Embassy certificate, 100K insurance and quarantine still mandatory after July 1st?

Nokkeaw

13 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Health cert is fine, insurance is fine. I've got no problem with them. But the 14 day mandatory quarantine is the big one. I can't see how anyone, myself included will visit, if that's in place. 

They mention quarantine packages in 5 star hotels, or in Samui, Pha-ngan, but even then I can't see any tourists going for that. Returning Thais, foreigners maybe. But tourists, no. Not going to spend

50,000 baht to be cooped up in a hotel unable to see the people or places I've come to see. 

How is the covid and medical cert fine ? How will you get either . Insurance can’t be bought and most doctors aren’t even seeing patients at the moment.

Don’t mean to sound condescending am just desperate for answers. 

Edited by HerbyJFlash
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Rubbish This forum is full of people booking flights for July even when they know the flights might be cancelled

How can this be, we're told by lots of posters that tourism is dead for the rest of the year and that nobody will come yet you say lots of posters on TVF are booking flights. Which is it, it can't be both things.

6 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Correct and not 1 tourist will land that is forced to do so in a triple price hotel. Maybe they want to bankrupt the country ????. There is fast testing for COVID now

On 6/5/2020 at 10:40 PM, tomauasia said:

Rubbish l know 5 already  waiting

1 hour ago, Trillian said:

How can this be, we're told by lots of posters that tourism is dead for the rest of the year and that nobody will come yet you say lots of posters on TVF are booking flights. Which is it, it can't be both things.

If you look at the previous posts of their posts you will find every single post they are slagging off Thailand which makes you wonder why  do they join TVF.

In the above case I am not sure what they are on or maybe they post and then they have forgotten what they have posted as 1 day stating they know 5 people waiting to fly back to Thailand and then the next day posting that not a single tourist will land

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

If you look at the previous posts of their posts you will find every single post they are slagging off Thailand which makes you wonder why  do they join TVF.

In the above case I am not sure what they are on or maybe they post and then they have forgotten what they have posted as 1 day stating they know 5 people waiting to fly back to Thailand and then the next day posting that not a single tourist will land

Slagging off Thailand seems to be the favorite past time of many posters on Thaivisa Forum, that and creating facts from their overly active imaginations.

FWIW I agree that there is, for a variety of reasons, probably a pent up demand of people wanting to get back to Thailand, separated families, business people, wealthy tourists, isolation cases etc., it's not hard for me to imagine that tourism numbers will climb quite quickly once flights return to something like near normal and draconian hurdles such as the impossible covid19 insurance policy are dropped.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Trillian said:

Slagging off Thailand seems to be the favorite past time of many posters on Thaivisa Forum, that and creating facts from their overly active imaginations.

FWIW I agree that there is, for a variety of reasons, probably a pent up demand of people wanting to get back to Thailand, separated families, business people, wealthy tourists, isolation cases etc., it's not hard for me to imagine that tourism numbers will climb quite quickly once flights return to something like near normal and draconian hurdles such as the impossible covid19 insurance policy are dropped.

I think numbers returning to last year wouldn't happen for a long time, I suspect Visa on arrival and visa exemption will be suspended for the rest of this year, and all visa's will only be issued by the local embassy. Hopefully over time it would be good if they issued a 120 day single entry visa and 180 day single entry. If they drop the covid insurance policy requirement I suspect it will be replaced by a mandatory insurance policy valid for the length of your visa plus 3 months.

Its hard to imagine how they will manage social distancing in some of the main tourist spots

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Rubbish This forum is full of people booking flights for July even when they know the flights might be cancelled

There are Thai nationals that have tested negative on arrival and tested a few days later and found to be postive

so your fast testing is pointless unless its backup with 14 day quarantine

You are in dream land. I don't care about July. And I'm not talking about Thais..Tourists will not do 14 days. You talk <deleted> second test they were already sick. Repatriated sick or well. There Thai. People like you won't stop tourism

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Last week there was an article in the news about rules for the next level allowing workers back into thailand. Specifically you will need your work visa in passport.. 100k insurance.. A covid test prior to arrival.. And a 2 week quarantine with another covid test at your expense..  Search for it and you will find the article I saw... 

Thai scam to rob farang wanting to go back urgently..ignore like l ignore the nonsense posts here. They won't get 1 tourist ????????????

