Culture Ministry proposes holidays from July 4th to 9th for Songkran celebrations

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

brain dead comes to mind....and I am sure many others think the same looking at my callendar....5,6,7 ARE HOLIDAYS ANYWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is that brain dead? Doesn't it make sense to do it over a scheduled holiday period to keep days lost to a minimum?

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

WHY NOT KEEP THEM POSTPONED....wil not make much difference if NOT have this stupid so called holiday.....

Roll em over to next year and make the Thai New Year 6 National holidays.

Split them to 3 either side of the weekend so people only need to use up 4 sick days to have, nowt wrong with 16 day holiday !!

Songkran always = drinking, yet bars cannot open. It is safe to throw water over each other and frollick in the streets shoulder to shoulder but bars are health hazards. I think it is quite clear Thailand wants bars shut for as long as possible. They have always secretly hated the bars as they feel it brings shame on their nation. 

8 minutes ago, essox essox said:

brain dead comes to mind....and I am sure many others think the same looking at my callendar....5,6,7 ARE HOLIDAYS ANYWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats happening on the 7th to make it a holiday ?

Send the Culture minister to a mental institution as soon as possible.

Stupid propose, are thai people celebrating that they are out of jobs, have no money and no water in the reservoirs. 

• Like 1

Will they open International borders so that Americans ,Russians and of course the Chinese can come and celebrate, sounds good fun then when they have gone home we can all go back into lockdown and watch phase 2 appear which will totally destroy any hope there was of Los escaping from this health and financial disaster, think very carefully and forget any pressure to knee jerk to please a few.

1 hour ago, saintbangkok said:

Songkran always = drinking, yet bars cannot open. It is safe to throw water over each other and frollick in the streets shoulder to shoulder but bars are health hazards. I think it is quite clear Thailand wants bars shut for as long as possible. They have always secretly hated the bars as they feel it brings shame on their nation. 

What makes you think there will be water throwing allowed?

And you do realize we are well into the rainy season by July, not as much fun as with blue skies overhead if it were to be allowed.

On the plus side there won't be so many farangs here. They are the biggest idiots, louts one could imagine, taking their usually passive aggression to full on active aggression

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Great, I need a holiday. I hope the beaches are open. 

Beaches yes anything else NO

Most Thais just as they normally do will decide that it makes more sense to leave the kids in the country for that week and then start them at school on the following monday or when ever the holiday is over.  

Therefore just like normal people will travel home to the country a few will head to the islands like Koh Chang and Samed but i do not see this helping Pattaya or Bangkok 

As a matter of fact it will hurt Bangkok as most of the people leave the city and there is no tourism so you are not going to have any big water parties anywhere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

let's hope that they open the border to be able to escape before that $hit happens !

lock down for another week  

I don't think it will be the big thing that it is in the past people just do not have the time or tourists to make it that strange.

• Like 1

Moronic suggestion. and an even bigger moron whoever passes this ridiculous idea.

Let's lockdown the country then open it up for people to get sloshed out of their minds, drink driving, no social distancing, no masks, accident rates will go through the roof and a long holiday that people can't afford and have no money to pay for, immediately after the kids return to school.

Millions now unemployed, no social assistance but let's have Songkran in July in in lieu of April.

This ridiculous farce of a government needs to be gone. They just cannot grasp how to govern.

• Like 2

The common sense is just non - existent with these people. If, and I mean a big IF, they really have to reschedule this event then July would be a completely ridiculous and unsafe time to do it. The smart move would be to either cancel it (I don't see Western countries trying to reschedule Easter) or delay it until later this year. 

The virus hasn't fully be eradicated, the monsoon season is starting, there is still a need for social distancing, drinking establishments remain closed, restaurants can't operate like normal, people are gradually returning to work to earn money again, children will have just gone back to school on 1st July after four months off.

''I know, let's have a 6 day holiday for everyone.'' 

Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1

Culture Ministry proposes holidays from July 4th to 9th for Songkran celebrations

000_1SO044.jpg

Motorists stop at a traffic light road intersection in Bangkok on June 1, 2020. (Photo by Romeo GACAD / AFP)

So what on earth has the above photo and caption got to do with the post about Songkran?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Beaches yes anything else NO

Most Thais just as they normally do will decide that it makes more sense to leave the kids in the country for that week and then start them at school on the following monday or when ever the holiday is over.  

Therefore just like normal people will travel home to the country a few will head to the islands like Koh Chang and Samed but i do not see this helping Pattaya or Bangkok 

As a matter of fact it will hurt Bangkok as most of the people leave the city and there is no tourism so you are not going to have any big water parties anywhere.

Do you think girl swimming pools will be open next month? 

28 minutes ago, sambum said:

000_1SO044.jpg

Motorists stop at a traffic light road intersection in Bangkok on June 1, 2020. (Photo by Romeo GACAD / AFP)

So what on earth has the above photo and caption got to do with the post about Songkran?

fish.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This is pic of Bang Saen beach road just now (not taken by me). Public holiday yippi.

FB_IMG_1591173694305.jpg

There goes all pretense of social distancing once they hit the beach. Let's see if we get the traditional kneejerk crackdown.