Former President Bush, contrasting Trump approach, says protesters should be heard

webfact

What hypocrisy!!!  From the man who lied to the nation about Weapons of Mass Destruction that were ....what? threatening the American homeland??

This picture of a seemingly demented Bush actually manages to make Joe Biden look like a handsome elder version of JFK....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I was never a fan of Bush Jr. nor his fake and incredibly destructive and corrosive wars, but he is sounding like a dignified, elegant and wise man, compared to Trump, at this state, who remains defiantly, and astoundingly tone deaf, to the needs of Americans outside of his base of support. It appears as if he wants to declare war on younger, activist Americans, who are for the most part peacefully demonstrating, in the streets of cities, both small and large, across the nation. What is actually going on, and who actually started all of this rioting, which plays right into Trump's self imagined strongman image. 

There are alot of alternative views, from the ones promoted by the feds, who I, and millions of level headed Americans distrust to a stunning extent. Talk about political bias. As if they do not have one? Look at who they report to. This is just one possible scenario. We just do not know. But, to take the federal government at face value is a dangerous thing to do, at this point in time. They have very little credibility. Sure the media was quick to catch some black looters, running out of the stores. But, what started the looting? Once it starts, young, poor and frustrated people are more than likely to just say "what the hell, this looks like fun".

The demographics of a largely white, young, and destructive group fit more with a movement known as accelerationists than Black Lives Matter. The accelerationists, if you have never heard the term, are an extreme subset of white nationalism whose goal is to bring about chaos and destruction. The basic tenet of accelerationism argues that since Western governments are inherently corrupt, the best (and only) thing supremacists can do is to accelerate the end of society by sowing chaos and aggravating political tensions. “Accelerationist ideas have been cited in mass shooters’ manifestos — explicitly, in the case of the New Zealand killer — and are frequently referenced in white supremacist web forums and chat rooms,” Zack Beauchamp explained.

https://www.justsecurity.org/70497/far-right-infiltrators-and-agitators-in-george-floyd-protests-indicators-of-white-supremacists/

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Bush for all his faults and mistakes imo was sincere in his desire to make the world a better place(imagine if Iraq had a thriving democracy)I know it’s naive lol but that’s what he wanted compared to trump who sows hatred and division world wide not just domestically I might add so he can profit off the chaos it’s easy to see bush as the better man are we tired of winning yet?come on November enough of the chaos 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

So what's now? is it trump fault that unruly mobs are burning, shooting and looting everything in sight? hurting people who has nothing to do with issue at hand? in what country or constitution this is ok, just cause or not...

In a country founded in revolution?

• Like 2

Read the whole release by George. Great job mate ! It's well known that the Bush family have no lost love for Trump and have distanced themselves from him from the very beginning of the Presidential race due to Trumps mad racist utterances. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I was never a fan of Bush Jr. nor his fake and incredibly destructive and corrosive wars, but he is sounding like a dignified, elegant and wise man, compared to Trump, at this state, who remains defiantly, and astoundingly tone deaf, to the needs of Americans outside of his base of support. It appears as if he wants to declare war on younger, activist Americans, who are for the most part peacefully demonstrating, in the streets of cities, both small and large, across the nation. What is actually going on, and who actually started all of this rioting, which plays right into Trump's self imagined strongman image. 

There are alot of alternative views, from the ones promoted by the feds, who I, and millions of level headed Americans distrust to a stunning extent. Talk about political bias. As if they do not have one? Look at who they report to. This is just one possible scenario. We just do not know. But, to take the federal government at face value is a dangerous thing to do, at this point in time. They have very little credibility. Sure the media was quick to catch some black looters, running out of the stores. But, what started the looting? Once it starts, young, poor and frustrated people are more than likely to just say "what the hell, this looks like fun".

The demographics of a largely white, young, and destructive group fit more with a movement known as accelerationists than Black Lives Matter. The accelerationists, if you have never heard the term, are an extreme subset of white nationalism whose goal is to bring about chaos and destruction. The basic tenet of accelerationism argues that since Western governments are inherently corrupt, the best (and only) thing supremacists can do is to accelerate the end of society by sowing chaos and aggravating political tensions. “Accelerationist ideas have been cited in mass shooters’ manifestos — explicitly, in the case of the New Zealand killer — and are frequently referenced in white supremacist web forums and chat rooms,” Zack Beauchamp explained.

https://www.justsecurity.org/70497/far-right-infiltrators-and-agitators-in-george-floyd-protests-indicators-of-white-supremacists/

So in your rational level headed opinion, white supremacists have put aside their hatred to hang out with black folk and go looting.   Guess in your level headed opinion this must be a good thing for race relations to have that bonding experience.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Scum calling out scum. 

W was an principled (and flawed, but aren't we all?) man who was ill served by the hawkish remnants of his father's administration, men who harbored an evil agenda.  Because of that, I agree that his administration was tragic in its failures.  And obviously, the buck stops with him.

But to call him scum isn't very accurate.  Nor is comparing him with The Donald.

Edited by impulse

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This is a strange world. I never thought I would think America would have such a bad president that George W. Bush looks like a statesman in comparison.

Most of us thought Bush was bad. And now we look at Trump and think how good Bush was in comparison. Strange times.

wasn't bush sorta responsible for the death of about 1 million people from iraq ? based on a lie none the less. not comparing the situation of today to that but to say bush was better than trump(and no i don't support the orange man either) is a little off. 

now watch me hit this drive.

• Like 1

Bush has gone senile. It's a good match for Biden. They should <deleted> and work on their non-political bucket lists. They've already done enough damage to America and the world at large. Or have we forgotten about the invasion of Iraq already?

• Thanks 1