Culture Ministry proposes holidays from July 4th to 9th for Songkran celebrations

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Wicked, be awesome if they can place it with an existing public holiday, that will be one less sick day I need to use to take the week off and 9 days lazing around on an Island sounds blissful after all this lockdown <deleted>.

"an existing public holiday"? 

It's one of the Buddha holidays when alcohol is banned,in this case 2 days in a row. Are people supposed to start celebrating Songkran Fri 3 and Sat 4, then hold up for 2 days and then start again Tuesday 6? 

Just forget about it for this year and offer an extended, super Songkran next year. It's simply no fun getting splashed in the rainy season anyways. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"an existing public holiday"? 

It's one of the Buddha holidays when alcohol is banned,in this case 2 days in a row. Are people supposed to start celebrating Songkran Fri 3 and Sat 4, then hold up for 2 days and then start again Tuesday 6? 

What ?

14 hours ago, Paiman said:

Most likely they are bored sh*tless in the Ministry of Culture and did some brainstorming. 

Kindergarten.

Suppose they had to announce something after sitting down and enjoying no doubt numerous free lunches, at their committee meetings.

Where did i put that sign "not for breeding purposes.."

The mind boggles...

5 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Nobody wants a holiday in July. 

They have just had three months of unpaid work. 

Listen to your people for once...

Or listen to the millions that did work through the Thai New Year and give them the holiday.

Songkran compensation holidays likely in July

By The Nation

800_7f4381aa9323dcf.jpg?v=1591156095

File Photo

The Cabinet will consider allowing a Songkran break in July this year, in lieu of April when it was cancelled, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, said on June 2.

The situation must be monitored after the lifting of lockdown measures in phase three. The Cabinet has enjoined all relevant parties to cooperate in preventing Covid-19, which will help with phase 4 relief in the future.

On June 4, there will be a meeting of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to discuss the delayed Songkran break.

Previously, there were discussions that the compensation holidays may be on July 6-7, along with Asarnha Bucha (the day before Buddhist Lent) and Vassa Day, which are on July 4-5. However, now there is a possibility of an extemded holidays from July 4 to July 9.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388986

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-03

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

So we've just had a 3 month holiday and the government wants to give us another 6 days? For Songkran? Perhaps we should be thinking about cancelling some of the current 21 or so public holidays we already have? The land of smiles I'd becoming the land of holidays. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, munchlet said:

So we've just had a 3 month holiday and the government wants to give us another 6 days? For Songkran? Perhaps we should be thinking about cancelling some of the current 21 or so public holidays we already have? The land of smiles I'd becoming the land of holidays. 

Your eyes painted on ?

There is no 6 days, they want to schedule the 3 Major National holiday days from April that were postponed.

7 minutes ago, Eibot said:

That's a good for my children schoolyear....<deleted>

1st July pupil free day, 2nd and 3rd songkran, 6th buddha day and 7th last songkran day... kids back to school on the 8th is less disruption.

don't know where you come from but in Aus it is not uncommon for the 1st day back to school to be pupil free day so why not do it here !!

1st july is a bit of a pain for parents that work though.

Edited by Don Mega

15 hours ago, couchpotato said:

So schools have been shut down for basically 3 months, then they open for 3 days and get shutdown again for another week. Plus many workers will be unpaid for this amazing holiday, after being on food handouts for 2-3 months.

Plus of course the hundreds that will die on the roads.. some of these politicans are absolute morons.

brain dead comes to mind....and I am sure many others think the same looking at my callendar....5,6,7 ARE HOLIDAYS ANYWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Your eyes painted on ?

There is no 6 days, they want to schedule the 3 Major National holiday days from April that were postponed.

WHY NOT KEEP THEM POSTPONED....wil not make much difference if NOT have this stupid so called holiday.....