Did Penang Stop Issuing ME Non-Imm O (Family)?

Not withstanding current Covid situation - just planning ahead a little here - does anyone know if Penang stopped issuing ME Non-IMM O (family) visas since start of the year?  I found a report from January that impl.ied still issuing, but their visa application form no longer lists ME price , only SE price (300MYR). 

They now also mention that extensions are available when you enter Thailand, but that is not universally true, as in my case where I don't reside at same home or region as my child. 

image.png.a74d231ebd86fbc4f6f7cb38c5f78806.png

Link to form from their website: http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/filemanager/บริการสำหรับคนไทย/NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (O) FOR DEPENDANT.pdf

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mserror said:

They would not give me a ME based on marriage in February. Gave me an SE and told me to apply for an extension in Thailand. Not what I wanted, a wasted trip for me.

What was the reason for not providing you with the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O marriage Visa, and only wanting to issue you a 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O marriage Visa?

Afaik the requirements for both Visa are exactly the same, the only difference being the higher Visa fee for the 1-year ME-one.

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Afaik the requirements for both Visa are exactly the same, the only difference being the higher Visa fee for the 1-year ME-one.

Financial proof is needed in Penang.

They are also known for only issuing a single entry visa the first time and then a multiple entry visa after that.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are also known for only issuing a single entry visa the first time and then a multiple entry visa after that.

Hi @ubonjoe > Does the thai consulate in Penang also follows this practice of first issuing a 90-day SE Visa before you are eligibe for the 1-year ME Visa, when you apply for the Non Imm O retirement Visa there?

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi @ubonjoe > Does the thai consulate in Penang also follows this practice of first issuing a 90-day SE Visa before you are eligibe for the 1-year ME Visa, when you apply for the Non Imm O retirement Visa there?

Not that I am aware of.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

How's that work Thai Bankbook, Obviusly cannot obtain a letter that day from a Thai bank or money in a UK or Australian Bank  statement suffice?

2 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

How's that work Thai Bankbook, Obviusly cannot obtain a letter that day from a Thai bank or money in a UK or Australian Bank  statement suffice?

Foreign bank-statements are accepted in Consulates abroad.  I believe others have reported success with Thai statements also.  The "same day" statement is a silly local immigration trick (among others) to discourage applying w/o agent "help."

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, mserror said:

They would not give me a ME based on marriage in February. Gave me an SE and told me to apply for an extension in Thailand. Not what I wanted, a wasted trip for me.

Were you able to provide financial proof to the tune of 400,000 baht? It has been true for a long time that Penang would only issue Non O visas when the application included financial proof.

11 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

They will accept a Thai bank book. All you need to do is update before you start your trip to there. No letter needed.

They will also accept a bank statement from a foreign bank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1