BANGKOK
webfact

No confirmation on when international tourists can return to Thailand: PM

see how wave 2 and 3 pan out over the coming months 

socially deprived areas have high numbers of infected as they cant distance ,comparing apples with oranges again

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Now I know it means nothing. I am stuck in Newcastle, living with and relying on relatives. I am not allowed back into my "home".

Bigg Market shut and no St James's Park. Cruel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I thought I lived in Thailand. I worked there for many years and retired thinking they would put me in a wooden box there. I have 2 condos, cars, banking, long term associates and friends, a perfect visa history, never had to tangle with the authorities once in over 25 years.

I thought it was my home.

Now I know it means nothing. I am stuck in Newcastle, living with and relying on relatives. I am not allowed back into my "home".

Cant wait for the ban on foreigners to be lifted so I can come back and sell it all. And offer my middle finger to the "government".

How can I "live" in a country that does not even recognize my existence?

It's a harsh wake up call to the reality but we are all just here temporarily, unless we pay taxes on income, become PR, then become citizens.

Admittedly this is out of reach of most and many are too old or not able but that is what the Thais want and it is their country, so whom are we to argue? I'm sure a good few Brits and Aussies would want exactly the same policies in their own countries.

We always have the choice to take our spouses and family back home to our own countries where we enjoy more security and the family can become residents and citizens. 

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

see how wave 2 and 3 pan out over the coming months 

If wave "1" is anything to go by, I would forget 2 & 3, if they even occur...

In fact wave "1" saved more lives than any other fix tried to reduce road carnage...

7 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

We always have the choice to take our spouses and family back home to our own countries where we enjoy more security and the family can become residents and citizens. 

Correct, pretty sure that once they have the opportunity, a lot will do.

For many, the actual situation have been an eyeopener.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Correct, pretty sure that once they have the opportunity, a lot will do.

For many, the actual situation have been an eyeopener.

Sorry 2 x !?

Edited by luckyluke

27 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Cant wait for the ban on foreigners to be lifted so I can come back and sell it all. And offer my middle finger to the "government".

Over reaction IMHO.

You knew the rules already, and I suppose you visa say "Non Immigrant"...

It's not that this country doesn't recognize your existence, but just that you are not at the top of the list.

Where will you go BTW? Just read this forum and you will see that "priority is to repatriate our citizen" is a rule applied by many countries.

Many countries will let in nationals and residents (Taiwan, Hong Kong, many countries in Europe).

(And for the smartasses saying only with PR are you a resident: most people on retirement extension got a "Certicate of residence" when they got there drivers license. :))

There are not many countries that even refuse entry to nationals (China, Panama). Thailand is one of them. 

Before Covid,  this would have been very unusual. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, uhuh said:

There are not many countries that even refuse entry to nationals (China, Panama). Thailand is one of them. 

There's a lot more than that on your list of countries.  

Edited by Blumpie
ya

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

Many countries will let in nationals and residents (Taiwan, Hong Kong, many countries in Europe).

(And for the smartasses saying only with PR are you a resident: most people on retirement extension got a "Certicate of residence" when they got there drivers license. :))

The "certificate of residence" from Immigration is merely a proof of address. It certainly does not make you a resident. You can get the same thing from your country's embassy lol.

If you are on a non-immigrant visa your status is 'temporary visitor for purposes other than tourism.'

On 6/4/2020 at 10:22 PM, NB1986 said:

i really dont believe Chinese tourist groups will go to Quarantine for 14 days nobody will. 

Nobody does.

Believe it that is.

21 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If you are on a non-immigrant visa your status is 'temporary visitor for purposes other than tourism.'

Not everybody's does. mine says, "Top bloke, here to teach Thai women how to have ripper boom boom".

Well I think it does.......maybe I should have gone to Specsavers.