No confirmation on when international tourists can return to Thailand: PM

webfact

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

But we know who is affected by this virus and it's not the majority of the populations. If you are in thoses groups, then take care, if not, time to party on.

We don't know who is affected, we know that certain age groups are more than affected than others but that doesn't mean a 20 year is bullet-proof and a 60 year is defintely going to die. Does it mean that I can't hug my parents anymore ? I don't know if I am a carrier although I suspect I've had it...oh, on that note does that mean I won't get it again, does it mean that I won't pass it on to anyone else ? People from BAME are more likely to die from the virus, should they be on permanent furlough ?

Theres too many variables.

Hopefully we'll see a return to some sort of normaility over the next few weeks but lets not be selfish here and think about others. There's already evidence that people are ignoring social distancing, you only have to look at the demonstration in London yesterday for Black Lives Matter.

1 minute ago, redwood1 said:

This Corona madness will not be over until peoples T.V tells them its over...The T.V defines what reality is.....

I was watching the daily UK press briefing and the politician said something like “nobody in the country expects that we will go back to how we were before”.  <deleted>

On 6/3/2020 at 6:26 AM, JCP108 said:

With or without a method, they will remove the 14-day quarantine for Chinese travelers or I will eat my hat. 

Why would they?

What is that obsession with China on TV ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

We don't know who is affected, we know that certain age groups are more than affected than others but that doesn't mean a 20 year is bullet-proof and a 60 year is defintely going to die. Does it mean that I can't hug my parents anymore ? I don't know if I am a carrier although I suspect I've had it...oh, on that note does that mean I won't get it again, does it mean that I won't pass it on to anyone else ? People from BAME are more likely to die from the virus, should they be on permanent furlough ?

Theres too many variables.

Hopefully we'll see a return to some sort of normaility over the next few weeks but lets not be selfish here and think about others. There's already evidence that people are ignoring social distancing, you only have to look at the demonstration in London yesterday for Black Lives Matter.

We have a very good idea now statistically who is at risk. Anyone under 65 who is in good health is basically risk free. And overall the virus has an IFR of a bad flu season. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

We have a very good idea now statistically who is at risk. Anyone under 65 who is in good health is basically risk free. And overall the virus has an IFR of a bad flu season. 

No, they are not risk free. They are less likely to die from it.

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

No, they are not risk free. They are less likely to die from it.

it was calculated the numbers were less than the risk of drowning. ie absolutely minimal. We have risk all the time in our lives. In the UK every year, almost 6,000 people die in home accidents  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Who knows but do you want to find out ?

We only have history to go on and the HK and Spanish Flu both had devasting "second" waves

OK, so, media hype - unless you happen to be over 80 and have "pre-conditions" like diabetes and are obese or have had previous flu vaccinations? (as they lower your tolerance!)

Edited by CGW
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

OK, so, media hype - unless you happen to be over 80 and have "pre-conditions" like diabetes and are obese?

YOu can draw your own conclusions from evidence available.

Personally I am going to follow the advise of people are are much more knowledgable than myself (and even TV posters) - scientists. They could be wrong of course but why risk it.

This lockdown is a pain in the butt, I have a wife and children in Thailand who I am crying out to see but I have to believe that our Government is doing what they are doing for the best interests of us all. Incidentally I am a key worker and getting no help from the government nor can I work from home. I'm also over 45 where the chances of me dying from this increase.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Yes they are hard at work right now trying to think up a explanation why the Chinese will not need quarantine but the farangs absolutely will need quarantine......

Worst case scenario, the Chinese are allowed in on an air bridge and no one else. Call it a precondition of their citizens travelling there and of course the CCP take a bigger hand in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

End of conversation - I think the "governments are following an agenda, the last thing they care about is our "best interests" ???? IMO

Good luck....

Yes, they of course love paying billions for people to sit home doing nothing, putting people out of jobs, wrecking the economy...

Now it's ended ????

• Like 1

Just now, Chelseafan said:

Yes, they of course love paying billions for people to sit home doing nothing, putting people out of jobs, wrecking the economy...

Now it's ended ????

It's borrowed money over an infinite amount of years to pay back.

52 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

If they wanted to stop the protests they could, but they didn't, so social distancing doesn't matter to that age group as we already know.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

I was watching the daily UK press briefing and the politician said something like “nobody in the country expects that we will go back to how we were before”.  <deleted>

Grants Shapps is another knob and with more monitoring coming, why would the government want things to go back to where they were.

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's borrowed money over an infinite amount of years to pay back.

If they wanted to stop the protests they could, but they didn't, so social distancing doesn't matter to that age group as we already know.

So they aren't going home to their parents/grandparents then.

10 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Worst case scenario, the Chinese are allowed in on an air bridge and no one else. Call it a precondition of their citizens travelling there and of course the CCP take a bigger hand in Thailand.

Hopefully the air bridge will collapse when they are all on it!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

So they aren't going home to their parents/grandparents then.

Everyone will die at some point, the stats are quite clear everyone is not going to die from this virus. This nonsense needs to stop, luckily people are taking to the streets for another reason, but these protests will soon be about unemployment and it's the young who it will affect the most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Everyone will die at some point, the stats are quite clear everyone is not going to die from this virus. This nonsense needs to stop, luckily people are taking to the streets for another reason, but these protests will soon be about unemployment and it's the young who it will affect the most.

40,000 dead in the UK and you call it nonsense. That's harsh!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Forget money whats happening goes way way beyond money....The people at the top of the pyramid have more money than they could spend in 1,000 lifetimes money means nothing to them....Whats happening is all about control and power....

If you say so. In the words of the Euryhmics, who am I to disagree ????

Boris is taking advice from scienticists, virologists etc, but you do what you want to do as you know better, just don't came near me or my family ????

I was in Hyde Park 2 weeks ago getting drunk with a friend and went around another's garden last Sunday doing the same. Had a nice cycle today practising bunny hops and got sore shoulders now. There is a dirt track I can go to and meet up with others of a similar mind.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Most of those would have died anyway, like the 85 year old Eddie Large. Compared to the 600,000 who die every year it's a small percentage. Is it worth destroying the lives of millions for years to come?

Of course they would, we all die eventually but Covid shortened their life-span. The lockdown has reduced the amount of deaths, had we not done so that %age you mention would probably be a lot higher.

What the heck, let's just euthanise everyone over 65 and be done with it afterall they are a burden on society.