Police refuse to take on case of attack on Alzheimer’s patient

snoop1130

Police refuse to take on case of attack on Alzheimer’s patient

By The Nation

800_1688589622e791a.jpeg

The owner of Facebook page “E.Kimmm” posted on Tuesday (June 2) that her father, a 78-year-old Alzheimer’s patient, was attacked by her neighbours because he mistakenly walked into the wrong house.

The incident took place on May 27 in Trat province. 

According to the Facebook post, the neighbour, a member of the city council, got so infuriated by her father that he attacked the old man with a knife, leaving him with several wounds.

The daughter said that she reported the incident to police, but was told that the victim had to file the complaint in person. 

Netizens, meanwhile, have responded by saying that all Alzheimer’s patients should be constantly monitored and wanted to know more details of the case so they can offer solutions. 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388953

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-02

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

A very sad situation that is not uncommon in the world. There is an inherent fear in people who are  presented with that which they have no knowledge or understanding of. Too often reinforced  by superstitions  ingrained from birth which defies any desire to consider anything else.

And that includes the cultist Evangelicals in cultures and societies that  proclaim superior education !

Now let's see if anyone in the chain of higher police command has the balls to act in the manner of the Minneapolis police chief with regard to the decision-making of subordinates.

We all know the likely outcome to that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bodga said:

I  once got  out of the elevator on the wrong floor  in our condo  block and  walked right into a room of Thai ladies who had  the door slightly open, none of us said a word, they didnt even  look  up I left pronto felt a right Charlie

I've done the same...tried to key a door on the floor just above mine of a room in the same exact location ...at 2 AM....luckily nobody home and I assume the security guys were sleeping instead of watching the cameras as nothing was ever said to me. NOt hard to do....someone did the same to my room a few months later....common in multifloor cookie cutter buildings...

Edited by tonray

Typical Royal Thai Police ( Your uncaring Police Force ) reaction, no money to be made, report in person, next time I see someone killed, there will not be a Police investigation as the VICTIM will be unable to make a complaint in person . 

• Like 1

My advice would be to see a top legal firm. I had a case where someone had done a large amount of computer related damage., and even after I had obtained concrete proof as to the identity of the perpetrator, the police after 3 months had done nothing. I went to Pattaya,s top law company, initials S.L., showed them what documentation I had, and IMMEDIATELY everything was resolved to my satisfaction. A down payment was required, but was well worth it.

• Thanks 1

One gets tired of commenting on the incompetence of law enforcement here.

A simple solution would be that as he was unable to report the incident in person would be to recognize that 

and go to visit him!!!

That is what a competent police force would do.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a member of the city council,

Disgusting behavior by this guy and as usual the Cops, both their offices are very close together in Trat. just saying. Justice for all? not in my life time. you can trust Thailand to do the wrong thing

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

One gets tired of commenting on the incompetence of law enforcement here.

A simple solution would be that as he was unable to report the incident in person would be to recognize that 

and go to visit him!!!

That is what a competent police force would do.

Problem being he would not remember what happened, poor guy.

On 6/2/2020 at 6:09 AM, snoop1130 said:

the neighbour, a member of the city council

Says it all as far as I am concerned.  The neighbour knew it was an old man with dementia, what a tool.

I'd have to assume next time the city council member gets to kill the old man. Same rules for children that come in his unlocked door?

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Like 1

Suspect insists Alzheimer’s patient ‘started it first’

By The Nation

800_d0eedb040b4ddde.jpg?v=1591172064

The Trat city council official who was accused of attacking a 78-year-old Alzheimer’s patient defended himself by saying the old man was wielding a knife and tried to attack his father first.

On June 2, the owner of the “E.Kimmm” Facebook page drew attention from Thai Netizens when she posted a message saying her father had been attacked by her neighbours because he mistaken walked into their house.

Reporters then visited the neighbourhood and interviewed the city council official, who insisted it was the old man who started the attack.

He said the Alzheimer’s patient had walked into his house with a knife and tried to attack his father who had been sleeping. He said he then tried to grab the knife from the attacker and ended up getting injured himself, adding that he too needed 14 stitches.

E.Kimmm later posted that her father and the neighbour had a long-standing conflict, but said she did not believe her father would have attacked them because he has walked into wrong houses several times before due to his illness.

Alzheimer’s is a progressive brain disorder that causes problems with memory, thinking, and behaviour.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389005

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-04

• Sad 1

Ok, might be true, but fairly sure it´s a lie in a bid to smooth things over. Seems to me that the young man on the pictura should be perfectly capable to get a knife away from an almost 80 year old man with alzheimers, without the need to hurt or stab him.

• Like 2

"He said the Alzheimer’s patient had walked into his house with a knife and tried to attack his father who had been sleeping."  Highly unlikely, but like everything in life you have to expect the unexpected from time to time.  If the old guy was prone to getting agitated and violent the daughter would know.  My dad suffered from Alzheimer's for several years before he passed.  Apparently cannabis oil is a good product to control dementia, and by association Alzheimer's.  More about that can be found on Youtube.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The daughter said that she reported the incident to police, but was told that the victim had to file the complaint in person. 

So it's ok to stab someone if they don't make a complaint. A logical extension is to kill them so they can't make a complaint. Utter nonsence to once again protect privilage.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 6:35 PM, rkidlad said:

I remember being in my apartment and hearing someone trying to put a key into the keyhole. At first I thought it was the missus, but it went on for about 10 seconds so I opened the door. There was this older lady who looked at me in shock and said sorry. I just assumed she got the wrong door. She was old. My first reaction upon seeing her wasn't to attack her. It was to ask if she was okay and help her find the right apartment. 

If you've never come across someone with Alzheimers, you'll know the person you're speaking to has it after about 3 seconds. You can just see something isn't right by the look in their eyes. It's a horrible disease that any decent person would recognise in some way and instinctively offer help.

Except a city councillor who is above everyone else and needs to remind people of their position in society.