Maths teacher who lost 80K a month on the lottery gave up - now she says she's "won the lottery!"

webfact

Maths teacher who lost 80K a month on the lottery gave up - now she says she's "won the lottery!"

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath went to investigate after an amusing online post from a female Thai teacher who said she felt she had won the lottery after giving up her addiction. 

Araya, 52, a mathematics teacher at Roi-Et Withayalai in Thailand's north east for 30 years said that three years after quitting playing the lottery she has built a house, has three rai of land and will soon be getting a Mercedes Benz. 

Her online post garnered much attention because she pictured herself surrounded by thousands of losing tickets from playing the lottery for three years. In that time Araya only won small prizes related to getting the last two or three digits right.

She said that she spent 30-40,000 baht a time, twice a month on the lottery.

She said that she got the money by doing after hours special tutoring. 

Now three years after quitting she recognises that she has finally "won the lottery". 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-03

31 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

A Math teacher who didnt understand the numbers !....555555

If she had won 3 million she would have only got around her 3 yr spend returned.

Never understood where all this Lottery money goes ? Same ticket price as UK, same size population (nearly) and yet the Top prize here is 6 mil and the Uk around 200 mil !! and we never hear of "good causes" being funded either. so where is it all going ???? ................or do we know the answer to that already....sshhhhh

The lottery website has all the details of what they do with the money.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, lesmac said:

The worst and most expensive lottery in the world, with the lowest payout

So I also heard for many years and was happy that I only play my home country's Lotto, until I finally checked facts, and realized that the Thai lottery has better odds...????

Luckily I've never been addicted – spend equivalent to $2 a week to win $1,000,000 or (much) more, depending of jackpot – so now I have about $100 a year to play the stock market instead...????

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Araya, 52, a mathematics teacher at Roi-Et Withayalai in Thailand's north east for 30 years said that three years after quitting playing the lottery she has built a house, has three rai of land and will soon be getting a Mercedes Benz.

Explains a lot... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

will soon be getting a Mercedes Benz. 

Will she pay cash for that ?, i'd be interested to know how much she owes in loans, land, house, car. Que the teachers unable to pay back their loans. I sure wouldn't want her to teach kids of mine.