Anyone flown out of Thailand recently?

Is anyone planning a "One way trip" with potential 14-day quarantine on the other end?

Depending on where you'll be flying, the plane may be 'packed' (no spacing) and with all passengers required to mask and glove for the entirety of the flight, and no food or drink allowed.

The individual airlines should be posting their requirements on their official websites, and in the boarding paperwork.  

...many airlines may have passenger requirements similar to this, some airline/flights with limited or no food/drink service:

Mandatory safety requirements:

1. Passengers must undergo all medical checks required prior to check-in and/or embarkation
  2. Passengers must wear masks, gloves and shoe covers during the flight.
  3. Passenger will not be allowed to take cabin baggage with them on board and instead will be accepted as check-in baggage , this will be in addition to their normal baggage allowance.
  4. Excess baggage will be collected according to normal rules.
  5. Passengers can take small personal belongings (VAL, electronics, and medication).
  6. Passenger shall strictly adhere to all verbal and/or written measures and instructions provided by the PIC and/or crew during flight, particularly in relation to health, safety, security and seat allocation or re-allocation;
  7. Passengers should ensure that full and accurate contact information are inserted in the booking; failure to provide such information will result in offloading the passenger.
  8. Passenger should ensure being at the airport three hours prior departure.
  9. Passenger should ensure that he/she is permitted to enter the country for which he/she issued the ticket.

12 minutes ago, RichCor said:

...many airlines may have passenger requirements similar to this, some airline/flights with limited or no food/drink service:

Mandatory safety requirements:

1. Passengers must undergo all medical checks required prior to check-in and/or embarkation
  2. Passengers must wear masks, gloves and shoe covers during the flight.
  3. Passenger will not be allowed to take cabin baggage with them on board and instead will be accepted as check-in baggage , this will be in addition to their normal baggage allowance.
  4. Excess baggage will be collected according to normal rules.
  5. Passengers can take small personal belongings (VAL, electronics, and medication).
  6. Passenger shall strictly adhere to all verbal and/or written measures and instructions provided by the PIC and/or crew during flight, particularly in relation to health, safety, security and seat allocation or re-allocation;
  7. Passengers should ensure that full and accurate contact information are inserted in the booking; failure to provide such information will result in offloading the passenger.
  8. Passenger should ensure being at the airport three hours prior departure.
  9. Passenger should ensure that he/she is permitted to enter the country for which he/she issued the ticket.

What airline is this?

Qatar Air mention mask only.

The only one that concerns me is hand carry.

Edited by HashBrownHarry
  • Like 1

That was from Royal Jordanian. I was looking for what the IATA was requiring of airlines as a minimum, but the site only had a "Preventing Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Guideline for Airlines" (PDF) covers everything but the passengers.

Emirites has said passengers will be required to wear masks and gloves provided by the airline. 

Qatar flight crew likely will be wearing full PPE, while the passengers are only required to provide and wear face masks

Emirates unveils new Covid-19 protections as flights resume

Qatar Airways takes new steps in Covid-19 battle

Qatar Airways takes new steps in Covid-19 battle

AirAsia (probably not of interest) now has the following restrictions regarding carry-on:

COVID-19 Update: To ensure social distancing among passengers and to minimise contact with overhead compartment and surfaces onboard,  we are temporarily revising our cabin baggage policy effective from the date of flight resumption

These allowed items must comply with the following conditions to be carried into the aircraft cabin. 

• MUST NOT exceed 40cm (Height) x 30cm (Width) x 10cm (Length)
  • MUST NOT weigh more than 7kg
  • MUST FIT under the seat in front of you

If your cabin baggage cannot fit under the seat in front of you,

• You will be given a complimentary check in for the cabin bag that weighs less than 7kg. Please check-in your baggage at the counter.
  • If the bag weighs more than 7kg, extra airport charges apply for each kg of weight.
  • The 7kg complimentary check-in baggage should be treated separately from the standard check-in baggage.

LH flights to FRA are packed. I flew mid May, my wife just arrived today. Mask requirement respected but moot point when food is served. I couldn’t wear the mask for the full 12 hour flight. mid May didn’t have drink service (except large water bottle for everybody) and no dining choices. My wife had drink service but still no dining choices. Entry qualification control both in BKK and FRA are tough. They held up my wife 2.5 hours at immigration this morning. 
Can’t wait for things to go back to normal. 

Edited by bbz404

On 6/3/2020 at 8:14 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

What airline is this?

Qatar Air mention mask only.

The only one that concerns me is hand carry.

Why don't you check with your airline instead of asking here? There must be info at their website. 

13 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why don't you check with your airline instead of asking here? There must be info at their website. 

Agreed but I think the OP was asking for personal experience which could differ from the published information.

