Thai man, 80, tries to murder son in Pathum Thani

webfact

Thai man, 80, tries to murder son in Pathum Thani

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A stabbing incident at a house in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok has revealed a cycle of violent abuse in a Thai family. 

A son has said his father would be dead by now if he had fought back, reported Sanook. 

Klong Luang police were called to a two story house in Moo 2 where 54 year old Kitti was covered in blood from stab wounds to his back, head and neck. 

Efforts were made to staunch the blood before the victim was rushed to hospital in a police vehicle. 

On the ground exhausted was the man who had done the stabbing - Kitti's father Suwat aged 80. He was also covered in blood next to three bloodstained kitchen knives.

Here are the comments of those involved in the family drama:

Suphawan, 78, the wife of Sawat and mother to Kitti: "Two days ago my husband took a rolled up newspaper and whacked his grandson in the eye. Our son told him to stop and this caused stress to build up.

"Then this morning Sawat asked our daughter-in-law where she kept the kitchen knives and thinking nothing of it she handed over the whole lot that were kept in a holder".

Kitti the stabbing victim: "We were always arguing over him beating up my children. If I fought back dad would be dead right now".

Sawat, the assailant: "I was furious with my grandson because he was annoying his younger sibling. I guess a lot of this stemmed from when I kicked my son off the house when he was five years old". 

Police took Sawat in for questioning along with the bloodstained knives. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-03

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

I guess a lot of this stemmed from when I kicked my son off the house when he was five years old". 

now I start to think if he is worse or not than my ex-wife ... she tortured mentally & physically our child behind my back for years since young age and forced my child to keep it a secret or there would be more beatings... kicked her out of the house, my ex, when I found out...

no shame, no remorse, no guilt

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He seems a violent old bugga, "I kicked my son off the house when he was five years old". 

regards Worgeordie

Lost in translation I think, read original article...the kicking son out of the house part.....regardless, violent old coot !!

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If it was my dad, it would be game over, i.e. I would get the wife and kids out of there, never to see his face again.

See ya dad.. enjoy cooking for yourself.. byeeeee

• Haha 1