Online 90 days notification not approved

This morning I did smoothly a 90 days notification online. I did the notification to be sure later not get any problems.At 5.00 pm I got a call from immigration that I not needed to do a notification. Shortly after I got a mail that my notification was not approved.

Current I am in thailand with a NON IMM O multiple valid until december 2020. The period granted to stay was 90 days ending on 14 June. (will be extended until 31 July by the amnesty rule I think).

This week I will apply for a 1 year retirement visa at Kapchoeng.

The phone call was correct. The entry date and your permit to stay dates showed that you would not be staying longer than 90 days.

Your first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the day you apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The phone call was correct. The entry date and your permit to stay dates showed that you would not be staying longer than 90 days.

You first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the day you apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirment.

The fact that I stay then the first time almost 180 days in Thailaqnd without notification, seems not to be a problem as you told. Also read somewhere that you adviced someone to apply for a 1 year extension before the original dat of being allowed to stay in thailand is better then apply in the "amnesty" period; I will do that.

5 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

The fact that I stay then the first time almost 180 days in Thailaqnd without notification, seems not to be a problem as you told.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days. You have not stayed that long without leaving and re-entering the country.

8 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

Also read somewhere that you adviced someone to apply for a 1 year extension before the original dat of being allowed to stay in thailand is better then apply in the "amnesty" period; I will do that.

That is correct. It is not clear that immigration will consider the "automatic extension" as a extension of your original non-o visa entry.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days. You have not stayed that long without leaving and re-entering the country.

That is correct. It is not clear that immigration will consider the "automatic extension" as a extension of your original non-o visa entry.

The last time I entered Thailand was on 17 march 2020. 14 june will be 90 days staying inside Thailand and 90 days after applying for a retirement visa this week will be about 180 days staying in Thailand without leaving and re-entering I think. What I think wrong?? I hope this is not a problem..

5 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

The last time I entered Thailand was on 17 march 2020. 14 june will be 90 days staying inside Thailand and 90 days after applying for a retirement visa this week will be about 180 days staying in Thailand without leaving and re-entering I think.

As I wrote before your first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the day you apply for the one year extension. The first extension application is considered as equal to doing a 90 day report.

58 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

it's always 89 days for me, and then that next due day more often than not falls on a Sunday, so I lose 2 days.

The day you do a 90 day report is day 1 of the 90 days.

You can do your 90 day report up to 7 days after the day your report is due (including that day). If is due on Sunday you can do it on Monday,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uncleP said:

I got a fine at CW last year as the application did not count as a 90 day notification.

That was probably due to it not being your first extension of stay application. Only the first extension is considered as doing a 90 day report.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

it's always 89 days for me, and then that next due day more often than not falls on a Sunday, so I lose 2 days.

You can slip it 7 days I believe if you go to the IO. No penalty for doing so.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct.

So I don't need to report 90 days until the end of July. 

But as a paranoid schizo, May I do so now, as normal, so that 

1. They will not shaft me for 500 baht a day overstay, or anything,

2. I don't have to queue with 20,000 other expats to do it on 1st August,

BTW, I have successfully downloaded and registered on the online app. I tried it out, and it correctly would not allow me to notify, as I had an exit/entry via Mae Sai since the previous notification. Now it is legitimately due apart from wuflu concessions, it won't even let me log in!

8 minutes ago, Grusa said:

But as a paranoid schizo, May I do so now, as normal, so that 

1. They will not shaft me for 500 baht a day overstay, or anything,

2. I don't have to queue with 20,000 other expats to do it on 1st August,

1. Not doing a 90 day report is not a overstay ever. It is a fixed 2000 baht fine. You do not have to worry about being fined since it is  clearly written in the ministerial notice that that they are not be required until after July 31st.

2. Immigration will announce when the reports will be due. They certainly will not want everybody trying to their reports on the same day. I think it will be done by the month your last report was due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2020 at 5:44 PM, OneeyedJohn said:

I think the 90 days count works exactly the same for you as for everyone else. And how do you "lose" 2 days? The Due date is not very important unless you do the report online.

41 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Now it is legitimately due apart from wuflu concessions, it won't even let me log in!

The app has been down for a couple of days now.  Website looks to be OK though, but I can't get past the first page which seems a regular occurence, so not sure if linked to the app problems.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

Went to Jomtien IO yesterday for 90 day. In and out in less than 2 minutes.

The in and out is not the issue, it's how far you live from your local IO and whether you can combine a visit with some other business.

My local IO is in SiSaKet where I never have to be for any reason, and that's +70 km one-way from where I live.  So being able to do my TM30 notifications and 90-day reports on-line, is very convenient for me and I would dread having to make the journey each time.