How many days since no new domestic covid cases?

Trujillo

Mr. Barrow might know this, as it seems to be his hobby to keep track of these things, but for at least a month (I think) all the new cases reflected in the government daily releases appear to be from returning Thais from other countries. 

I'm curious if he or anyone knows definitively when the last wholly domestic case was recorded by the government (Department of Disease Control -- Covid) in Thailand.

I believe the last domestic case was on 25th May

A Thai woman whose husband in Phuket was previously infected - a couple of days before that there was a case in Bangkok.

Since then all cases were returnees in quarantine

So 8 days since the last domestic transmission

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

i'm tired of reading about covid19 ....  how about some good news for a change

You can buy as much booze as you like, the beaches are open, the swimming pools are open, how much good news do you need?

(Sorry, but I may have lowered my expectations a bit since this all started, lol.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

You can buy as much booze as you like, the beaches are open, the swimming pools are open, how much good news do you need?

(Sorry, but I may have lowered my expectations a bit since this all started, lol.)

Your first answer will keep Steven100 happy.????

14 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Yet they recently had a 1,000 cases and a few deaths of dengue fever and the province escapes me...

The Thai gov is all about control now...Flights from the usa will begin in 2021....

Too soon.

11 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Only 58 deaths out of a population of nearly 70 million sounds like pretty good news to me. 

Every news website online + several TV-channels reports about the coronavirus situation EVERY day. How is it possible to miss that info? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"It's been 21 days in CM since that one case courtesy of Phuket."

And how many days was it before that? I was at least a month, or was it? 

About 32 days.

So as of today, the 5th, we could say that Thailand has had only one local (domestic) case of covid in the past 54 days....

One could say then that covid is pretty much in the rear-view mirror now, right? 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 8:49 AM, Trujillo said:

Only 58 deaths out of a population of nearly 70 million sounds like pretty good news to me. 

Miraculous, I'd say, while ignoring what the "facts on the ground" probably were, and are, and wishing it were "truth."

~o37;

p.s. I consider it likely that there are no "facts on the ground" in Amazing T.

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction

On 6/3/2020 at 8:09 PM, Max69xl said:

Every news website online + several TV-channels reports about the coronavirus situation EVERY day. How is it possible to miss that info? 

how is possible to believe it ?

~o:37;

• Haha 1