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

You are in dream land. I don't care about July. And I'm not talking about Thais..Tourists will not do 14 days. You talk <deleted> second test they were already sick. Repatriated sick or well. There Thai. People like you won't stop tourism

Looking at the majority of your previous posts you don't like Thailand, if you don't want to do 14 day quarantine its simply don't come no great loss to Thailand tourism

25 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Thai scam to rob farang wanting to go back urgently..ignore like l ignore the nonsense posts here. They won't get 1 tourist ????????????

You should check your previous posts before posting as here you stated that you know 5 tourists waiting to come

On 6/5/2020 at 10:40 PM, tomauasia said:

Rubbish l know 5 already  waiting

Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, Puccini said:

Yes, you will need all that.

With a work permit he can travel now with permission from nearest Thai Embassy. Look up on Richard Barrow's blog. He clearly describes the process.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:11 AM, Trillian said:

Assuming this is covid19 specific insurance.....It's difficult for me to imagine that the USD 100k insurance policy will be required by all tourists for very long, very few people would come and tourism would never recover, I don't know where a person would by it anyway.

100,000 $ is not a lot of cover.

Travel insurance covers more. So far no tourists are allowed.

Doubt Thailand will throw their doors open any time soon but to a few select Asian countries. 

12 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Looking at the majority of your previous posts you don't like Thailand, if you don't want to do 14 day quarantine its simply don't come no great loss to Thailand tourism

What authority are you lol. I live in Thailand 8 years married and run a tax paying business. Your input means nothing to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

With a work permit he can travel now with permission from nearest Thai Embassy. Look up on Richard Barrow's blog. He clearly describes the process.

Work permit and all all the other requirements will eliminate all but a select few..........Until Thailand severly cuts back on all these insane entry requirements Thailands tourist industry is finished....This is not even up for debate...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2020 at 9:22 AM, pomozki said:

I think you are completely incorrect.
I have read many times (not only TV rumours) that when restrictions start being lifted on July 1, the only people allowed in will be Thai nationals or foreigners with pre-approved work permits - and that they must have Covid-19 insurance to the tune of $100,000,

Where would you recommend or suggest getting especially for a tourist covid19 insurance to the sum of $100,000 ? Especially seeing as it’s a current pandemic and no insurance company in there right mind will issue such a policy.

On 6/7/2020 at 8:02 AM, superal said:

The $100,000 covid 19 insurance is impossible for anyone from the UK to get . Why ? because the UK FCO have stated that they have advised against all foreign travel and that invalidates any claim on any policy taken out since the FCO announcement  

100% correct

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, Stretch2480 said:

Where would you recommend or suggest getting especially for a tourist covid19 insurance to the sum of $100,000 ? Especially seeing as it’s a current pandemic and no insurance company in there right mind will issue such a policy.

The health insurance policies I have seen so far do not state specifically what conditions or events are covered, but they state what is specifically not not covered. Therefore, it would seem unreasonable for a government agency or an airline to require a policy that specifically includes Covid-19 and instead should be satisfied with a policy that does not specifically exclude Covid-19 or specifically exclude all diseases that were unknown to exist anywhere in the world on and prior to the date of issue of the policy.

On 6/8/2020 at 12:15 AM, Stretch2480 said:

I have no clue where to get such insurance
I've never tried to get any such insurance
I don't intend getting such insurance
I merely posted what I believe are the requirements of entry
Geddit?

On 6/7/2020 at 12:54 AM, HerbyJFlash said:

How is the covid and medical cert fine ? How will you get either . Insurance can’t be bought and most doctors aren’t even seeing patients at the moment.

I have good insurance through my company that covers me. The insurance company already contacted me to say that they'll pay for any medical treatment due to corona. I wouldn't have thought I'm the only one in this position. 

As for the health cert, I can go to my local hospital and get that done. 

On 6/8/2020 at 12:15 AM, Stretch2480 said:

These rules ate not aimed at tourists. Tourists are prohibited altogether. No tourist visas being issued, no visa exempt entries. Do impact of these rules on tourism doesn't enter into it, they have already opted to suspend tourism for the past few months and immediate future.

In fact other than people with work permits, foreigners are altogether banned but this will hopefully ease up soon at least for those with Thai families.

• Like 2

This kind of question is posed almost everyday.

Simple answer is: we don't know. Depends on whether the state of emergency ends or is extended further. Either way, the travel ban could be extended or even if it isn't, they may or may not decide to keep the current entry requirements that work permit holders need to meet in place.

