Jump to content
BANGKOK
No1Farang

Growing number of CCTV cameras on Samui

Recommended Posts

yes it is horrible. but get used to it. we had a big increase in cameras here in Hua Hin about two years ago. 

 

the police actually do track people as they leave the scene of the crime and is some cases all the way to their homes. no need to go outside in the heat. of course only after there is a outcry on Facebook that they do something. 

 

and the cameras are looking at traffic in intersections and recording those very entertaining videos of horrible accidents as Thais speed down the road with no cops in sight.     

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No1Farang said:

Instead of spending the money on making the road design safer they are spending it on the ability to have a video of the accident! 

There were cameras before in many the electric wire posts, now they got their own CCTV-posts, because an awful lot of money has been spend of making the roads safer, including new high capacity rain water sewers almost all over the island; repairing the former Samui-infamous "black holes"; new or improved pedestrian side walks; extending bridges with side walks; cleaning up the sign mess by the roads and putting up new clear signs with warnings about junctions etc.; new tarmac now almost all parts of the Ring Road for smoother ride; better markings stribes on the road,and in junctions with lane markings for straight and turn; and furthermore upgrading the CCTV cameras – really great work...👍🙂

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, No1Farang said:

Or are these cameras for something else?

Speed tickets.

Red/yellow light jumpers ticket.

etc.etc. (illegal takeover, - turn....).

...

They produce nice tickets with photo sent to your home.

 

Edited by KhunBENQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, khunPer said:

There were cameras before in many the electric wire posts, now they got their own CCTV-posts, because an awful lot of money has been spend of making the roads safer, including new high capacity rain water sewers almost all over the island; repairing the former Samui-infamous "black holes"; new or improved pedestrian side walks; extending bridges with side walks; cleaning up the sign mess by the roads and putting up new clear signs with warnings about junctions etc.; new tarmac now almost all parts of the Ring Road for smoother ride; better markings stribes on the road,and in junctions with lane markings for straight and turn; and furthermore upgrading the CCTV cameras – really great work...👍🙂

Now they just need to fix all the traffic lights that have been out for months (years), and the incinerator so they can reduce the trash mountain. AND of  course, make sure the CCTV is switched on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if I unintentionally upset you by posting the photos TE.

Just trying to show how it was last week.

Who mentioned floods? Not me.

By the way, the new boy on the block has lived in Plai Laem for 18 years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Now they just need to fix all the traffic lights that have been out for months (years), and the incinerator so they can reduce the trash mountain. AND of  course, make sure the CCTV is switched on.

The stopped using traffic light, as traffic runs better without them, Bophut-Fisman Village intersection is a good example (apart from comparing with the long periode with road work). In Nathong the traffic light was changed to a roundabout.

 

The incinerators – the should be two – is a different story, and probably also budget...:whistling:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timendres said:

Or those aware of where it can lead us...

–and find terrorists, murders, rapers and other criminals. If you got nothing to hide, I don't see any reason to fear...🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, khunPer said:

–and find terrorists, murders, rapers and other criminals. If you got nothing to hide, I don't see any reason to fear...🤔

 

Right up until they tie your facial recognition to your online persona and determine they really don't like your behavior and the things you say about the BIB and Thais in general.  How many bars and how many hookers last week alone?  And all those illegal u-turns?  Good guys in, bad guys out...

 

To be fair, I don't mean you personally.  I've generally enjoyed reading your posts.  But a lot of the guys on here...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...