BANGKOK
webfact

No worms will survive under high temperatures, top boss at Super C Chef says

By The Nation

800_ecf6f16f65756e1.jpg?v=1591098455

Super C Chef cooks fish and seafood products in high temperatures of at least 118 degrees Celsius for 75 minutes, making it impossible for any micro-organisms to survive, the company’s president said.

Poj Aramattananont, vice-chair of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and president of Sea Value Plc, which exports tuna and instant seafood under the Super C Chef brand, also added his company maintains GMP (good manufacturing practices) and HACCP (hazard analysis and critical control point) standards in the production process.

Hence, he said, it was impossible for any of the Super C Chef cans to have worms as claimed by some customers.

“The news that Super C Chef fish canned on March 6 contained worms, as shown in a video clip posted online, is wrong,” he said, adding that it is possible that someone was trying to sabotage the company or the consumer had left the can open for a long time and insects may have laid eggs in it.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388961

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-03

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Mr Aramattananont, you may well have GMP and HACCP but is your production facility actually following the guidelines and are your workers trained to understand processes and procedures?

Although it's a possibility, you can't be so dismissive and blame sabotage - That's just arrogant.

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the consumer had left the can open for a long time and insects may have laid eggs in it.

Or maybe the factory did after the cooking process and before the lid was put on the can. Also I would dispute both the temperature and the cooking time. Both are excessive. 70 deg C for ten minutes is normally sufficient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

So one will find dead worms in the can, right?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

it is possible that someone was trying to sabotage the company

Someone opened a can of worms?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

So one will find dead worms in the can, right?

safely dead 😄  

comparative Super hopefulness that this Find, would have less impact than finding half a worm in an apple?

Posted (edited)

so they are using dodgy(old?) fish that have worms but they reckon its ok because they cook them, what about not using garbage, cheap, unhealthy fish in the first place, again we see profits being more important than healthy, clean food. Definitely wont be using any of their products, last thing I want is fish that is not fit for human consumption

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

That's a relief then. So I can dig into my plate of scrambled eggs without feeling disgusted. 

as the world collapses into chaos we all need to get comfortable eating worms. 

• Haha 1

I followed his instructions and cooked this at 118C for 75 minutes. He is right, found no uncooked worms. Let me know if you want to try. lol

overcooked.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

This is comforting to know, but is he suggesting that it is OK to eat dead (cooked) worms if we find them in his products then? 

You get them for free.

This could be a new marketing angle 🙊