Bars in small Guest Houses

Surasak

Can someone throw light on a subject in dispute. The owner of a small guest house has a few guests staying to whom he serves alcoholic drinks.

Food is also food, available and open to non guests, but these non-guests are refused alcoholic drinks.

Is the owner breaking any law, in force at present by serving guests, and could he legitimately serve drinks to non guests?

Sensible answers please

Edited by Surasak

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Just keep quiet about it.

If they are being careful they are not hurting anyone 

or are you one of the non guests wanting a drink?

This owner just cares about himself. Such people should be avoided. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2020 at 1:06 PM, Kerryd said:

"Private" house parties where alcohol is available (not even being sold) are busted by cops.

A hotel in South Pattaya was busted for a pool party where "hotel guests" were drinking alcohol.

But they were not raided for drinking alcohol.  Drinking alcohol on private premises does not contravene any regulations.  

Breaking nuisance and Covid-19 social distancing laws or meetings of more than the permitted numbers is what caused those raids.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Apparently , in the larger hotels it's ok to shop for your drinks at the 7-11's and then consume in your room.   Hopefully this madness will be resolved soon.....9 days 8 hours 13 minutes and counting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Unless you want a beer 

The law says that you can buy alcohol but you have to drink it at home. This is pretty clear. And I hope that you will understand when the law is enforced - not only at him but at you too. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

No, I am not a non guest. Very rarely go into the place and if I want a drink, I am quite capable of getting my own.

I asked the question due to a comment by an acquaintance.

6 hours ago, Surasak said:

No, I am not a non guest. Very rarely go into the place and if I want a drink, I am quite capable of getting my own.

I asked the question due to a comment by an acquaintance.

You must have heard about the Emergency decree which is still in effect nationwide? Under the decree it's officially forbidden to sell alcohol in any restaurant/bar/hole in the wall anywhere. That includes hotel bars and restaurants. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, natway09 said:

it is my understanding that alcohol impedes better judgement. 

therefore people will forget to do social distancing.

this is slippery slope. this could lead to sex without masks.    

It's really not that hard to figure out.

When people drink, they are more likely to do stupid things because of their "liquid courage". The larger the group, the more stupid things they may do (and stupider things at that).

And when large groups of drunk people start doing stupid things, it usually doesn't turn out well for anyone. Whether it be rioting and looting or spreading an infectious disease, it is more likely to happen when alcohol is involved.

And NO, this ISN'T about "punishing" tourists or expats. For Freddies Sake - the world, and Thailand, do not revolve around you and your need to drink in a public place and the government isn't doing it to "cripple the economy" that affects their bottom line as well as your drinking.

Makes me laugh when I think about all the threads over the years where people claimed that a 1 or 2 day closure of the bars due to a religious holiday or election was going to be "the final nail in the coffin" of tourism and how the economy was going to collapse and how no tourists would ever come back to Thailand if their ability to drink in a bar was curtailed for a day.

Yet the tourists kept coming, the economy didn't collapse and none of the whiners packed up and left for "wetter" pastures.

And when this crisis settles down, the tourists will start coming back (slowly), the economy will start to recover (slowly) and the same TV posters will continue to moan and groan about everything wrong (in their minds) with Thailand and will continue to cry "final nail in the coffin" until the day they themselves end up in one.

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is slippery slope. this could lead to sex without masks.    

Or it could lead to sex with masks.......just not the normal kind. All sorts of strange people out there. 
I prefer the Michael Myers mask myself. :w00t:

Some TV members may prefer the leather "gimp" mask. :ohmy:

As they say at the Eden Club

Sticks and Stones may break my bones.....

But whips and chains excite me ! :tongue: