the KLX 150 , and so will appeal to some but it has more style than function. Honda is just trading on the old CT name from years ago. They were a dual range transmission bike. Sadly Honda nowadays are just trading on past glories.

Ya I noticed that right away as well Papa Al quite a fatal flaw in other wise good little knock off.

6 hours ago, papa al said:

Looks like that exhaust pipe could get ripped off in rough terrain.

The price seems very high, but it does come with fuel injection, ABS, LED lighting, and legendary Honda Cub toughness. it seems they left out the dual-range transmission of the original CT90.

The Honda pipe is tucked-in just fine, compared to the Ryuka copy.

CTS_00050_Normal__Shot_11_copy415x235px.jpg.1f0e1692d983a0ebb1255637dc3c63a6.jpgCTS_00169_Normal__Shot_13_copy415x235px.jpg.727d2e7f1873e4bf71d742f7a504c86b.jpg

Edited by Issanman
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, johng said:

How much is 4 ten thousand 6   in "proper" money   ?????

No idea to be honest, could be 46k baht,  this is in Thai and translated by Google.  I find it more and more difficult to use Thai Google translation,  it seem to get worse and not better, I think it's the Thai slang that they use. Some official and formal texts are translated quite well... ! 

23 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

So that Honda CT125 costs exactly the same as what I payed for my full-option new PCX two years ago.  That's crazy!

Why is that crazy? It's not like a "full-option" PCX comes with any technical marvels. This bike though comes with ABS ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Looks like it's designed to carry boxes or stuff on the back.

Maybe popular with market vendors or the Grab Food guys.

Why would food vendor go for a retro 85000 Baht bike? I they will go with cheapest/most reliable option on the market.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Agusts said:

No idea to be honest, could be 46k baht,  this is in Thai and translated by Google.  I find it more and more difficult to use Thai Google translation,  it seem to get worse and not better, I think it's the Thai slang that they use. Some official and formal texts are translated quite well... ! 

Its 46K , although i also saw a price of 48K. Ive just had confirmation of the real price of the Honda version. Hope you are sitting down. 95,900 Baht for the red one and 108,900 Baht for the kaki one. Yes , they look the same bike to me , so who knows why ity 108,900. These prices are crazy. A bike that would have sold as a fun/funky  town/shopping bike is now off everyones list. I have no idea whats going on at Honda nowadays.

3 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Why would food vendor go for a retro 85000 Baht bike? I they will go with cheapest/most reliable option on the market.

If it was priced right , at about 70K they would have sold to vendors as a delivery bike. Looks well designed and suited for this use. Now the price seems to be between 96K and 109K. Go figure.

Honda continues with their "Cub House" small cc bike marketing strategy. So far, I think it failed. The extremely overpriced Monkey didn't sell at all. I see none on the streets, really none at all. The Supercub? Very very rarely. And those Cub House showrooms? Empty whenever I looked into one. Honda is trying with this strategy to become more of a fashion and style brand. But that's not what Honda as a brand means to most. It means well priced, well built and reliable vehicles with huge dealer network and easy to get parts.

I wonder how long they will pursue this path or if it'll actually work at some point. Maybe all these bikes are just failing because they are single seaters? They make them look like utilitarian bikes but why not include at least an easily attachable pillion seat? Ah, I don't get it...

• Like 2