George Clooney on George Floyd killing: racism is America's pandemic

snoop1130

On 6/2/2020 at 3:58 PM, sirineou said:

Clooney should do well to stick to what he know which is acting. For the most part this is not a racial problem but a Cultural problem. before you can solve a problem the problem needs to be identified, and for many reasons mostly political we are looking at the wrong direction. 

And what exactly makes you the qualified expert to comment on Clooney’s statement? 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, sirineou said:

What I am trying to get people to understand is that the problem is not racism , though there is some racism, but cultural friction . misunderstanding  and mistrust and the tensions happen at the point of contact of this two cultures.

I don't mean to be condescending, I truly don't. But  the situation is not as simple as it appears to the laymen. IMO it is  time to stop living in the past and think of the future.       

Well, I've been listening to a lot of black American voices over the last couple of days. Their opinion is quite different from yours as is a number of highly respected White commentators such as Gregg Popovich, who pointed out that "White Supremacy" is something that is already an inherent part of the American psyche and needs to be acknowledged as existing and pervasive and deliberately and specifically attacked in order to be destroyed. They're also acknowledging that the issue of racism is a broad spectrum that runs from the easily and obviously identifiable like people shouting the "n-word" to basic "harmless" assumptions about people's ability or intelligence. I've seen the same thing with my mixed race kids even among my liberal family. 

To pretend racism doesn't exist everywhere, never mind in America during its current crisis, is patently absurd. To reduce racism to "cultural friction" is nonsense and disrespectful to those who experience it - see of you can find a single black person who refers to this as "cultural friction". 

21 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Mr. Floyd was undoubtedly unlawfully killed. What degree of murder is debatable. The ex-cop under arrest clearly, IMO, new what he was doing, intentionally did it, and his reaction to the result shows he intended it to happen.

The other 3 cops were all guilty of negligence in the extreme. 

There are several investigations on-going. Maybe they are, or should, be checking the personal connection between the victim and killer. I read both worked as bouncers at the same club. 

There does seem something lacking in a % of American law enforcement officers. US typifies the adage - lot of law but little order! What % that is, I don't know.

All the good officers, the peaceful protesters rightfully lamenting a murdered person is acceptable and understandable.

Rioting, looting, thieving, assaulting and destroying isn't.  And idiots like Clooney with their patronizing attitude and political agenda are just as unacceptable.

You were doing so well! Then that last sentence...

You equate an Actor having a patronizing attitude and political agenda to rioting, looting, thieving, assaulting and destroying. How patently absurd! There's no benefit to ridiculous hyperbole and it negates all the good points you made. Why do you feel the need to demonize someone who has a different political viewpoint than yours? Do you feel it contributes to understanding? Or do you genuinely feel that anyone who has a patronizing attitude and political agenda ought to be jailed? Because that'll take some doing!

17 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Well, I've been listening to a lot of black American voices over the last couple of days. Their opinion is quite different from yours as is a number of highly respected White commentators such as Gregg Popovich, who pointed out that "White Supremacy" is something that is already an inherent part of the American psyche and needs to be acknowledged as existing and pervasive and deliberately and specifically attacked in order to be destroyed. They're also acknowledging that the issue of racism is a broad spectrum that runs from the easily and obviously identifiable like people shouting the "n-word" to basic "harmless" assumptions about people's ability or intelligence. I've seen the same thing with my mixed race kids even among my liberal family. 

To pretend racism doesn't exist everywhere, never mind in America during its current crisis, is patently absurd. To reduce racism to "cultural friction" is nonsense and disrespectful to those who experience it - see of you can find a single black person who refers to this as "cultural friction". 

Sure ,  you are right.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

The same the qualifies you to question my credentials .

Right, in that case I think it would be best if you kept your opinion to yourself and let Clooney do as he sees fit! ????

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

Right, in that case I think it would be best if you kept your opinion to yourself and let Clooney do as he sees fit! ????

I will keep my opinion to myself as long as you do the same. 

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I will keep my opinion to myself as long as you do the same. 

Well, it’s already too late for that, isn’t it? But you might think about your level of expertise/qualification on the subject matter next time before you comment on somebody else’s actions! 

• Sad 1

Well, it’s already too late for that, isn’t it? But you might think about your level of expertise/qualification on the subject matter next time before you comment on somebody else’s actions! 

I have

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Non of your business

Well, if you feel the need to criticize someone publicly in a forum you have to reckon with a response, which is what I did. You telling me it’s none of my business is juvenile and you dodging my initial question speaks volumes, mate! ????

Little advise, next time be prepared to back up what you post publicly or just keep it to yourself! 

• Sad 1

Well, if you feel the need to criticize someone publicly in a forum you have to reckon with a response, which is what I did. You telling me it’s none of my business is juvenile and you dodging my initial question speaks volumes, mate! ????

Little advise, next time be prepared to back up what you post publicly or just keep it to yourself! 

