Trump pushes military response as U.S. girds for more protests

webfact

26 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder how much different it could have been if all the protesters remained protesters only took a knee across the country in town and city where they took to the streets. Staged a sustained sit in across the country, stopped commerce and remained silent.

Trump has failed another test on leadership 

You are blaming Trump for the protestors violent  actions ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

<SNIP>.At the end of the day law and order prevails

Sure, So long it is not carried out in a brutal manner as was hyped by trump. The empathy approach has worked well in a number of places, no need for violence by police. The criminal element will be subject to intense scrutiny and follow up action.  But the matters which kicked off the current discontent need to be addressed, so far no word on first steps from the administration?

• Like 1

Mayor Bill de Blasio said Sunday morning that the members of the anarchist movement plan together online and that "they have explicit rules, and we're going to make all this information available today and in the days ahead."

New York's top terrorism official says there's evidence that members of anarchist groups from outside the city intentionally planned to incite violence at protests calling for justice in the death of George Floyd.

Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller said there is a high level of confidence within the NYPD that these unnamed groups had organized scouts, medics, and supply routes of rocks, bottles and accelerants for breakaway groups to commit vandalism and violence. There are strong indicators they planned for violence in advance using at times encrypted communications, he said.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nypds-terrorism-chief-says-unnamed-groups-planned-protest-violence-in-advance/2440722/

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Fascinating. I would have said well planned, co-ordinated and carefully executed right wing led operation to cause maximum destruction, and lead to a militarization of major American cities, a discrediting of the protest movement, and give Trump the war he tried so hard to avoid as a young man, with his five draft deferments from the war in Vietnam.

Only this time the war is against Americans who oppose his spectacular level of incompetence, division and vitriol, and people of color, whom it has clearly been demonstrated he despises. The very same group currently working on insuring that this guy does not get reelected. If Trump had any dignity he would resign, over his massive Covid failure alone. 

Do you have any evidence, from reputable sources, that state it was right wing groups rather than the anarchist groups specified by the senior anti terrorist and chief of intelligence officer.

If so, cite them.

Otherwise your post is simply fake and politically motivated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You are blaming Trump for the protestors violent  actions ?

Did I apportion blame any where to anyone?

I posed a hypothetical question
Please point out where I mentioned POTUS?

Edited by RJRS1301

10 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Did I apportion blame any where to anyone?

I posed a hypothetical question
Please point out where I mentioned POTUS?

In the last sentence .

I understood it as meaning that Trump had failed because the protests turned violent 

29 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Wow, what a disingenous attempt to obfuscate the obvious. Are you calling New York's top terrorism cop, Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller a liar? The left wing extremists are to blame for this violence. <SNIP>

What the guy actually said was "unnamed groups". in an article covering the issue...

Federal law enforcement officials say these outsiders could be anarchists, left-wing groups like Antifa, known for their militant opposition to Fascism, or far-right groups like white supremacists.

https://abc7ny.com/anarchists-floyd-protest-nyc-george-protests/6223320/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Sounds like the president of the USA, I thought Reagan and the 2 Bush's were bad

but the current potus makes them look like Gandhi.

It's sad that despite his apparent dislike of China, I believe that he admires the

absolute power the government has and uses at times of dissent.

Certainly appears to want to use the army on it's own citizens...now what happened when China infamously quelled dissent with the army...

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Empathy sounds nice(it always has in every admin),peaceful solutions sounds perfect.At the end of the day law and order prevails

Good, then lets hope all 4 ex police face charges regarding the killing of George Floyd

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

In the last sentence .

I understood it as meaning that Trump had failed because the protests turned violent 

Comprehension 101>>>  Fail

I said leadership>>>>>>>> .

Leadership Definition (What's a Good Leader?)

What is leadership? A simple definition is that leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act toward achieving a common goal.In a business setting, this can mean directing workers and colleagues with a strategy to meet the company's needs.

Substitute "company" for "Country"
Edited by RJRS1301

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

What the guy actually said was "unnamed groups". in an article covering the issue...

Federal law enforcement officials say these outsiders could be anarchists, left-wing groups like Antifa, known for their militant opposition to Fascism, or far-right groups like white supremacists.

https://abc7ny.com/anarchists-floyd-protest-nyc-george-protests/6223320/

I realise you're purposefully trying to create confusion and equivalence, but no, he literally said "anarchist groups":

"No. 1, before the protests began," Miller said, "organizers of certain anarchist groups set out to raise bail money and people who would be responsible to be raising bail money, they set out to recruit medics and medical teams with gear to deploy in anticipation of violent interactions with police."

He added, "They prepared to commit property damage and directed people who were following them that this should be done selectively and only in wealthier areas or at high-end stores run by corporate entities."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/law-enforcement-plays-catch-stop-violence-radical-groups-protests-n1220486

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

On Sunday night, New York's top terrorism cop, Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller, detailed his office's analysis and investigation into why the New York City protests have become so violent and damaging at times:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/law-enforcement-plays-catch-stop-violence-radical-groups-protests-n1220486

So translation: Highly planned, co-ordinated and carefully executed left-wing led operation to cause maximum destruction. Planting the brick piles fits perfectly in this planned operation.

Thank you for this, an interesting read. But this Miller guy and his C.I.C another US Govt dept or agency with both good reason and an agenda to propagate this theory.

Also lets be fair, the probable assassination of one US President, 2 prominent and influential black activists all in the space of a few years.  Then 9/11, and several conflicts across the Muslim World.  So please excuse me as a non American, for having very little faith, trust or belief in what your agencies do across the globe.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Good, then lets hope all 4 ex police face charges regarding the killing of George Floyd

As far as I know - from what I've read, no this isn't so.  Just one Officer the main cop who knelt on George Floyd's throat, he is being charged on 2 counts.  Those other officers aren't being pursued.

19 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

Thank you for this, an interesting read. But this Miller guy and his C.I.C another US Govt dept or agency with both good reason and an agenda to propagate this theory.

Also lets be fair, the probable assassination of one US President, 2 prominent and influential black activists all in the space of a few years.  Then 9/11, and several conflicts across the Muslim World.  So please excuse me as a non American, for having very little faith, trust or belief in what your agencies do across the globe.  

John Miller is not a federal employee. He used to be FBI but is now actually employed by the NYPD. So not affiliated with the White House, FBI or any US govt dept. Just New York City Police.

He was a very high ranking journalist before who received nine Emmys and two Peabodys, and was actually they guy who interviewed Osama Ben Laden. Very interesting man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Miller_(police_official)#:~:text=John Miller (born 1958 or,for Analytic Transformation and Technology.

As for assassination of the US President, the situation is now so overheated that I would not be surprised in the least if one left-wing lunatic shoots the President and then, well then all hell will break loose in the US. It would make this look like a dress rehearsal.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Logosone said:

<SNIP> he literally said "anarchist groups":

"Unnamed groups" and also referred to anarchists, as Federal people are claiming yet to be empirically determined who is who. As already mentioned far right groups have taken on the identity of Antifa for agitation and  propaganda purposes. Personally I believe the unrest will be determined to originate from criminals, together with left and right wing extremist groups. Responsibility for damage and violence by political orientation will eventually be informed to the public.