Embassy certificate, 100K insurance and quarantine still mandatory after July 1st?

Nokkeaw

3 minutes ago, Nokkeaw said:

insurance and quarantine

insurance hasn't been made mandatory and quarantine is a requirement now if returning to Thailand however this may be relaxed from July 1st so just wait for news and an announcement by the government, 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

insurance hasn't been made mandatory and quarantine is a requirement now if returning to Thailand however this may be relaxed from July 1st so just wait for news and an announcement by the government, 

@steven100 Where have you heard insurance isn’t mandatory ? 

Do you have a link please ?

Cheers ????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Cheers ????

there is no link .... insurance isn't mandatory, only TV rumors.

unless you know different  ... ?

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, HerbyJFlash said:

I thought it was common knowledge now that in order to enter Thailand you need 100k medical insurance, fit to fly certificate from past 72 hours , the correct documents from relevant embassy and two week quarantine.

sorry herby, your info is incorrect. the quarantine is required.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, Nokkeaw said:

I read that article already but what I wonder is if this rules will still apply after July 1st

You will require certificate from the embassy, USD 100,000 insurance, fit for fly certificate and mandatory quarantine at arrival, yes. The authorities have no reason to take any of it away

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The whole situation is fluid. They are likely to relax the requirements based on the person's travel history. If a person has spent more than the last 14 days in a "cured" country (like Thailand) makes no sense to quarantine them.

In fact, they are already talking of travel bubbles post-Emergency with safe Asian countries with an eye to tourism. They'll also obviously want to attract western tourists post-emergency. Europe's not cured but improved dramatically over the past month. I would guess stringent test certification will be the requirement. Ain't no tourist going to come only to be carted off to an isolation area. In fact, the luxury quarantine hotels have arrangements only till June 31.

So, if someone comes before 31/6 they'll probably have to go through the whole rigmarole. But the OP doesn't need to so he should wait for announcements nearer the end of the month.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1

Assuming this is covid19 specific insurance.....It's difficult for me to imagine that the USD 100k insurance policy will be required by all tourists for very long, very few people would come and tourism would never recover, I don't know where a person would by it anyway.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 7:35 PM, steven100 said:

I think you are completely incorrect.
I have read many times (not only TV rumours) that when restrictions start being lifted on July 1, the only people allowed in will be Thai nationals or foreigners with pre-approved work permits - and that they must have Covid-19 insurance to the tune of $100,000, a health certificate to show they don;t have the virus and will be quarantined at a govt-stipulated quarantine venue (or maybe private venue, not sure) for 14 days at the person's own cost.
It is disappointing so much false information is still being posted in public forums ????

Edited by pomozki
I forgot the health certificate!
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

If Thailand wants any tourists at all , they will need to drop the named above measures

yes, for sure - but it is a balancing act, no?
they know thousands of Thais depend on the tourism industry but they've been remarkably lucky so far. Thais don't have a clue about social distancing but the country has only a few dozen deaths. If they bow to public pressure and start opening the doors to foreigners, and then the bars and nightclubs, they could cause themselves huge problems

On 6/2/2020 at 10:35 PM, steven100 said:

"insurance hasn't been made mandatory" Does this mean:

1. The medical insurance which has been discussed broadly in relation to several visa types for several years, or...

2. Specifically In regard to entering Thailand during the Covid 19 situation, with coverage for Covid 19 tests and treatment and a general coverage of not less then US$100,000?

On 6/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, HerbyJFlash said:

Cheers ????

Any foreign individual entering Thailand must have a $100,000 insurance package that has written into it that they are fully covered for Covid 19 also they must provide a medical certificate no older than 72 hours prior to departing the country they are travelling from this includes Thai nationals as well as foreigners as far as I am aware this has not changed and my wife who is stuck in the U.K. tells me it’s impossible to get either of these requirements if that remains the case come September I will be pulling the shutters down on my property and returning back to the U.K. for the forceable future.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, Nokkeaw said:

I read that article already but what I wonder is if this rules will still apply after July 1st

I think maybe they’ll drop the 14 days quarantine after July 1 st but are likely to keep the Insurance and health certificate. Anyway, we will know nothing for sure until July.

• Like 1

$100,000 insurance package that has written into it that they are fully covered for Covid 19. Has anyone been able to get this kind of insurance cover? Not to mention the health certificate that you are Covid free?

If the Thais want tourists they will have to give up on the above or no one will come here.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, HerbyJFlash said:

Cheers ????

An insurance will probably be mandatory,as well as a fit to fly- certificate. But depending on which country you come from, you might not be allowed to enter the country. On top of that a 14 days quarantine in a hotel at your own expense (฿1000/night at the moment) will most likely be mandatory. 

• Sad 1

Last week there was an article in the news about rules for the next level allowing workers back into thailand. Specifically you will need your work visa in passport.. 100k insurance.. A covid test prior to arrival.. And a 2 week quarantine with another covid test at your expense..  Search for it and you will find the article I saw... 

13 hours ago, Trillian said:

Assuming this is covid19 specific insurance.....It's difficult for me to imagine that the USD 100k insurance policy will be required by all tourists for very long, very few people would come and tourism would never recover, I don't know where a person would by it anyway.

No need to be a special covid insurance.I have a bupa world travel insurance for 500k GBP. With a specification from the company that it also covers any civid to be on the safe side.Only time will tell if I can test it out

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 8:35 PM, steven100 said:

Correct and not 1 tourist will land that is forced to do so in a triple price hotel. Maybe they want to bankrupt the country ????. There is fast testing for COVID now