Thai PM appeals for patience over further easing of lockdown measures

webfact

I wonder what the social distancing is supposed to achieve?

At the start of the pandemic the opinion expressed was that around 80% of the population was going to be infected in one way or another.

Social distancing was to ensure the acute services were not swamped.

Is that the case?

If so Thailand may well stay in whatever phase of isolation for centuries until all the population has been exposed.

Or is the objective simply to let the infection run its course without infecting the general population?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cali farong said:

Step by step. They have a plan!
I need a drink

Better than that, I expect that they have a "roadmap" - we haven't had one for a while, and the last one was good for several years; and look at how dramatically that changed things!

7 hours ago, mr mr said:

better WATCH what you say young man. i got a buckets of fun for everyone. 

"young man"...thank you sir.....:clap2:

and WATCH what you post as in TIME it might make you look rather silly....have a nice day now :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayut has done an excellent job in curbing the COVID19 infection rate and transmission of the virus. Stringent measures were put in place as needed and on the whole most Thai's agreed with these measures. 

Let's hope the Wuhan flu dies a slow and painful death as a result of the world wide lockdown.

We need that vaccine and we need it now ...

Capture.Prayut2.PNG.e7289ad67b2348509f83fa1879e847d1.PNG

replace wuhan flu with PM and I will agree with you

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe he could take the time to come to my local market and have a word with all the traders/vendors who don't seem to take any notice of what he's saying.

Laws need to be enforced otherwise they are useless. Even worse - people will hardly care about laws at all if the government does not care much too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Once again the PM has shot himself in the foot, I agree with the step-by-step policy but unless they are planning to use the reintroduction of alcohol as a scapegoat for the opening up of the country to outside tourists when the numbers increase once again, they should definitely let the restaurants serve alcohol and open the open-air bars before outside tourists are allowed into the country so everyone will know where the increase has come from then think about opening up the entertainment side of things with go go bars and discos ets.

Trust me, that is the plan. 2 well known bar owners in Pattaya have said that they expect to be open on June 14th but wouldn't reveal their sources. For me, the smart money is on July 1st. What ever the date, the physical signs I saw yesterday suggest that its imminent.