Cheapest way to send money to Thailand

my wife and I both live in the UK now but she has some land she is still buying and has to send money back to Thailand to pay for it, does anyone know the cheapest way to send it without expensive fees? Sorry if its been asked before couldnt find it on my phone

Edited by stevefloyd

Transferwise has a sliding scale of fees, so for a large amount it may not be the cheapest. First step is obviously to check how much your bank would charge, they often have a fixed fee. You can work out Transferwise’s costs online, so compare them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, stevefloyd said:

cheapest way to send it without expensive fees?

Transferwise as others have said, a great rate too, always use them and the money is in your Thai account within 24 hours unless you send it on a Friday.

The above said, I am looking at sending money from my Thai bank to an account in Australia, does anyone know if it possible through transferwise, or other ?

18 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Transferwise has a sliding scale of fees, so for a large amount it may not be the cheapest.

But with most currencies the advantageous exchange rate still out-weights the rising cost of the transfer. I certainly find Transferwise the cheapest, easiest and quickest option.

Transferwise also give you the exact amount that will arrive in your account, excellent if you need to transfer an exact amount. Problems I've had with bank to bank SWIFT transfers are 3rd party charges from intermediary banks which come out of no where, plus the uncertainty of the prevailing exchange rate when your money actually arrives.

But as pointed out above, always do the maths. 

Edited by Stocky