Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Culture Ministry proposes holidays from July 4th to 9th for Songkran celebrations

Recommended Posts

Just now, fred110 said:

14 days in quarantine, the tourists will miss the fun.

Only for international visitors, domestic ones are being given vouchers for half price hotel visits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

You think with all the bars closed it will be a typical Songkran ?

Have you ever celebrated a Songkran outside of the big cities ?

Yes and yes, and I dont quite get your point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been proposed by Itthiphol Khunpluem, son of Kamnan Poh, Thailands most feared gangster. He is a former mayor of Pattaya and was a minister in Taksins government. His brothers are mayors of both Pattaya and Bang Saen. Very powerful family. I suspect he has his own/his family's agenda.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has the photo of bikes in Bangkok got to do with re-scheduling Songkran?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Why?????? Just Why!!!!!!! ???????

Because they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, newnative said:

     He was clueless as Pattaya's mayor and just as clueless now.  The last thing Thailand needs right now is scheduling more holidays right after two months of forced holidays.  Rich and clueless to what normal Thais are going through.  

2 months of forced holidays ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, newnative said:

     He was clueless as Pattaya's mayor and just as clueless now.  The last thing Thailand needs right now is scheduling more holidays right after two months of forced holidays.  Rich and clueless to what normal Thais are going through.  

Not that clueless. Made millions during his time as mayor. He and his family own large chunks of the entertainment industry in Pattaya, which has been leaking cash of late. He's trying to give a boost to tourism in Pattaya to recoup a bit of that cash.

 

He knows full well what normal Thais are going through, he just doesn't give a monkeys.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phil McCaverty said:

Not that clueless. Made millions during his time as mayor. He and his family own large chunks of the entertainment industry in Pattaya, which has been leaking cash of late. He's trying to give a boost to tourism in Pattaya to recoup a bit of that cash.

 

He knows full well what normal Thais are going through, he just doesn't give a monkeys.

How much of the entertainment industry will open to trade on the dates desired ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Mega said:

How much of the entertainment industry will open to trade on the dates desired ?

Its looking like all of it. Another thing Itthiphol is pushing for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hotchilli said:

People have just got back to work after closure of their businesses, some [thousands] are still waiting to get back to work.

Others are now wondering where to get a job as they were laid off after businesses folded.

People are wondering how to repay bills, clear debts accumulated over the last two months, others are worried about how to buy school uniforms or pay school fees.

This man is a complete idiot thinking Thais want a public holiday and feel like splashing water around.

They have this year much more important things to do!

From a financial standpoint why is July any different than say planning the days to happen in October ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Its looking like all of it. Another thing Itthiphol is pushing for.

Ahhh fair enough, I missed that part he was pushing the entertainment sector to re-open, I wonder how much of his interests rely on visiting foreigners cause there wont be many of them at the beginning of July unless his businesses are aimed at the Chinese and Indians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 There will be a lot more deaths  recorded during this festival, 

  than there were in the Covid / Pneumonia, panic era .

  

Edited by elliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...