BANGKOK
snoop1130

Police refuse to take on case of attack on Alzheimer’s patient

Police refuse to take on case of attack on Alzheimer’s patient

By The Nation

800_1688589622e791a.jpeg

The owner of Facebook page “E.Kimmm” posted on Tuesday (June 2) that her father, a 78-year-old Alzheimer’s patient, was attacked by her neighbours because he mistakenly walked into the wrong house.

The incident took place on May 27 in Trat province. 

According to the Facebook post, the neighbour, a member of the city council, got so infuriated by her father that he attacked the old man with a knife, leaving him with several wounds.

The daughter said that she reported the incident to police, but was told that the victim had to file the complaint in person. 

Netizens, meanwhile, have responded by saying that all Alzheimer’s patients should be constantly monitored and wanted to know more details of the case so they can offer solutions. 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388953

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-02

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Probably worried he won't be able to remember what happened when he is called to court to testify.

A very sad situation that is not uncommon in the world. There is an inherent fear in people who are  presented with that which they have no knowledge or understanding of. Too often reinforced  by superstitions  ingrained from birth which defies any desire to consider anything else.

And that includes the cultist Evangelicals in cultures and societies that  proclaim superior education !

Now let's see if anyone in the chain of higher police command has the balls to act in the manner of the Minneapolis police chief with regard to the decision-making of subordinates.

We all know the likely outcome to that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

care in the community Thai style.

How nice you are mister.  :bah:

Edited by quake

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, bodga said:

I  once got  out of the elevator on the wrong floor  in our condo  block and  walked right into a room of Thai ladies who had  the door slightly open, none of us said a word, they didnt even  look  up I left pronto felt a right Charlie

I've done the same...tried to key a door on the floor just above mine of a room in the same exact location ...at 2 AM....luckily nobody home and I assume the security guys were sleeping instead of watching the cameras as nothing was ever said to me. NOt hard to do....someone did the same to my room a few months later....common in multifloor cookie cutter buildings...

Edited by tonray

Typical Royal Thai Police ( Your uncaring Police Force ) reaction, no money to be made, report in person, next time I see someone killed, there will not be a Police investigation as the VICTIM will be unable to make a complaint in person . 

• Like 1