What makes you qualified to give advice? LOL

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 12:01 AM, Malawi said:

The problem has not been solved for decades and never will be.

At least Clooney has an opinion. The more whiteys that stand up for the black oppressed the better.

Ah yes the problem has not been solved and as, sirineou wisely suggested, perhaps we should identify that problem first.  Or we could all just demand more virtue signaling from degenerate actors while shouting at whitey to stand for the black oppressed.  

• Like 1

NPR : "George Floyd Described As A 'Gentle Giant' By Friends "

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/28/864410788/a-look-at-george-floyds-life-that-ended-in-the-police-custody

"Nightmare - George Floyd pushed gun to mom's belly - robbed in her own house "

https://www.frontnieuws.com/nachtmerrie-george-floyd-duwde-pistool-op-buik-van-moeder-beroofd-in-haar-eigen-huis/?fbclid=IwAR2CnxmCb7gmxFTem1ZlQXC88DGXeSH5mO_uFDGBwXT7CxYwALtXESoj8JU

"Citing court records, The Houston Chronicle reported that Floyd had several brushes with the law, starting with a 1997 drug charge in Houston. His last case was an aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon charge in 2007, which resulted in a conviction and a five-year prison sentence. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/george-floyd-aspiring-rapper-symbol-police-violence-against-black-men-n1222561#:~:text=Did Floyd have a criminal,a five-year prison sentence.

"Gentle Giant !! " 

• Like 1

Probably get slammed for this, but here goes ....

A violent career criminal gets treated' roughly' by law enforcement unfortunately with a fatal ending for the 'violent career criminal' and the result is that it seems like the whole planet sides with the 'violent career criminal'. 

Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

Another Hollywood sycophant doing his master's bidding. Yes there is racism in the world... but what is occurring is not about racism, but that is certainly what the social engineers want all the sheeples to believe. Duped gullable sheeples falling further into slavery.  

On 6/2/2020 at 9:57 AM, Malawi said:

A racist society run by gun nuts.

How long did you live there?  Who did you know and associate with?  Did you hob nob with the "natives" or just pointed your snob nose in the air?  Ever go out shooting with some good old boys? 

I'm getting so tired of this "racist" catch word.  I have friends, associates and family who are all over the spectrum of color and from many countries.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 12:38 PM, JCauto said:

I don't understand your point(s).

1. "There are many different sub-cultures in America." There are also many different sub-cultures in Canada, France, Germany, Thailand and most other places. So why aren't those places in flames? There are specific reasons why America is reacting so badly to this compared to other places and it is a very different place because of that.

2. "No culture is better of worse, they are simply different." No, that's not true. Police culture is not like the culture of various people's nationalities or ethnicities. It's entirely artificial and contrived towards an end and purpose. The problem is that purpose - instead of being focused on being a people-based service for community safety and health, they've been armed to the teeth using surplus military weapons and turned against the people as a tool by autocrats for property protection and coercion. And this is the problem - they should NOT be a separate culture, they should be integrated within the communities they serve - come from those same communities, live in those same communities, serve those same communities. It's when you import cops from elsewhere who have no connection to the people they're facing when the stuff really starts hitting the fan. The Police Culture has to change.

3. "Unless both cultures in conflict make appropriate adjustments..." So what "adjustments" are the African American community supposed to make? They tried peaceful protest; they were called "Sons of bitches" and told to stand the f up and be patriotic. Over taking a knee during a sports competition where the sports have been coopted for jingoistic propaganda for the State military and religion? Yes, it's really on the black people to make changes, let's blame the victims again!

Come on man, I expected better of you. Pull your head out.

Maybe something to do with only 50 years ago...yes in this current generation...USA had segregation laws.....it's a long road to get away from such a primative culture

4 hours ago, South said:

Probably get slammed for this, but here goes ....

A violent career criminal gets treated' roughly' by law enforcement unfortunately with a fatal ending for the 'violent career criminal' and the result is that it seems like the whole planet sides with the 'violent career criminal'. 

Am I missing something here?

You missed the part where an army of limp wristed, soy sipping, lactose intolerant, virtue signalling, gender fluid white boys retreat back into their safe spaces.

On 6/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, JCauto said:

The problem is that purpose - instead of being focused on being a people-based service for community safety and health, again!

Rainbows and lollipops won't curb the shootings, bashings, car jackings and home invasions.

Maybe instead of burning sh*t BLM could fund training courses for black men on how to follow direction from police instead throwing tantrums and jiving around like it's black friday at Wal-mart. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, Nigel Garvie said:

However when the venal children of rich American scum populate the colleges, the US misses out on the vast asset of poorer children who are actually intelligent

And with this one sentence the writer effectively declares himself nuts.Insert other media

Edited by jayboy
  • Haha 1

There was no White Lives Matter Looters when Lee Rigby was hacked to Bits. Now the immigrants beat up Brit Cops because the Yanks have a bunch of Nutters running amok. Bet  the Chins laughing its Virus Off at the weak reactions of the West to anarchy.