BANGKOK
webfact

No confirmation on when international tourists can return to Thailand: PM

Long term  visa was only granted to American citizens. Never European. Nothing change much

7 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

[Vietnam] Long term visa was only granted to American citizens. Never European. Nothing change much

Nothing changed much??

Duration of stay reduced to 1 month for all (Except people with WP and a few other non-tourist cases). Need to renew every month (rather than every 3 or 12 months). Very bad (and expensive) for those who want to stay long-term (retirees...)

• Like 1

To get this economy going, I would have thought that letting in those with bucks to spend would have been practical but then again, the country can afford to be choosy I suppose.

I guess a best solution to get marry as soon as possible. But if my wife dies ... What can I do ?

1 hour ago, Trolleen said:

I guess a best solution to get marry as soon as possible. But if my wife dies ... What can I do ?

Marry her sister.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Did I read that Vietnam will soon be opening up with no restrictions, guess what Thailand. My dollar is good in Vietnam maybe even Philippines. Go pound tar

Honestly, do you really think anyone anywhere is going to travel there?  Other than a few old foggies with too much time on their hands and money, nope.  

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Means stuff all. You live/visit Thailand and have "temporary permission of stay".

Very temporary, and getting shorter, infact just leave your money at the airport and go home for some more......... Kop Khun KRAAAAAPPPP. 

A flame has been removed

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes because there were no lockdowns in 1968. Assume for a minute that no country imposed a lockdown for Covid. We could be on a million or more deaths already. Swine Flu and SARS were contained relatively quickly so the damage was limited Unfortunately China held back far too long before telling the world of Covid.

It's important to point out that lock-downs and travel restrictions etc. were NEVER intended to prevent deaths.  They were ONLY intended to flatten the curve.  Put another way, they only change the date on the death certificates.

But now that gov'ts have gotten used to the power that people are allowing them to wield, the narrative seems to have changed.  Now they seem to want endless lock-downs and restrictions because....reasons.  You rarely hear them talk about flattening the curve as the reason anymore because the statistics show that's already happened.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, shdmn said:

But now that gov'ts have gotten used to the power that people allow them to yield, the narrative seem to have changed.  Now they seem to want endless lockdowns and restructions because....reasons.

Correct, reasons, because it suits them. I still think enhanced monitoring is their goal, all that data Google, Apple and Amazon have on us, the governments want a slice too.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blumpie said:

Honestly, do you really think anyone anywhere is going to travel there?  Other than a few old foggies with too much time on their hands and money, nope.  

Speak for yourself.  I'm looking at flights right now and not some old foggie.  It's just that as of this moment Thailand is a non-starter.  However, I'm fairly confident this silly idea of quarantining all tourists for 14 days will go away any day now. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1