Amazing Thailand: Scam alert! Blimey - that handsome foreigner is Justin Bieber!

webfact

Amazing Thailand: Scam alert! Blimey - that handsome foreigner is Justin Bieber!

10pm.jpg

Image; Manager online

A story doing the rounds of Thai social media featured a warning about a foreign Romance Scammer who was using the picture of none other than Justin Bieber. 

A Thai woman had sought the advice of her aunty after she chatted with a man in a prison jumpsuit. He looked very handsome though she thought he was a bit young for her. 

He used a video chat link and he sure looked nice (this may well have been "Deepfake", notes Thaivisa, a device used to mislead identity).

Despite the age difference, she was tempted to strike up a more permanent relationship after the handsome convict said that he had sent her lots of gifts and provided photo "evidence" of that. 

All the lady had to do was pay for the items to be released. (Thaivisa notes that this is a standard ploy used countless times by scammers - many of them Nigerian - to defraud lonely Thai women online. They are often in league with Thai women who pose as customs officials).

The woman - who was perhaps a little older than the age group familiar with the worldwide celebrity and singer - was warned about scams by her aunty and asked to see a picture of the handsome suitor. 

Her online post as revealed by Manager was priceless: Ohhooo! That's bloomin' Justin Bieber. 

Needless to say that despite countless others who have been conned out of their life savings in so-called Romance Scams, this Thai woman survived to chat another day!

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-03

• Haha 1

Note to other aspiring scammers:

If you want to succeed, be smart and use a picture

a) of a respectable person of high social standing (i.e. not JB), and

b) one that makes it believable that you can afford sending expensive gifts.

monopoly guy.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Note to other aspiring scammers:

If you want to succeed, be smart and use a picture

a) of a respectable person of high social standing (i.e. not JB), and

b) one that makes it believable that you can afford sending expensive gifts.

monopoly guy.jpg

hello teerak!  joop joop! where u go?  bai nai?  i go with you?   you so hansum glanbpa!

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

She might be a widow soon & available.

I'm waiting, but getting into the Sates is a bit challenging right now, so she (he)  needs to wait a few weeks. 

• Like 1