How to cancel Cigna

HKwang 12

Does anyone have a good way to contact Cigna Global insurance ,so I can cancel my policy.

My number is not in online data base but is okay when I call ..but when I call i am is sent to department thats closed.

They do not seem to like to answer emails either??

Is there and agent or number in Thailand that could be contacted ?

29 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Cigna Thailand is nto Cigna Global

They are probably all working from home these days

Have you logged onto the website Customer Care area?

Sales team number is + 44 (0)1475 492119 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm GMT)

The customer care number is +44 1475 788 182

You are probably required to inform them in writing. Suggest you send a letter by express mail or courier. Address should be indicated in your policy along with relevant terms regarding cancellation

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Cigna Thailand is nto Cigna Global

That´s strange. They have exactly the same logotype. Google also say that it´s subsidiarie of Cigna Worldwide Insurance Company.

Cigna Worldwide have exactly the same address as Cigna seen on Cigna.com

Cigna - Cigna Global and Cigna.co.th is all using the same logo. I think that makes the answer simple.

Please check that and correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Address should be indicated in your policy along with relevant terms regarding cancellation

If looking for the one in Bloomfield USA, they have also changed address, so the chance that the wrong one is on the insurance letter is high.

Before it was: 1 Beaver Valley Road 3 west Bloomfield, CT 19803 United States

Now it is: 900 Cottage Grove Road, Bloomfield, CT 06002

Edited by Matzzon

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That´s strange. They have exactly the same logotype. Google also say that it´s subsidiarie of Cigna Worldwide Insurance Company.

Cigna Worldwide have exactly the same address as Cigna seen on Cigna.com

Cigna - Cigna Global and Cigna.co.th is all using the same logo. I think that makes the answer simple.

Please check that and correct me if I am wrong.

They are subsidiaries of the same umbrella parent company but completely independent of each other.

Cigna Thailand only issues local policies to Thai citizens.

Cigna Global issues expatriate policies worldwide.

Cigna USA issues policies to US residents for care in the USA.

So very different products and one cannot do anything regarding a  policy issued by the other.

They also differ geratly in their overall quality and payment history. And, they come under completely different legal jurisdictions, which also affects what they can and cannot do.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies

I am dealing with Cigna global with expat insurance. For some reason I or policy ,does not rate online service.

I can not get thru to with the UK numbers ,the US numbers try to transfer but also useless.

2 hours ago, HKwang 12 said:

Thanks for the replies

I am dealing with Cigna global with expat insurance. For some reason I or policy ,does not rate online service.

I can not get thru to with the UK numbers ,the US numbers try to transfer but also useless.

US office can't help you anyhow. They do not handle these policies.

All Cigna Hlibal policies allow use of the online service but you have to register for it. Also no guarantee you can cancel a policy online so migjt not be worth the hassle to do.

I suggest you send a letter if cancellation by courier with signature of receipt required.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Don´t policies issued by Cigna Global expire automatically after 12 months unless you pay the premium for the next cover period before the current period ends?

My current cover period ends Sep 2020 and after I received the renewal proposal earlier today, I am not sure I will stay with them going forward. Compared to 2 years ago the premium I am asked to pay for the next period is up by 32%. If that is prologue to what is to be expected going forward, I am quickly getting priced out of the market. ????

3 hours ago, DUS said:

Don´t policies issued by Cigna Global expire automatically after 12 months unless you pay the premium for the next cover period before the current period ends?

My current cover period ends Sep 2020 and after I received the renewal proposal earlier today, I am not sure I will stay with them going forward. Compared to 2 years ago the premium I am asked to pay for the next period is up by 32%. If that is prologue to what is to be expected going forward, I am quickly getting priced out of the market. ????

yes, Cigna or any other insurer, if you don't pay the premium the policy will lapse

It sounds like you jumped an age bracket. Their rates are based on 5 year age groupings. So no age related increases  year by year but then a big one (32% sounds about right) when you cross from one age bracket to another. Then after that you will have no age related increases for the next 4 years. Then rinse and repeat.

All insurers raise rates with age and Cigna is no worse than others and if anything a bit less expensive. Some do the age increases yearly, some do as Cigna does and increase at 5 year intervals.

I have also had some communications difficulties with Cigna Global although emails sent to customer service are acknowledged. The service thereafter seems lacking.

Edited by Mapguy

Yes, customer service at Cigna Global is poor. I changed from them to April for that reason. But on the other hand, Cigna premiums are lower, and they will newly insure at any age.

i suspect the lower rates and poor customer service are related, they skimp on admin costs, hire young/inexperienced people and too few of them etc.

They do pay valid claims and we have members who had claims in excess of 3 million baht promptly payed in full direct to the hospital. And like most international insurers they do nto raise rated based on claim history. So there are pluses.