Worm-like substance found in eggs are actually “tissues spoiled by bacteria”

webfact

Worm-like substance found in eggs are actually “tissues spoiled by bacteria”

By The Nation

800_971c75115656f0e.jpg?v=1591077285

A weird worm-like substance that emanated from eggs in Chonburi was not any kind of parasite but tissues that were spoiled by bacteria.

Rangsiya Sara-uppatham, a 34-year-old Chon Buri resident, on May 31 posted photos of the eggs that were bought from a Tesco Lotus store and which turned into something that looked like worms when being boiled.

A day later, Tesco Lotus and the Department of Disease Control took the eggs for a lab test.

Dr Taweesak Songserm, from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at Kasetsart University, said worms cannot normally enter eggs due to their hard shells.

The strange texture was caused by the high quantity of bacteria that changed the property of the eggs and resulted in a worm-like appearance, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388933

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-02

''Roundworms are the most common type of worm to infest a chicken. ... Very occasionally in severe cases, a worm can migrate to the hens' oviduct and a worm will be found inside an egg

Typically you can't get chicken tapeworms from eggs of hens with a slight infestation of tapeworms. If the infestation is severe you may get worms in the egg''

I guess the veterinary expert is unaware how the shell is formed. 
https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/science-questions/question231.htm

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Taweesak Songserm, from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at Kasetsart University, said worms cannot normally enter eggs due to their hard shells

Maybe the worm entered the egg while it was developing insid the chicken, before the hard outer shell formed?

19 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Too much to ask which bacteria it was.

Another in  a series of The Nation articles that spends 5 paragraphs to tell you absolutely nothing clear, useful or meaningful about its supposed topic?

Tissues inside the eggs?  High levels of bacteria?  And so, why?  how?  And what happens with the apparently rotten eggs?

42 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Another in  a series of The Nation articles that spends 5 paragraphs to tell you absolutely nothing clear, useful or meaningful about its supposed topic?

Tissues inside the eggs?  High levels of bacteria?  And so, why?  how?  And what happens with the apparently rotten eggs?

given  away  free  in  fanfare  like  the  tablets,  yummy.

when I was a kid we bought 100 chicks evert year, we sold fryers and eggs.

I have cooked and eaten eggs all my life.

Never until I moved here have I seen so many disgusting eggs.

Anywhere from 25% up of eggs I buy have disgusting things floating inside.

I usually buy from the big stores and put them in frig as soon as home.

maybe it is heat stress on the chickens, but something makes them lay eggs with 

little black and brown stuff inside.

I toss the egg that has it, just can't eat that.

I hate eating eggs out because i know Thai cooks don't look at the eggs

after opening them.

22 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

when I was a kid we bought 100 chicks evert year, we sold fryers and eggs.

I have cooked and eaten eggs all my life.

Never until I moved here have I seen so many disgusting eggs.

Anywhere from 25% up of eggs I buy have disgusting things floating inside.

I usually buy from the big stores and put them in frig as soon as home.

maybe it is heat stress on the chickens, but something makes them lay eggs with 

little black and brown stuff inside.

I toss the egg that has it, just can't eat that.

I hate eating eggs out because i know Thai cooks don't look at the eggs

after opening them.

I eat duck eggs from free range ducks that have acres (Rais) of space and water to swim in. Not from a supermarket but from farmer to local market.The shells are harder and the eggs are much tastier. 

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I eat duck eggs from free range ducks that have acres (Rais) of space and water to swim in. Not from a supermarket but from farmer to local market.The shells are harder and the eggs are much tastier. 

I used to have free range ducks and chickens at our last place. The eggs were fantastic. 

Moved home and dont have the space now. Buying eggs from the supermarket they are very low quality, thin and runny, faded coloured yolks, thin shells...

I find eggs in the bags from local walking street (not fixed every day) markets are usually better.

Also I really miss my ducks and chickens...they were pets too. 

• Like 1