Forget hazmat suites and all this masked Covid insanity and all this social distancing rubbish.....This is how I want to fly........In the good old days sexy stewardesses made flying fun.....

E0D6NwF2Jg2y.jpg

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

He would, if he hadn't already booked, boarded, flown, circled, landed, deplaned, collected his baggage, got a cab, did a bit of light rioting in London, then went home already (see post #6).  The experience didn't exactly match the Qatar Airways brochure description (or the one on the company website), but was close.

On 6/3/2020 at 5:46 PM, RichCor said:

Is anyone planning a "One way trip" with potential 14-day quarantine on the other end?

Depending on where you'll be flying, the plane may be 'packed' (no spacing) and with all passengers required to mask and glove for the entirety of the flight, and no food or drink allowed.

The individual airlines should be posting their requirements on their official websites, and in the boarding paperwork.  

Yes, one way trip to France. Supposed to be a direct flight according to Embassy but then they list indirect bookable ones too!. Compulsory home confinement for 2 weeks there at the moment.

Flew Bkk to lhr with eva air yesterday. No difference apart from stewardess were wearing masks , gloves , glasses , all passengers seemed to wear masks but seating was full , despite spacial seating at the gate while waiting. 

On 6/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, RichCor said:

AirAsia has very recently e.mailed a comprehensive document to all in their database (I guess that includes their Big RED' members and perhaps every past passenger, given that giving an e.mail address is required for all bookings).

It included details of masks, seating etc., etc. and their new arrangements for 'no contact' check-in, bag deposit, kiosk check-in, and on-board food arrangements, new cabin baggage rules, etc.

I wish I could attach a copy but in error I deleted their mail. If any other members kept their mail would share by posting it here. Thanks.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

If any other members kept their mail would share by posting it here. Thanks.

This is what I get for being the big family's defacto online price check and booking agent, I received multiple copies in various languages. Here you go:

airasia.png

md_850752.png

As domestic and international travel restrictions are expected to be eased, we’re preparing to welcome you onboard. At AirAsia, we're committed to safe flying. 'Safety First' has always been our core value. In addition to the existing procedures, we have put in place new and enhanced initiatives to ensure your safety, health and comfort.

As you prepare to fly, let us show you how we're making flying safe for you.

We Remain Focused on Safety
Safety always comes first at AirAsia, and we’ve strengthened our already stringent safety standards to help manage COVID-19. 

Watch this video to learn about our enhanced safety standards:

md_850757.png

We’re Practising Additional Cleaning and Hygiene Measures
From disinfecting the aircraft regularly to our hospital-grade HEPA filters (which remove 99.9% of all particles including viruses) we are maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness on board all our aircraft. 

Watch this video to learn about how we keep our aircraft cabin clean for you:

md_850756.png

We’ve Gone Contactless
We’ve always been a progressive and digitally-led company, which means in many destinations we are able to offer a range of contactless procedures throughout the customer journey to minimise contact with people and surfaces. This includes check-in, bag drop and boarding, so you can control your own process.

Watch this video to understand the new contactless procedures in place:

md_850753.png

We’re Protecting Those Most at Risk
We understand that there may be some guests requiring additional assistance throughout this time including expectant mothers, those in a wheelchair or in an at-risk age group. We’ve put in place considerations so that everyone can travel with confidence and convenience as we enter the new norm of flying.

Watch this video to understand how we ensure everyone can travel safely:

md_850754.png

We’ve Maintained Checks and Servicing of Our Aircraft Even During Hibernation
We’re ensuring our aircraft are always serviced and well maintained, even during the hibernation period. Our ground crew continue to work hard to make sure safety checks and regular servicing are performed across the entire fleet.

Read this article to learn more about how we maintain our aircraft throughout hibernation: Fly Safe with AirAsia Series: Keeping our Aircraft Safe for You

We’ve Resumed Selected Domestic Flights
After a period of hibernation, it feels great to have unclipped our wings and take off to the skies again. We began selected domestic flights in Malaysia on 29 April, in Thailand on 1 May and in India on 25 May. We hope to resume flights in the Philippines, Indonesia and Japan too, soon.

Watch this video to hear from Riad Asmat, CEO of AirAsia Malaysia on the health & safety protocols that have been put in place:

md_850755.png

AirAsia continues to work closely with regulators, local governments, civil aviation and health authorities, including the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and to adhere to their expert advice.

When the time is right for you to travel again, we will be here, ready to welcome you on board safely and with a smile. 

#InThisTogether

Skytrax Awards

Download our apps now: iOS | Android
My Bookings | Check-in | Flight status | Support
©2020 AirAsia Group Berhad

facebook.png   instagram.png   twitter.png

Wow. There were a LOT of tracking cookies in those links.

Edited by RichCor
Replacing with Direct link for clickable objects