Tears at the graveside: Mum exhumes the body of missing "pretty"

webfact

Tears at the graveside: Mum exhumes the body of missing "pretty" 

9pm.jpg

There were tears aplenty as missing hostess or pretty Yupha "Oil" Sridech from Phetchabun was exhumed from a Chinese cemetery in Chonburi yesterday.

Oil was never identified and was buried in an unmarked grave after being found murdered. 

Later it was feared she was a victim of notorious Bangkok serial killer "Ice - Metal Casket". His exploits were luridly revealed in January when hundreds of human remains were dug up in Thonburi. He put one victim in a metal box alive and kept her overnight until she was dead.

Now after work by a missing persons' foundation and belated DNA analysis the identity of the 23 year old Oil - missing since 2014 - has been revealed. 

Mother Kaysorn Thiensopha from Bung Sam Phan sub-district in the north eastern Thai province was in tears at the graveside with friends ahead of taking her long lost daughter back home for cremation. 

Police are now reopening the cold case into the murder of Oil who was found by a roadside in 2014. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-03

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I must have missed that news .

Was it widely reported ?

Quite surprised that there haven't been any follow up stories .

This was the original article. Can't find any  follow-up.....

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1144313-man-held-after-hundred-of-bones-found-in-pond-as-murder-case-grips-thailand/#comments

• Thanks 1

I recall this news, hundreds of remains is not true, they were hundreds of parts of human remains. But it was only a few people. The guy talked too much finally they investigated and pumped his pond empty and found many bones and so on. This has been reported widely. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, robblok said:

I recall this news, hundreds of remains is not true, they were hundreds of parts of human remains. But it was only a few people. The guy talked too much finally they investigated and pumped his pond empty and found many bones and so on. This has been reported widely. 

Yeah, looking at the old thread (it was only last January ?) it seems they think those hundreds of parts were from 3 (or more) people. (At least 298 bones recovered from the pond). Not including the girl he put in a metal casket and left her to suffocate.

His father apparently murdered a 15 year old girl and "eviscerated" her for tapping on the side of a prized fish tank.
His mother supposedly was involved but managed to flee to America (where she presumably still is).

The Missing Persons foundation figured out that the guy (Ice) was in jail when this girl went missing (but no indication about why he was in jail). 

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, looking at the old thread (it was only last January ?) it seems they think those hundreds of parts were from 3 (or more) people. (At least 298 bones recovered from the pond). Not including the girl he put in a metal casket and left her to suffocate.

His father apparently murdered a 15 year old girl and "eviscerated" her for tapping on the side of a prized fish tank.
His mother supposedly was involved but managed to flee to America (where she presumably still is).

The Missing Persons foundation figured out that the guy (Ice) was in jail when this girl went missing (but no indication about why he was in jail). 

The clue might be in the name...Ice.

I wrote many of the stories back in January. The reason it might have dropped from the news could be something called Covid-19.

Rooster

3 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

His family was wealthy and owned markets. Hi father did time for killing a young girl and was shot upon his release.

I t was on Thai tv news for months. He’s in jail.

With some Luck  Ice will get the same Treatment .

7 hours ago, webfact said:

There were tears aplenty as missing hostess or pretty Yupha "Oil" Sridech from Phetchabun was exhumed from a Chinese cemetery in Chonburi yesterday.

Oil was never identified and was buried in an unmarked grave after being found murdered. 

Er,.....If she was never identified the body in the grave was a Joan Doe? If the grave was unmarked how was it found? The deduction that the body was murdered could come only by forensic examination after exhumation. ????

21 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Er,.....If she was never identified the body in the grave was a Joan Doe? If the grave was unmarked how was it found? The deduction that the body was murdered could come only by forensic examination after exhumation. ????

I'd guess that the grave site was noted, just no "headstone" or specific marker to identify the person buried. If they didn't mark the graves somehow they'd be digging them up again by accident every few years.

And I believe she had a forensic examination after she was found dead on the side of a road 6 years ago. What they are doing now it is treating it as a "cold case" and re-examining the evidence.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are now reopening the cold case into the murder of Oil who was found by a roadside in 2014. 

If the mother reported her missing why could the cops not link a dead girl to a missing person it Should never have been closed.

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

If the mother reported her missing why could the cops not link a dead girl to a missing person it Should never have been closed.

As I mentioned, I don't know if they have any kind of "national database" where such information would be noted (and could be searched). I suspect that her body went to the hospital, was examined (for cause of death), no ID was found so a Police Report (on paper) was probably made with her listed as the Thai equivalent of a "Jane Doe" and then filed.

I suspect that other things aren't on any national database either, like when an unidentified body shows up at the morgue. Makes it kind of hard to track down when no one knows who might be missing from where.

I'm sure they could set something up though, if they wanted to. It's not like other countries haven't done similar already.