Study panning anti-malaria drug Trump took against COVID faces new questions

webfact

10 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

France has banned it completely for use in relation to Covid.

I know, but the poster was referring to the period of time before Trump made his statement. 

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you seriously saying Trump ask experts for advice?

Are you seriously saying he listens to expert advice and cares about facts?

Are you seriously saying he thinks before he does anything?

If you have any evidence that he thinks then please present it. The world is waiting to see such evidence.

Yes to all 3.

IMO he thinks about what will trigger those that hate him into the sort of OTT reaction that we see, before he decides what to say. IMO he might get a VDO collage of the most outrageous responses to enjoy at the end of the day. There's certainly a wealth of amusing meltdowns to enjoy. We saw lots after he won the election.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candide said:

Don't worry! Trumpers will soon start to explain us that it works well for people who are not sick! ????

:coffee1:

Ever heard of prophylaxis?

From google

prophylaxis
/ˌprɒfɪˈlaksɪs/

noun
noun: prophylaxis
  1. treatment given or action taken to prevent disease.
    "all patients received preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis"
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I was strongly advised against taking it as an anti malarial drug more than 10 years ago. Its negative effects have long been known about. The press and public immediately baulked at Trump's recommendation of the drug, because they couldn't believe that a head of state would recommend a drug to the people which was unapproved for the purpose and had known serious side effects. Reckless in the extreme. The public needed factual information - stat!

Either the drug is prescription only so has to be prescribed by a Dr, or it's available over the counter which means it's up to the people buying it to do their research to see if it's appropriate for what they want.

You seem to be saying that everyone is so stupid they take drugs just because someone told them to. Are you claiming that everyone is that stupid?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

No. only those who take a drug that has zero benefits and has the possibility of doing them serious harm, possibly killing them, because trump says its OK.

I agree with that. Anyone dumb enough to take a drug because some famous person told them to is stupid.

Bit like idiots that take LSD because the Beatles did.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Bit like idiots that take LSD because the Beatles did.

I didn't take it because the Beatles did, I took it because I read an article in Oz magazine saying that if you took it you could meet God. Didn't meet God but sure had some fun. Well worth the £1 I paid for it.

• Haha 2

A post spouting an "echo chamber propaganda" comment has been removed, propaganda narratives seem to be custom made for each "echo chamber".  If the comments don't fit another's political narrative, don't denigrate another's opinions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes to all 3.

IMO he thinks about what will trigger those that hate him into the sort of OTT reaction that we see, before he decides what to say. IMO he might get a VDO collage of the most outrageous responses to enjoy at the end of the day. There's certainly a wealth of amusing meltdowns to enjoy. We saw lots after he won the election.

What a wonderful character - especially for a president who is supposed to work for all the people...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:coffee1:

Ever heard of prophylaxis?

From google

prophylaxis
/ˌprɒfɪˈlaksɪs/

noun
noun: prophylaxis
  1. treatment given or action taken to prevent disease.
    "all patients received preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis"

Apparently, it may not for that, too.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

But you're right. I should have written: "it works well with people who have not been in contact with the coronavirus"

• Confused 1