Starting young! "Wunderkind" was on a motorcycle at six now he's brilliant behind the wheel of dad's tractor and backhoe

webfact

Starting young! "Wunderkind" was on a motorcycle at six now he's brilliant behind the wheel of dad's tractor and backhoe

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News went to Chantaburi in Thailand's east to investigate after reports came in that a seven year old boy had been dubbed a "wunderkind" for expertly driving his dad's backhoe and tractor. 

In Klong Phlu sub-district  they met Thaenphim, 29, the proud father of Benten, 7. 

Dad - an orchard keeper who runs a business preparing land for planting - said it was all true about his amazing son.

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Benten hopped on a pushbike for the first time at age 4 and away he went.

By six he was riding the family's motorcycle with sidecar attachment. 

Now he is a dab hand with backhoe and tractor.

He gave a demonstration of his skills as his father told the press that no one had ever taught his son how to ride and drive - he's a natural. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-03

• Like 2

Not long back there was a young boy "expert" motorcylist ripping around the Sankhampaeng area of Chiang Mai on a Superbike. He was such an expert that he managed to wipe out two young school girls in Bo Sang.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Not long back there was a young boy "expert" motorcylist ripping around the Sankhampaeng area of Chiang Mai on a Superbike. He was such an expert that he managed to wipe out two young school girls in Bo Sang.

Cool story bro, but irrelevant to the OP

3 hours ago, time2093 said:

Nothing new here as its quite normal to see little kids as young as 6 years old drive motorbikes and tractors here in rural Issan. Parents here just dont give a dam and let their kids do what they want. My son is 14 years old and I dont let him touch a motorbike let alone drive one after been to a few funerals of kids his age die in motorbike accidents here. Call me over protective as seeing one to many kids getting smashed up and die in motorbike accidents will do that.

Yeah, you seem to be coddling the kid way too much, depending on the traffic getting the kid used to MB's is a good idea at age 14. I'm not saying cruising on Suk but you know some quiet areas where he can practice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

And there lies the problems with most of the Thai drivers on the roads.

They get no lessons, but think they know the lot ! 

And soon maybe an accident or dead, sorry for them!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Here is a serious accident waiting to happen ! and the post by "Phuketshrew" was TOTALLY relevant. We are talking about young children being illegally in charge of masses of moving metal here !

In the states kids on farms do the same before they are legal. I was riding mini bikes on the road age 10, 90cc MC age 12, trucks on the road age 14.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

That's how it all start.Letting the kids Play/ride/drive at home ,than they Think that they can do Anything (ego , macho) and Invade the Roads and go off the Rails and Without Protection and License. A lot off them finish up Hurting /Killing someone or Causing an Accident. :crying:

3 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Cool story bro, but irrelevant to the OP

I don't think it is irrelevant. Makes me sad that parents are so dumb to let their young kids ride motorbikes. Considering 22000 people die on Thai roads each year is an article that it is so wonderful that a kid 6yo can drive a tractor really responsible? I can imagine my 13 yo nephew saying to his mum(dad died in a bike smash) "If he can do it why can't I".

18 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

And there lies the problems with most of the Thai drivers on the roads.

They get no lessons, but think they know the lot ! 

maybe in a few years he will be able to see over the front and watch what he's doing!

news_KsePnZWWqL110658_533.jpg.6b3538f5b636b4122913b4fc5e6c20cd.jpg