BANGKOK
Nokkeaw

Embassy certificate, 100K insurance and quarantine still mandatory after July 1st?

3 minutes ago, Nokkeaw said:

insurance and quarantine

insurance hasn't been made mandatory and quarantine is a requirement now if returning to Thailand however this may be relaxed from July 1st so just wait for news and an announcement by the government, 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

insurance hasn't been made mandatory and quarantine is a requirement now if returning to Thailand however this may be relaxed from July 1st so just wait for news and an announcement by the government, 

@steven100 Where have you heard insurance isn’t mandatory ? 

Do you have a link please ?

Cheers 🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

@steven100 Where have you heard insurance isn’t mandatory ? 

Do you have a link please ?

Cheers 🙂

there is no link .... insurance isn't mandatory, only TV rumors.

unless you know different  ... ?

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, HerbyJFlash said:

I thought it was common knowledge now that in order to enter Thailand you need 100k medical insurance, fit to fly certificate from past 72 hours , the correct documents from relevant embassy and two week quarantine.

sorry herby, your info is incorrect. the quarantine is required.

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, Nokkeaw said:

I read that article already but what I wonder is if this rules will still apply after July 1st

You will require certificate from the embassy, USD 100,000 insurance, fit for fly certificate and mandatory quarantine at arrival, yes. The authorities have no reason to take any of it away

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The whole situation is fluid. They are likely to relax the requirements based on the person's travel history. If a person has spent more than the last 14 days in a "cured" country (like Thailand) makes no sense to quarantine them.

In fact, they are already talking of travel bubbles post-Emergency with safe Asian countries with an eye to tourism. They'll also obviously want to attract western tourists post-emergency. Europe's not cured but improved dramatically over the past month. I would guess stringent test certification will be the requirement. Ain't no tourist going to come only to be carted off to an isolation area. In fact, the luxury quarantine hotels have arrangements only till June 31.

So, if someone comes before 31/6 they'll probably have to go through the whole rigmarole. But the OP doesn't need to so he should wait for announcements nearer the end of the month.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1

Assuming this is covid19 specific insurance.....It's difficult for me to imagine that the USD 100k insurance policy will be required by all tourists for very long, very few people would come and tourism would never recover, I don't know where a person would by it anyway.

• Like 1