No confirmation on when international tourists can return to Thailand: PM

webfact

7 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

[Vietnam] Long term visa was only granted to American citizens. Never European. Nothing change much

Nothing changed much??

Duration of stay reduced to 1 month for all (Except people with WP and a few other non-tourist cases). Need to renew every month (rather than every 3 or 12 months). Very bad (and expensive) for those who want to stay long-term (retirees...)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Did I read that Vietnam will soon be opening up with no restrictions, guess what Thailand. My dollar is good in Vietnam maybe even Philippines. Go pound tar

Honestly, do you really think anyone anywhere is going to travel there?  Other than a few old foggies with too much time on their hands and money, nope.  

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Means stuff all. You live/visit Thailand and have "temporary permission of stay".

Very temporary, and getting shorter, infact just leave your money at the airport and go home for some more......... Kop Khun KRAAAAAPPPP. 

6 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes because there were no lockdowns in 1968. Assume for a minute that no country imposed a lockdown for Covid. We could be on a million or more deaths already. Swine Flu and SARS were contained relatively quickly so the damage was limited Unfortunately China held back far too long before telling the world of Covid.

It's important to point out that lock-downs and travel restrictions etc. were NEVER intended to prevent deaths.  They were ONLY intended to flatten the curve.  Put another way, they only change the date on the death certificates.

But now that gov'ts have gotten used to the power that people are allowing them to wield, the narrative seems to have changed.  Now they seem to want endless lock-downs and restrictions because....reasons.  You rarely hear them talk about flattening the curve as the reason anymore because the statistics show that's already happened.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, shdmn said:

But now that gov'ts have gotten used to the power that people allow them to yield, the narrative seem to have changed.  Now they seem to want endless lockdowns and restructions because....reasons.

Correct, reasons, because it suits them. I still think enhanced monitoring is their goal, all that data Google, Apple and Amazon have on us, the governments want a slice too.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blumpie said:

Honestly, do you really think anyone anywhere is going to travel there?  Other than a few old foggies with too much time on their hands and money, nope.  

Speak for yourself.  I'm looking at flights right now and not some old foggie.  It's just that as of this moment Thailand is a non-starter.  However, I'm fairly confident this silly idea of quarantining all tourists for 14 days will go away any day now. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fred110 said:

Didn't Vietnam stop issuing long term visas unless you're married to a vietnamese woman?

No idea. After the fourth visit I decided it was the home of corruption, impossible traffic and two facedness so I havent been back.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Speak for yourself.  I'm looking at flights right now.

I have already had 3 flight to Saigon pushed back "cancelled".

My Vietnamese friend of 6yr, with zero English cannot understand why even with flights BKK-Saigon available, quarantine on either leg is a deal breaker. 

Just emails " flight can"

Any advice how to convey that is very welcome. Thinking I can take weekend Saigon maybe September, without quarantine.

28 minutes ago, shdmn said:

But now that gov'ts have gotten used to the power that people are allowing them to wield, the narrative seems to have changed.  Now they seem to want endless lock-downs and restrictions because....reasons.  

You mean the lockdown that hasn't been especially restrictive compared to most countries and that has been eased in stages over the last eight weeks and will be completely ended by July 1st?  That one right?

So how is it an endless lockdown again?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you PM you are doing great job, while most effected countries are starting to running Economies and Tourism you are going to opposite direction, what actually does mean countries which have Epidemic under control is it 25 cases per 100.000 or maybe 1000 infected...i mean who will go for holidays under those conditions? You are just waiting for China to declare end of Epidemic and then you will open borders lets them rush in... In those you call special conditions, i really dont believe Chinese tourist groups will go to Quarantine for 14 days nobody will. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Traubert said:

No idea. After the fourth visit I decided it was the home of corruption, impossible traffic and two facedness so I havent been back.

Rather than just throw stuff out there back it up. 

Corruption....where and how worse that bordering countries.

Impossible traffic.,...compare Saigon to bkk. Surely that's a joke.

"Facedness" have zero idea what you mean.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

It's important to point out that lock-downs and travel restrictions etc. were NEVER intended to prevent deaths.  They were ONLY intended to flatten the curve.  Put another way, they only change the date on the death certificates.

But now that gov'ts have gotten used to the power that people are allowing them to wield, the narrative seems to have changed.  Now they seem to want endless lock-downs and restrictions because....reasons.  You rarely hear them talk about flattening the curve as the reason anymore because the statistics show that's already happened.

For sure but the worry is that if the lockdown finishes too quickly then there could be a second wave which could be devastating. I don't think that the UK Government is using this as a power trip after all they are bankrupting themselves (ourselves) by paying 80% of peoples salary. It's in their (our) interest to get people back to work as soon as possible

3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Back to work, I haven't done any in 5 years, had enough of busy bodies saying my jokes were offenisve to the fat women in the office.

I wish I could take a leaf our of your book....8 years 2 months to go ????

Why would there be a second wave in the UK. The virus exploded and peaked before the lockdown. Most people that would have been affected would have already. Same in Thailand. Researchers are now looking why populations are affected differently. Why is there higher level of immunity in Germany than UK. Why has SE Asia hardly been affected. 

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

I wish I could take a leaf our of your book....8 years 2 months to go ????

Duck and dive with some gambling, now finished due to covid-19 and affiliate marketing, that is getting tough due to social media not like adverts for certain niches with covid-19 going on.

20 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

For sure but the worry is that if the lockdown finishes too quickly then there could be a second wave which could be devastating.

As devastating as the "first" wave, or just media hype?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CGW said:

As devastating as the "first" wave, or just media hype?

Who knows but do you want to find out ?

We only have history to go on and the HK and Spanish Flu both had devasting "second" waves

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Who knows but do you want to find out ?

We only have history to go on and the HK and Spanish Flu both had devasting "second" waves

But we know who is affected by this virus and it's not the majority of the populations. If you are in thoses groups, then take care, if not, time to party on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NB1986 said:

Thank you PM you are doing great job, while most effected countries are starting to running Economies and Tourism you are going to opposite direction, what actually does mean countries which have Epidemic under control is it 25 cases per 100.000 or maybe 1000 infected...i mean who will go for holidays under those conditions? You are just waiting for China to declare end of Epidemic and then you will open borders lets them rush in... In those you call special conditions, i really dont believe Chinese tourist groups will go to Quarantine for 14 days nobody will. 

Yes they are hard at work right now trying to think up a explanation why the Chinese will not need quarantine but the farangs absolutely will need quarantine......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1