If I were you, I would hold off trying to return too soon. Even if flights do resume on July 1 (as several airlines have confirmed, though not THAI, which will only resume flights on August 1), I wouldn't want to be on one of those first flights. There is every chance that for the first month or two, only essential travelers will be allowed to enter Thailand AND they may need to meet some stringent entry requirements.

Just wait a few months, perhaps until October or later. Thailand will still be around then.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, vinny41 said:

I think numbers returning to last year wouldn't happen for a long time, I suspect Visa on arrival and visa exemption will be suspended for the rest of this year, and all visa's will only be issued by the local embassy. Hopefully over time it would be good if they issued a 120 day single entry visa and 180 day single entry. If they drop the covid insurance policy requirement I suspect it will be replaced by a mandatory insurance policy valid for the length of your visa plus 3 months.

Its hard to imagine how they will manage social distancing in some of the main tourist spots

Social distancing will die. It's not a permanent fixture; humanity can't be expected to be herded around like sheep or taught to keep distance from one another like school children forever. Once the pandemic is over, social distancing will go the way of the dodo. In fact, in countries which reopened sooner than Thailand such as Vietnam, they have already ended the middle seat blocking ban on flights. Thailand will surely follow suit on that front within the next couple of weeks as domestic travel demand picks up.

Besides, no one wants to go on holidays to feel like they're in a military camp. Even North Korean holidays are more relaxing than that.

Edited by drbeach
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 9:25 AM, vinny41 said:

Tourists can wait a few months or until next year to come here. The Earth isn't going to spin off it's axis because tourists may not be allowed to enter this year. Thailand can also choose to seek income from other sources and reduce it's reliance on tourism in the future.

I'd say one would have to be bonkers to do a 14 day quarantine to travel right now. And that could well be 28 days - 14 to enter this country and 14 upon returning home. Not sure what grudge the poster you replied to holds against Thailand, but this is a worldwide issue right now. The world is still closed for business. While I don't like it, I can't do anything about it. I'm fine with waiting, even though I have a business to run in a neighboring country, but it is what it is. The business will just have to wait.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:54 AM, HerbyJFlash said:

You're right.

The simple thing to do is forget about wanting to travel for the foreseeable future. Especially if you're a foreigner seeking to return to Thailand or any neighboring country. It ain't going to happen anytime soon by the looks of it.

I don't like it either but what can we do? I have already resigned myself to the fact that I won't be able to get much business done this year. Decisions on expanding the business will have to wait. This event is a game changer and personally I'm prepared to adapt to a different future simply because I may not have a choice.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:02 AM, superal said:

The $100,000 covid 19 insurance is impossible for anyone from the UK to get . Why ? because the UK FCO have stated that they have advised against all foreign travel and that invalidates any claim on any policy taken out since the FCO announcement  

I have today read that this may be changing (source the mirror website) .

If the all but essential travel advice is lifted, will travel insurance covering covid become available ?

45 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

If the all but essential travel advice is lifted, will travel insurance covering covid become available ?

Can you please post the link (I think it's ok to post links from UK Press sites just not Bangkok Post). 

I found this one... https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/europe/thailand-reopen-tourists-july-brits-22111903 but that was from the 30th May so was wondering if there had been any more recent articles.

2 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

I believe that will be the case in general . The insurers , as you probably know , will ask which country or countries you are to visit and that may have an effect on the premiums . IMHO I think insurance companies will offer policies on low risk countries such as some of those in south east Asia  e.g. Thailand , Laos , Cambodia , Myanmar , Vietnam that have hardly been effected by the virus but further south there may be exclusions e.g. Malaysia , Philippines where there are still outbreaks . 

I have just visited the UK Gov FCO web site and copied a couple of extracts . 

COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. This advice is being kept under constant review.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is advising British nationals against all non-essential international travel at this time. Existing advice for Thailand remains in place:

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to areas within the provinces on the Thailand-Malaysia border, including:

• Pattani
  • Yala
  • Narathiwat
  • Southern Songkhla province. This does not include areas north of and including the A43 road between Hat Yai and Sakom, and areas north-west of and including the train line which runs between Hat Yai and Pedang Besar.

Getting covid 19 insurance is one thing the other part is which countries will be admitted to Thailand in the near future ?