Video: Miracle escape for driver and passengers after dramatic high speed crash in Krabi

webfact

Video: Miracle escape for driver and passengers after dramatic high speed crash in Krabi

5pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Dramatic dash cam footage from a Honda Accord showed the moment a pick-up driver lost control of his vehicle on a bend in Krabi and collide side on/head on.

Eight people - including a two year old boy - who had been in the pick-up were scattered all over the place when police and rescue services arrived. They were all from Thung Yai and all survived and were taken to hospital. 

The victims were aged 50, 19 (2), 18, 17 (2), 14 and the two year old infant. 

The 50 year driver of the Accord called Pongsak was at the scene with only minor injuries and was able to give police the dash cam footage and relate what happened. 

He said he had been to a friend's house and was off to the bank when the pick-up slammed into him. 

77kaoded said that the slippery conditions contributed to the accident that occurred on the Khao Phanom to Thung Yai Road in the province in southern Thailand.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-03

12 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

I always drive that fast it must have been the wet conditions or just bad luck !!!!!

Or the fact he had different size wheels on the back to the front. Why do they do this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, mr_lob said:

road's fault again

Not really , more the fault of the rain for making the road wet.  Not the driver's fault anyway , he always drives at that speed and never had THAT happen before , well not on this bit of road anyway.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

So slippery conditions, and the pickup driver was still bombing along like a bloody lunatic.. bloody pathetic.

Luckily nobody was killed due to his stupidity.

Usual driving mentality, nothing changes.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Seeing the damage to the truck around 1 minute in shows how hard it got hit. Those in the back are extremely fortunate to still be with us.

Love the "slippery conditions" contributed to the accident, as opposed to the reality that a complete idiot was wholly responsible, or should I say irresponsible.

Do you think the 2 cars will be right offs ?  would be the case in the UK but here ?  I have a friend whose 4 year old pick up hit an unlit stationary truck at night on a country road . The cab was badly damaged but the insurance would not right it off , instead repaired it with a new can etc and saved themselves 50,000 baht . Took about 5 months and no free loan car 

perforating old tires with 'new' patterns craved is big business, and in my opinion the real reason for   'failed brakes' exploding Tires and loosing control when the old and worn out tire's  are still mounted on the vehicle, i make a habit when i have to stop for traffic lights to look around and asses the condition of tires around me, es[especially trucks drive with slicks and perforated junk, no room for error ..............it's lethal