Embassy certificate, 100K insurance and quarantine still mandatory after July 1st?

Nokkeaw

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Can you please post the link (I think it's ok to post links from UK Press sites just not Bangkok Post). 

I found this one... https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/europe/thailand-reopen-tourists-july-brits-22111903 but that was from the 30th May so was wondering if there had been any more recent articles.

links to Bangkok Post articles aren't allowed? if not, why not?
cheers

9 hours ago, superal said:

I believe that will be the case in general . The insurers , as you probably know , will ask which country or countries you are to visit and that may have an effect on the premiums . IMHO I think insurance companies will offer policies on low risk countries such as some of those in south east Asia  e.g. Thailand , Laos , Cambodia , Myanmar , Vietnam that have hardly been effected by the virus but further south there may be exclusions e.g. Malaysia , Philippines where there are still outbreaks . 

I have just visited the UK Gov FCO web site and copied a couple of extracts . 

COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. This advice is being kept under constant review.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is advising British nationals against all non-essential international travel at this time. Existing advice for Thailand remains in place:

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to areas within the provinces on the Thailand-Malaysia border, including:

• Pattani
  • Yala
  • Narathiwat
  • Southern Songkhla province. This does not include areas north of and including the A43 road between Hat Yai and Sakom, and areas north-west of and including the train line which runs between Hat Yai and Pedang Besar.

Getting covid 19 insurance is one thing the other part is which countries will be admitted to Thailand in the near future ?

Yes that is the same link . It’s probably not the most reliable and I didn’t notice it was from May , apologies . 

Im a fit and healthy 28 year old and usually pay about £15 to get cover in thailand for a couple of weeks. If I had to pay £100 for two weeks cover , including covid medical treatment I would  swallow it and pay up.

I’m not a “covid is just the flu” believer, but the amount of fit and healthy people who end up in hospital is extremely low and maybe worth the risk for insurers. 

Edited by HerbyJFlash

How to get the quota prior to departure? My passport is entitled to visa exemption to enter Thailand (under normal situation), Or, the visitors must apply for a business visa in advance? Seem that medical cert and insurance are not mandatory. 

"One thousand foreign visitors are expected to be allowed entry to Thailand per day and the standard 14-day Covid-19 quarantine rule will be waived, according to an implementation plan for "travel bubbles" to be submitted for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)'s approval on Wednesday.... These visitors, who in the beginning will be mostly business people...." Quoted from Bangkok Post June 15, 2020.

6 hours ago, roadpeople said:

How to get the quota prior to departure? My passport is entitled to visa exemption to enter Thailand (under normal situation), Or, the visitors must apply for a business visa in advance? Seem that medical cert and insurance are not mandatory. 

"One thousand foreign visitors are expected to be allowed entry to Thailand per day and the standard 14-day Covid-19 quarantine rule will be waived, according to an implementation plan for "travel bubbles" to be submitted for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)'s approval on Wednesday.... These visitors, who in the beginning will be mostly business people...." Quoted from Bangkok Post June 15, 2020.

The visa exemption scheme is currently suspended. If you were eligible to enter Thailand, of course you must possess a proper business visa.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:31 AM, Mike Teavee said:

I believe it's because Bangkok Post doesn't allow people to post content from their site rather than TV barring them. 

I assumed it had something to do with their "competition" being the sponsors/owners of the forum?

On 6/11/2020 at 5:24 PM, HerbyJFlash said:

Yes that is the same link . It’s probably not the most reliable and I didn’t notice it was from May , apologies . 

Im a fit and healthy 28 year old and usually pay about £15 to get cover in thailand for a couple of weeks. If I had to pay £100 for two weeks cover , including covid medical treatment I would  swallow it and pay up.

I’m not a “covid is just the flu” believer, but the amount of fit and healthy people who end up in hospital is extremely low and maybe worth the risk for insurers. 

I hope the admin will allow the link below from the Which monthly magazine which is very informative on covid 19 insurance articles and is up to date 

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/06/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-your-travel-insurance/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=3990890-M_MW_EM_150620