Jump to content
BANGKOK
DJ54

Udon Thani bar street will any survive virus closure

Recommended Posts

On 6/4/2020 at 1:04 PM, Kadilo said:

It has been on its last legs for a while. 
 

The only bar/ restaurant that will continue to grow is the Brickhouse as it’s well run, does good food, foreign and Thai and sells a variety of beers so attracts all. 
 

The Sports Bar has had its day. Virtually empty most of the time and only the hardened bar stool Billy’s remain. 
 

The “Fun Bar” has a few Younger ladies working there so attracts a few mongers so may survive but overall I think the street as a drinking bar area will be dead. 

I had a mate go in there he spoke Thai the girls moved away from him , they want newbies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was so nice and quiet with Tawan  Dang shut down , back to heavy Base 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used to play chess in the Bookhouse. I heard it moved north to the top of Nong Bua area. And Chern Chim! Is that still on the go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

We used to play chess in the Bookhouse. I heard it moved north to the top of Nong Bua area. And Chern Chim! Is that still on the go?

Both long gone! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CGW said:

Both long gone! 

Really!!

 

Shocked to say the least. The Bookhouse had loads of customers. When we played chess there on a Saturday the boss had to bring out extra chairs,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Really!!

Shocked to say the least. The Bookhouse had loads of customers. When we played chess there on a Saturday the boss had to bring out extra chairs,

Must be going on for five years since they closed, then relocated then disappeared, custom went down and rent went up - or something along those lines!

Chern Chim was sold, lasted a year or two then closed down, they stocked a lot of good hard to get products, still nowhere as good here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Must be going on for five years since they closed, then relocated then disappeared, custom went down and rent went up - or something along those lines!

Chern Chim was sold, lasted a year or two then closed down, they stocked a lot of good hard to get products, still nowhere as good here.

I stopped playing chess at the Bookhouse because I took the Mrs, a couple of times, and she was not keen on all the Lao ladies that were eager to learn the game. Thought they were up to no good; hidden motives and the like. She would give me grief. Just not worth the agro'.

 

Too far to travel also. 70k for me. I miss those days though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I stopped playing chess at the Bookhouse because I took the Mrs, a couple of times, and she was not keen on all the Lao ladies that were eager to learn the game. Thought they were up to no good; hidden motives and the like. She would give me grief. Just not worth the agro'.

 

Too far to travel also. 70k for me. I miss those days though.

Do you do everything your wife tells you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CGW said:

...

Chern Chim was sold, lasted a year or two then closed down, they stocked a lot of good hard to get products, still nowhere as good here.

You don't rate Cheese 2 Meet You then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NanLaew said:

You don't rate Cheese 2 Meet You then?

Not as highly as CC, CC meat was excellent quality - it was also - admittedly - a lot more expensive than C2M - but you get what you pay for, in fairness C2M seems to be improving stock etc as time goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 1:25 AM, SunsetT said:

At New Year and the week or 2 afterwards, one of the 3 times annually that I stay in Udon, there seemed to be more farangs around, and not just in Soi Sampan (Bar Street?), than there have been for a couple of years. But what the future holds is anyone's guess!

How’s the Irish Clock going, I think it would survive, as to soi faluung some bars might close and reopen later with new tenants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 1:04 PM, owl sees all said:

We used to play chess in the Bookhouse. I heard it moved north to the top of Nong Bua area. And Chern Chim! Is that still on the go?

I think the Bookhouse is now closed Owl. It looked like it last time I visited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 9:57 PM, kiwikeith said:

How’s the Irish Clock going, I think it would survive, as to soi faluung some bars might close and reopen later with new tenants 

Still going,  ew owner I believe. Looks dead most of the time. A lot of their customers now eat opposite at the Brickhouse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 12:39 PM, Ireland32 said:

I had a mate go in there he spoke Thai the girls moved away from him , they want newbies 

Where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 10:21 AM, peleid said:

For me I can't see the problem (but that is JMHO) of sitting in the bar buy a girl a drink and having a chat and say good night afterwards

Who said it was a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...